Could use a second experienced Eye

• Thread starter Misguided.USMC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misguided.USMC

Misguided.USMC

Hello there I’m pretty much a shoobie when jr comes to growing cannabis as I just recently moved to CA but I grew up in agg and farming but I am trying some new advanced methods with using DWC and I keep running into the same issue in each DWC grow. It does start from the top of the plant so I was guessing micro nutrients or that I’m missing trace minerals from my tap water but I’m not sure what is going on. Hopefully someone here can point out or give a suggestion it would be fresh hope on!

Could use a second experienced eye
Could use a second experienced eye 2
Could use a second experienced eye 3
Could use a second experienced eye 4
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Give us the run down. Ph? Nutes and ppms? Temps, rh? Lighting? Anything weird you did?

Heynow

Heynow

Flip a leaf over so we can see. The spotting looks like spider mites

Misguided.USMC

Misguided.USMC

Temps are pretty constant at 78 Fahrenheit and Rh is 35% to 42% never higher or lower. For lighting I use a P4000 Viparspectra LED fixture. My PH I always PH to 5.8 and my PPM is 1013. I’m also confused by why it would be showing this deficiency in the new growth at the very tops of my plants would it do so with a calcium deficiency or lockout ?Everything has been the same and this is just an example of one DWC grow. All of my DWC show the same issues as the pictures I posted. I just recently switched from using the 3 part Advanced Nutrients + A.N. Cal-Mag to now using NPK RAW Nutrients for a couple of other reasons as well as trying to fix this issue. Should I drain my DWC and put new water in and go very light in the nutrient mixture?

Last edited:
Misguided.USMC

Misguided.USMC

Definitely calcium and over fed. Could be ratios, lockout or ph. Usually calcium is an uptake issue and not so much a lack of.
[/QUO
the easiest way to rectify the lockout by just replacing the solution in the DEC?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ca deficiency usually shows up at the top of the plant. And yeah ppm too high, what Aqua man said is about right, 600ppm or so is where you should be. High ppm can lock out Ca by having too much phosphorus available which binds to it, and high ppm will also slow down the transpiration rate which is crucially important for Ca uptake.

Top Bottom