crackin on at last!!

• Thread starter static12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

static12

hi peep's!! it bin a while but the box is gonna get its first try in a day or so, jus to recap my box is 2x2x4 - cramped i know - and a 4mm thick ply box the heat/fire risk was a major issue with the missus. so ive ended up getting myself sorted with a 200w cfl (blue spectrum) light just to get things moving, the plan being adding another 200w cfl (red spectrum) when i come to flower. Q - is this sufficient lighting for 2 plants (going to try LST, but as a newbie, god only know's how that will turn out!!). the next thing i need a hand with is the best/easiest way to grow for a novice, soil or hydro. i was/am going to go with soil (canna coco) and easy A(veg)+B(flower) neutes. but a friend of mine swears by hydro saying the results a better and quicker, now i may be wrong but i don't think ive got enough room to do a hydro? also ive seen an 'oxy pot' bubbler system that looks pretty fool proof and i can still use canna clay pebbles, i take it you put the seed in the rock wool then in clay pebbles in the net - is it really that simple??
looking forward to hearing your thoughts or ideas, p.s the seeds are goin in germ tomoz so speed is of the essence!! (found a local-ish grow shop that will have any bit's of kit i'll need)

T

tophmaster

i use coco i would stay in that. coco is considered hydro btw not soil. its a soiless medium that u treat basically like hydro in a way. like u need to feed them more often then soil cuz it doesnt hold as much nutes. and u feed or water every single day. what i do is 3 feedings and a day of watering or 4 feedings and a day of watering. people do it a million different ways. and yes i do think that will be a good amount of light for lst on just 2 plants. but u cant veg them super long because its harder for a cfl to have the same light penetration in a big plant like an hid would. so dont let them get too big.

and yes it really is that simple. set the rockwool in the grow pepples or flakes of hydroton or whatever you are using. u just have too keep experimenting with it and what u like u will see how this grow did and learn and adapt with time. but your nutes thing the a and b is a base nutrient only. they are used together the whole time until flush then u add different canna nutes at different times like cannazyme rizotonic canna boost etc u need to reaserch the canna line more cuz its definentally not a (veg) b (bud) lol i use house and garden a & b instead of canna then use the rest of the canna line i have heaerd of people using a first and b later but u need more there in bud like canna boost or at least some guano or somethin that has a higher phosphorus # in it for budding. damn that took years to do i am stoned goodluck bro let me know if u need anythin else

D

dynamitejack

Soil is easier for beginners because if you mess something up you have a little more time to fix it. If you start to flower when the plants are less than 12" then you will have enough room for 2 plants.

S

static12

thanks for the words of wisdom guy's - told you i was a newbie!! i understand the pro's an con's of a CFL tophmaster, but in my situation its the only way forward! and i have been told to get a few grows under my belt in soil, prob for the same reason dynamitejack pointed out. so i'll get myself setup for 4-5 grow's in soil, as i'm only doing 2 plants at a time i don't think i'll be biting off more than i can chew (fingers crossed!!) and then do the same again with a hydro and see what suits me best, will get sum decent soil and neutes not just A+B (cheers tophmaster). just cant wait to begin pulling my hair out and trying to eliminate problems while growing my own. gonna go get my kit at weekend an and get this trial and error show on the road!!!
once again, massive thanks for any ideas/advise/help/techniques they're always welcome peeps'

Top Bottom