Could I get away with not having a carbon filter for the first month of a new grow?

• Thread starter BudsNotLight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudsNotLight

BudsNotLight

I have my setup all ready bar my carbon filter. I know the one I want and it’s little pricey, so I’m gonna get at the end of the month. This is my first grow, so I wanted to find out if there is going to be much of a smell during the first month or if I’m just better off waiting until I get it to start. I’m only going for 3 plants to begin with.

crossfader

crossfader

You should be good, I did the same thing last grow. Started with 2 autoflowers and didn't get the fan/filter until they were just starting to smell strong. Good luck!✌

oLd1

oLd1

Growing with no Filter. Just now starting to smell.

My house is 2,000 Sg. Ft. Smell some as I come in the door and really smell just before going in the room their in but it is not that bad and you have to know what you are smelling.

Smoking is a different matter can smell hundreds of feet away.

oLd1

Rooke

Rooke

If you are going to grow photoperiod plants you probably won’t need one until about 6-7 weeks ish but autos will start to smell at 25 days or so. Getter done!

crossfader

crossfader

I've got a auto GG#4 cross that started making herself known 3 weeks from sprout. I was sitting in my living room and thought I smelled weed. Checked the tent in the basement and sure enough it was her and fired up the ventilation✌

freezeland2

freezeland2

Not needing a filter should not be interpreted as not needing exhaust. The need for exhaust will be dictated by temp and rh in the environment. Younger plants like a higher rh, but as they mature and late in veg you’ll want the rh to start coming down prior to flowering. Temp will probably be the biggest battle without exhaust.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Should be good without it for a bit. Just make sure you use the exhaust fan till then.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I dont know much but I think two things are Key

1 they dont smell strong until a bit into flower most of the time

2 i imagine it smell more in apartments than houses because people live close

Ponky

Ponky

Thats the cheapest you get. My fans been running for 3 years straight. Have several. All the same.

Top Bottom