Cooling grow with outside air in winter.

• Thread starter Bibsteys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bibsteys

Bibsteys

Hey all thanks in advance for the advice. I have done a ton of googling on this topic but it yields few results. I want to add a few more 1000w hps lights to my setup and it seems so silly to run AC in the middle of winter. My thought is to use a thermostatic temperature controller to pull cool air when required through a hepa filter then insulated ducting from a 3 season sun room that is not heated. My thought is to coil 25 feet Or so of insulated ducking inside the house to allow the air to gradually warm a bit before entering my garden to reduce condensate. My other thought is to plumb the cool air into the inlet of my portable AC/dehumidifier combo in the hopes it can remove all the condensate. Anyone had luck drawing outside air? If so how did you do it?
Thanks!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I do pull in cold air during winter, it’s best to open a window in a room and then pull the air from that room. Then you won’t get condensation in the ducting or room. Also you can adjust the woindow depending on how cold it is outside.

smokey79

smokey79

Yea this is what I had to do, I have a thermostat controller thermostat ace, top buy but remember its best to use a coupling to the carbon filter as your temp is measured in the fan the more ducting and filter the less accurate the temps will be, I was getting cold burn from the extreme cold air, I can get away with opening 2x windows on the latch and shut the vent closest to windows. I exhaust to another room , works a treat , but is first I had cold burn , but totally condensation can be a pain in ass, and my fan is 30cm away from my filter is approx 2/3 C

Top Bottom