Could freshly picked seeds be germinate immediately

• Thread starter hiflygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hiflygrower

Just picked some seeds of a fresh bud and was wondering if I could germinate it right away.

C

Charles Xavier

Greetings hiflygrower

Just picked some seeds of a fresh bud and was wondering if I could germinate it right away....hiflygrower

You could...but germination tends to be more uniform and stable after a set period (drying out) of at least fourteen (14) days.

Sincerely,
Charles.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Seeds can be planted immediately, but I would recomend letting them dry out for a week or 2... U will get better germ rates

W

WilliamsWonder

I always let mine dry for 4 weeks. This is just what I do, but it seems to work best when you let them dry out for a few weeks. Sometimes you'll have poor germination if you plant them within a few days of harvest.

WilliamsWonder

T

trichburner

You can germinate them . I've had seeds sprout right out of the calyxes of living plants before .

R

Radio_Dread

You can germinate them . I've had seeds sprout right out of the calyxes of living plants before .

really? thats pretty crazy. would love to see a pic of that if you got it. thanks dude. good morning all:rasta:

just got done with our morning wake and bake now off to do some work for a couple hours.

take care,

RD:afroweed:

B

bicycle racer

what everyone said already yes they can germ right away but more do so after some dry time. i have found seeds in buds i was trimming germed with tap roots inside a bud no joke. i guess moisture levels and the heat of the summer caused this to happen. good to know im not the only one i thought my plants were mutants. this happened with some hybrids i made pre 98 bubba crossed to larry og kush. another funny thing is i made bho with a seeded grow most seeds i saved but some immature and smaller seeds were still in the trim and buds used for the bho. after i finished extracting i tossed the used trim around the yard outside as mulch and forgot about it months later after a heavy rain i have discovered hundreds of sprouts popped up all over my yard no exaggeration i mean everywhere in cracks in cement under bushes etc... its funny i dont know what to do.

I

I-90

Hello all. I agree with the info that has been shared. I have had sucess with un-cured seeds. I have found on a few occasions, seeds growing in the container with the seeded mother it came from.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey, just spreading the info. Apparently we've all been using the wrong words for a while. What we have been referring to as a "calyx" is actually called the "bract" and what we have been referring to as a "pistil" is actually called the "stigma". The pistil (or pistillate) is the term for the whole thing (the bract, calyx,ovule, stigma, the whole thing) and the calyx is the little olive shaped egg in the bottom of the bract. I'm just trying to make sure everyone has the correct info. Happy growing.
DwJ

2 Cannabis Pistillate Flower OShaughnessys RBG 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey, just spreading the info. Apparently we've all been using the wrong words for a while. What we have been referring to as a "calyx" is actually called the "bract" and what we have been referring to as a "pistil" is actually called the "stigma". The pistil (or pistillate) is the term for the whole thing (the bract, calyx,ovule, stigma, the whole thing) and the calyx is the little olive shaped egg in the bottom of the bract. I'm just trying to make sure everyone has the correct info. Happy growing.
DwJ

yup. And all the rest of the silly terms are wrong too. Flushing is leaching and what are the made up words super or monstercrop needed for?

But you are replying to posters from 2009. They might not hear you. ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom