Could castile soap used in a diluted foliar spray be beneficial to outdoor growing?

• Thread starter arikjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

arikjay

Could castile soap used in a diluted foliar spray be beneficial to outdoor growing? Just wondering. I thought I heard it was effective as a penetrator when sprayed on leaves in a foliar spray.

I've also seen it in recipes for outdoor teas; does anyone know the advantaged of these soap laced teas? is it beneficial to roots?

The castile soap in question that I am considering using is Dr. Bronners 18-in-1 hemp tea tree pure castile soap.
the ingredients are:
-water
-saponified organic coconut & organic olive oils(w/ retained glycerin)
-organic hemp oil
-organic jojoba oil
-tea tree extract
-citric acid
-vitamin e

any info you guys have would be great! i'd like to get to the bottom of this because i see this bottle of soap every time i shower and i'd like to know if i could use it to my growing benefit.:animbong:

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I'm interested as well. I've used it instead of dish soap to spray neem oil on my plants. Worked just fine and seemed more natural and biodegradable. Does anybody have any more in depth info?

A

arikjay

Neem oil is a great organic pesticide. i used it this season in a foliar spray but not with the castile soap yet.. im glad to hear that we're talking about an actual foliar application and that what i heard wasnt false.

Top Bottom