Crappy looking plants

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

What do you mean? I use proper ph (5.8-6.1). I dont use a cheap ph pen, and the blue lab ph monitor is calibrated regularly...infact it tells me when it wants calibrated,every 30 days with flashing lights. I rinse with r.o water after after every use. Between uses its stored properly in ph probe solution with twist on cap. Storage solution changed every time I calibrate.
Don’t put your Blue Lab meter in RO water. Pure water will alter the chemistry of the probe and kill it.

Edit: I guess I should read all the way to the bottom before responding. @clackmon is correct.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Good information, thanks.

Wont lie alot of what I'm doing is based off my notes/doodles from observations when I first started coco. One of my bold/capitlized notes was dont over water. I did try keeping coco on moist side in veg and water twice daily at first. Plants started to look over watered and not reach for light. Thats why I went longer between feedings, it made them happy. I never let pot get super light or bone dry, just dryish to where I can stick finger in and feel moisture still, but not soggy. So maybe we are talking about the same thing, and I'm just poorly describing how I do it. For flower I do have/use a automatic feed system on timer that feeds 3 times a day and it stays faily wet but they love it then, pry what you meant by developed roots. If this recent nutrient change doesnt work I will definitely hook up automatic feeder so they get a few small feedings a day. I'll also raise my p.h. on tomorrow's feeding to 6.2-and keep it between 6.2-6.5 for veg, and lower in flower. Thanks for letting me know it could also be how I water. I'm simply going off stuff I learned from first two runs with coco.....still alot to learn if you cant tell lol.
Throw them on the drippers. I put rooted clones into 1gal fabric pots and they immediately get 3x a day waterings. I tried doing hand watering twice a day for the first couple weeks in 4” square pots a few grows ago. They hated it. Now they go from the propagation dome to the drippers. Never have any issues, and I reuse my coco. My full flowering plants get up to 6x a day feedings. I mix my res up to EC=1.2 pH=6.1-6.3. Never ever let coco dry out. Keep it moist and irrigate often to refresh the nutrient solution in the root zone. That makes happy plants in coco.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Thanks for pointing out not to use r.o. water to clean probe @clackmon

@Enforcer I'll look into drippers and fabric pots are next step. I was just wating till they got bigger before putting into the gallon smart pots, its good to know next time I can skip the multiple transplants and put them in final home off the bat.

20190802 093727
20190802 093733
20190802 093742
Top Bottom