could this yellowing of the plant be light burn

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i was asking numb that i should of worded it different if he doesn't see light burn then what lol i only got a week maybe 2 to go
i have been keeping it cold tpo bring out the purple in the gdp
I grew GDP by Blimburn Seeds last grow, and the purple showed up most predominantly in the larger leafs and not so much up at the tip of the buds where the growth is both newer and smaller.

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it doesnt really look light related.

but it is often a great idea to dim lights if you think you have issues.

depending on your dirt and food it could be several other things.

if you really only have at most 2 weeks leave it alone. most things you do to her to fix her wont work in the timeframe.

if you have longer, and depending on what you have her in and what she is feeding on, you might want to try something pretty passive like a tea or a top dressing of worm castings or along those lines.

id bet its not lights though. i can point to several things that say not lights. your green is fading not cooking.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

if you really only have at most 2 weeks leave it alone. most things you do to her to fix her wont work in the timeframe.

if you have longer, and depending on what you have her in and what she is feeding on, you might want to try something pretty passive like a tea or a top dressing of worm castings or along those lines.

id bet its not lights though. i can point to several things that say not lights. your green is fading not cooking.
everything i have done and feed these plants are in these 2 threads

growsince79

growsince79

In his other thread he had the light at 14" or 1800ppfd then raised it to 1400ppfd. Thats way too much without co2 and multipe feeds per day imo. Leds don't fry the plant right away like a hps would if its too close. It shows up a couple days later ime. I'd bet anything that played a role. I'd also bet anything that its so close to being done it won't matter much.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I see natural growth. It's lighter and as it ages, it gets darker. You sort of want this. It's the plant telling you that it's low on nitrogen and now would be a good time to flip.
If you flip while the plant has excess nitrogen, then it continues to stretch. Flip it and as it stops stretching, it will need less nitrogen and it will balance out.

growsince79

growsince79

I see natural growth. It's lighter and as it ages, it gets darker. You sort of want this. It's the plant telling you that it's low on nitrogen and now would be a good time to flip.
If you flip while the plant has excess nitrogen, then it continues to stretch. Flip it and as it stops stretching, it will need less nitrogen and it will balance out.
I think you mistakenly replied to the wrong post lol.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

plants are in 7th week of flower lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
week 7? well, no matter what happened, raise the light (or growsince79 said you did, so good there) and keep on keeping on.

i dont do the flushing or anything like that, but if you havent and that is something you want to do, you might do it now.

sorry, didnt read the other 2 threads, growsince79 seems to be on top of things!

growsince79

growsince79

week 7? well, no matter what happened, raise the light (or growsince79 said you did, so good there) and keep on keeping on.

i dont do the flushing or anything like that, but if you havent and that is something you want to do, you might do it now.

sorry, didnt read the other 2 threads, growsince79 seems to be on top of things
Its a beautiful grow anyways. I been at it decades and still have never had an absolute perfect crop. Something can always be improved.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

is there anyway at all the yellowing could be from over watering ? i am using fabric pots and i noticed tonight that it seems like the top have of the pot will be dry but the bottom will still feel damp the 2 that this is happening too is about a foot off the floor and doesn't seem to dry out as fast as the one closer to the floor the other 5 plants are 3 inches from the floor

growsince79

growsince79

is there anyway at all the yellowing could be from over watering ? i am using fabric pots and i noticed tonight that it seems like the top have of the pot will be dry but the bottom will still feel damp the 2 that this is happening too is about a foot off the floor and doesn't seem to dry out as fast as the one closer to the floor the other 5 plants are 3 inches from the floor
Could be root issues involved. Do you see any gnats?

Observationist

Observationist

i know over all it's good but it is driving me crazy as to what it is lol
which is good, never stop asking questions.

like what causes "LED/Light Burn"

not enough vitamins to keep up with the energy from the light?

or why do my flower tops fade to a lime green the first week or two or three after switching to 12/12

Top Bottom