Cooling of Grow Tent / Drying Tent

• Thread starter WizardGandalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WizardGandalf

Living in Southern Arizona and my Drying Room in in the heat as I don't have an indoor room that is cooled, I am using 3x3 grow room to dry in, and it is outside in a plastic tent ! So here's what I'm looking for , a mini cooler that can be controlled by a humidity/temp controller. So it has to be able to be turned on and off by the controller, as well be 8 inches or smaller in diameter as I want use the 8" duct opening in the bottom of the Grow Room. Anyone got any ideas, I have checked online stores but have yet to find what I'm looking for? Have humidifier, dehumidifier, exhaust fan and circulator fan. I may have to invent something?

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Living in Southern Arizona and my Drying Room in in the heat as I don't have an indoor room that is cooled, I am using 3x3 grow room to dry in, and it is outside in a plastic tent ! So here's what I'm looking for , a mini cooler that can be controlled by a humidity/temp controller. So it has to be able to be turned on and off by the controller, as well be 8 inches or smaller in diameter as I want use the 8" duct opening in the bottom of the Grow Room. Anyone got any ideas, I have checked online stores but have yet to find what I'm looking for? Have humidifier, dehumidifier, exhaust fan and circulator fan. I may have to invent something?
Why not get a ac unit?

W

WizardGandalf

Don't have 1 for the RV we live in I think me wife would kill me !!!! I would have to buy 2 a/c's for that to work! I did get a used swap cooler 3100 cfm we shall see if it can bring the ambient temps down in the tent. I'm going to build a mini swamp cooler that can be used for environment control for grow room as well as mushroom grow room ! Living in RV and no shade so I up against heat and bringing in cooler air. Most of the time the air is dry here so an a/c unit would be going the wrong direction as they dehumidify. Also I would need a larger unit that electric cost would become cost prohibitive in a 10x20 plastic tent zero insulation. Maybe I will build a lung room, might be the best solution. My 1st harvest is in a very crowded 12 plants in plastic greenhouse 6.5' wide x15' long x7' high! I diverge and will move on. Namaste

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Don't have 1 for the RV we live in I think me wife would kill me !!!! I would have to buy 2 a/c's for that to work! I did get a used swap cooler 3100 cfm we shall see if it can bring the ambient temps down in the tent. I'm going to build a mini swamp cooler that can be used for environment control for grow room as well as mushroom grow room ! Living in RV and no shade so I up against heat and bringing in cooler air. Most of the time the air is dry here so an a/c unit would be going the wrong direction as they dehumidify. Also I would need a larger unit that electric cost would become cost prohibitive in a 10x20 plastic tent zero insulation. Maybe I will build a lung room, might be the best solution. My 1st harvest is in a very crowded 12 plants in plastic greenhouse 6.5' wide x15' long x7' high! I diverge and will move on. Namaste
Swamp cool sounds like your best option then

Top Bottom