Could I Please Get A Little Help With Deficiency

• Thread starter Tbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DR.GT

DR.GT

View attachment 681482 View attachment 681483 View attachment 681484 View attachment 681485 Can I get some opinions on what is happening with these leaves please?
This is right about the point where I usually start chasing my tail a bit. Deficiency or toxicity?
All three are off similar strains in one of my four pod UC. All are lower to mid level on the plants. Plants are into week three of bloom. I did change nutes ten days ago from GH Lucas to GH floroduo ( I know, not much of a change ). Slowly upping the ppms to find what they want and I am getting to about 350 right now , seems like they still want more because the ppm still drops about 30 parts overnight. All this tells me I am still a bit lean and I think that is what I see in these leaves but I have blown it beforeat this point and chased burn and canoeing issues for the rest of the cycle.
What do you folks see?
Btw... I scoured the backside with a loupe and saw no evidence of pests. I hit them with Spinosad twice before they move out of the veg room!

What is your pH doing?

JMcG

JMcG

Ahh yes... ph.
Ph has been good, so far it has been hanging around 5.8-9.
In the last couple of days I have increased the ppm to around 420 ( my lucky number) and they seem to dig it. Came in last nite and they were praying hard!
Maybe I have been not feeding enough.

Tbone

Tbone

ter

I ran a little lower Nute schedule this run and things look better. Still a little leaf cupping and edges burning but much better. Going to drop the schedule down even a little more next run. But coming along well in week 6.

JMcG

JMcG

You're canoeing syndrome doesn't look nearly as bad this time! On my new runs I am trying out new nutrients. GH Floraduo on one pod and Ionic on the other. The FD pod is in week 5 right now, and only some light canoeing. I had them running around 375 for the first couple of weeks and it was fine, then took it to 420 and it was still good, tried 450 at week 4 and got some burn. Mag deficiency at the same time too I think, which surprised me because there is mag and sulphur in their profile. I backed it down to 410 and they seems to have leveled out the trenght nicely. Gonna add some Epsom salts to the solution to try to get the mag right.
The other pod with the Ionic nutes is looking really happy too at week two of flower. Been running around 310 on these ladies and they semi just a touch hungry. Upping it to 340 and will foliar feed some epsom just in case. No sign of tip burn on these girls yet!

Tbone

Tbone

I concidered trying another line too. But I seem to be making some headway in the right direction now. Im going to cut down on ppm scedule just a little bit more next run. Maybe 550ppm max on the 500 scale. Trying to find the sweet spot. I think Im getting close. Please keep us informed on the ionic and GH as to how it goes. I have a friend who kills it with GH.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Let me see if I can help. When running any hydro, be it ebb n flo, nft, dwc, rcdwc so forth, you have to keep in mind that the sytems are very efficient at delivering the nutrients and minerals that the plants need to thrive. I found out years ago that when going dro of any style I back off the nutes and don't try to force feed them. With that said tho, what I am seeing is a possible hotspot issue or temperature/ humidity related issue. Any plants including cannabis will cup up/canoe/taco for a few reasons, temps and wind burn. This is a survival move by the plant to close it's stomata and curl the leaves up so as to limit the amount of PAR hitting the surface of the leaf. This limits the amount of moisture lost thru transpiration and helps to control the heat.

All that aside that is one awesome garden you got there man. Very nice indeed. Props +++

JMcG

JMcG

A good point. My canoeing issue has indeed gotten much better, and you advice is spot on. My issues were a culmination of both ... nutrients being pushed a bit too much and to much direct airflow across my canopy in a room that suffers from incurable VPD. ( all things considered, I actually think I like it with low RH...)
I have cut back on nutrient strength and also raised my fans so they stay above the canopy by a few inches and barely move the plants instead of a more direct flow through them. Seems to help, still have a bit of canoeing but not too bad this time.

Top Bottom