Could use a little help Diagnosing this

• Thread starter kt303rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kt303rd

Hey guys, wondering if I could get a little insight as to what may be going on here.
This is my first ever run. I am getting leaves with bright green edges and random spotting going on.
Water PH is always 6.2-6.4, and am running them in Happy Frog with DTE amendments.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bambam1jpg
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Looks like the soil is a bit hot. Tips are burnt, slight clawing from excess N.

Keep an eye on it. If the tips don't get noticeably worse and your new growth continues to look healthy then it's just a bit too much food for her.

2Bad

2Bad

@Shaded_One knows more then me. But do you give them microbes. would be a good idea if you don't.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

+1 to what @CookiesLikeWhoa & @2Bad said, and on top of that: epsom salts, epsom salts, epsom salts! :) 1-2 tablespoons per gallon of water. This will cover your Mg and S micros

ps welcome to the farm 🧙‍♂️

K

kt303rd

@2Bad I water with Great White Mycorrhizae every 2-3 weeks.

@Shaded_One I've been giving them Calmag every other watering. Do you think the Mg is not enough from that?

2Bad

2Bad

How much cal/mag per gal? How often are you watering? How close is your light ?

This is gonna be a good one...

2Bad

2Bad

It does look like a P def though because of the burnt tips

p.s. myco should be watered minimum every 2 weeks if it's too expensive switch to Azos and extreme gardening Myko

2Bad

2Bad

Don how do you know if something blocks something else i've always wondered

edit: also ph'ing organic ? is that normal?

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Looks like potassium to me. The Cal/Mag might even be blocking it.
I agree, deficiencies in Mg travels from tip to vein, while deficiencies in K stays on edges till death it seems.
Don how do you know if something blocks something else i've always wondered

edit: also ph'ing organic ? is that normal?
This is the question. 🤔
The tip burn leads to think something is in excess. 😎

K

kt303rd

@2Bad I have been using 1tbsp/gal of calmag every other watering. The pots have been dring out every 5 days or so, they are not really on a watering schedule yet. I have my SF-4000 set to 75% at 28-30 inches.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Any particular reason you're running Cal/mag every watering?

Depending on the brand of cal/mag it might be getting it's calcium from Calcium Nitrate which will add extra N into your grow, and may explain the slight N toxicity.

2Bad

2Bad

1tbsp? Dry ammendment? Also lower the intensity of your light until you correct your issue probably like 10% would help.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

you shouldn't be using CalMag at all with an organic/soil grow imo - there are far better methods of getting these nutrients and they also provide a host of other benefits (gypsum, epsom salt)

I agree with the P def especially if you are around week 3 of flower which its hard to tell from the pic you gave. If you have decent tap water you 100% should not be using a calmag product with soil grows. What have you been giving for ratios and amounts of feed? Gaia Green uses the same ratios as DTE(depending on what you get) so I'm curious

K

kt303rd

@CookiesLikeWhoa Its every other watering. The Cal/Mag I am using definitely has N - 'Age Old' Calmag2 (2-0-0).

The plants have just flipped to flowering 2 days ago. Our local water is pretty alkaline so that's why I figured I should probably PH it.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

@kt303rd I would personally avoid the cal/mag. I would assume it's playing some part in the N excess that's shown. @Shaded_One has given some of the best advice. Epsom Salt will give you the extra Mg/Sulfur and your soil should be solid on Cal to make it to the end.

@2Bad also recommend microbes. That will help make the goods in your dry amendments available for the plant. When growing organic I run Recharge and Great White. I've, personally, never seen plants explode with growth quite like a fresh watering after a top dressing with those two.

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

@CookiesLikeWhoa Its every other watering. The Cal/Mag I am using definitely has N - 'Age Old' Calmag2 (2-0-0).

The plants have just flipped to flowering 2 days ago. Our local water is pretty alkaline so that's why I figured I should probably PH it.
Switch to epsom salt 100% calmag in organic is a no-no. Unless it's OMRI certified. Grab some Equate Epsom Salt. As for ph'ing alkaline water don't go lower then 7. I wouldn't even ph it but to each his own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom