Crawl crawl Attic Attic

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I had no real room in my house to grow like I wanted to. The one or two grows I started with had me hooked and hooked hard. I am retired and back in collage working on my Biomedical research classes and I no longer live on the VA medications. Herb has seen me through some of the hardest times and best times of my adult life but if I am to remain in this state of wellbeing I need a space I can control environmentally. The Attic is all I have left.

I know some of you will be rolling eyes and saying no way to beat that heat. But I needed to try.

HOW I Did IT:::: w/Pics

· 1st clean everything and bug bomb. Then clean again . in case u missed that one spot you clean again. Then add eve vents screen’s and clean..

· AIR IS CRITICAL RIGHT? Mass air movement in and out with noise not being a concern I came up with the unit in the pictures 220v air handler 8 and 12 duct for the veg/clone and flower area. Mounted and wired with 3 speeds set on low at this time.

· Full clean fumigated screened vents and insulated floor, vapor barrier laid then *OSB* flooring waited 2mnths as the shit to off gas (OSB stinks) painted then covered with plastic.

· Moved to the roof with 6’ rolled r-19 1st Then covered all of that with TempShield Single Bubble Foil/Foil Insulation then 1/2" Foil Faced Insulation Panel. A roll of black-N-white plastic Then reflective Mylar for the finish.

· I built a light trap on north facing eve to draw fresh air Filtered of course and also drawn air from the living room via the 34x48 filter plate that I also installed in the ceiling of the pantry closet (Veg/Clone room)

· I figured bigger area was better so I have the room made 12x12 for better control

· Now as far as the air in/out I use a single 8” Kool tube with a 1000w Hortilux Super hps and Lumatek. This site draws so much air I pulled the 2” framing and plastic wall down when I had it running and all sealed up way too much negative pressure I have that all fixed now. Twin 18’ fans move air in the room the ballast and all gear is outside the room. Two separate monitors to make sure things are good I also ran separate 20amp outlets.

· The plan is to run 6 or 8 small, bushy Stadium. Style. That’s where I’m at and so far I couldn’t be more pleased.

· Lights are 12/12 on at 9pm off at 9am so I can take advantage of the cooler night . so far I am 68-72 all day and no shit I run 68 all night at 40-50% RH

· 60/40 coco/hydroton DTW Jacks Pro once every other water at 5.7 PH

· I make tea and add mg or Ca if I see the need

· I believe in Caps beanies and had a buddy trade me some and sea green a few other goody's have helped this plan to materialize.

· Now I need to cull and hope I don’t run out of space.

· Room has been in operation for 30 days so far so good

Wish me Good Vibe and tell me what you would add or ? No need for a scrubber but CO2 Maybe?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

How it all starts with a plan
AtticGrow 2b

Then You build It
AtticGrow 2c
Then You wire it
Hang it
AtticGrow 2f

Vent and cover it with lots of insulation and plastic
AtticGrow 7

Make it safe and germinate the Green
AtticGrow 12
AtticGrow 13
AtticGrow 14
AtticGrow 15
AtticGrow 17
AtticGrow 18
Have A Blast
AtticGrow 19

AtticGrow 1
AtticGrow 2
AtticGrow 2d
AtticGrow 2e
AtticGrow 2g
AtticGrow 9
AtticGrow 10
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I will end up with half the number topside and will be keeping it VERY SHORT start the flip to 12/12 tonight, as I have had the light off 24hrs. so keep you all posted.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Update
6 out of 13 have shown sex as of tonight at lights on... 3 lady's and 3 males. I will keep the best 4 girls and my two clones from my mother plant for a total of 6 only I believe that will be more than enough herb for me and a few other Vets following along a more natural Point of view and lifestyle.

Remember if you don't stand for something
You will fall for anything
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

atticgrow-13-jpg.408946

The 1st 6 I started were freebees MK Ultra, Bubba Kush and SAGE The others are straight up bag seed
from some amazing bud thats from my mom and dads stash in the 70s So I thought WTF I tried 34 seeds to start with only 10 cracked and 9 sprouted and grew. Probably old Panama red or Hawaiian (Skunk weed) is all we called it back way back. I didnt expect them to come up at all. good ol beens....

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Pulling the plug on #8, 9, 11, and 14 (MALE)
#7, 10, and 12 so far are rocking the white hair.It will be a toss up between #5 or #6
Keeping Lucky 13 awesome growing male keeping the stud in a room of his own till he is ready for the money shot.
now if I can figure out wtf to do with it once I collect it I will be good.....
More readin more lernin Love It!
Sending out the love to the Farm

burn4me

burn4me

love what youve done brother. looks awesome.
sending a whole mess of positive vibes your way. gotta question. you said youre keepin some pollen. do you plan to hit a female with it or just keep for later time? also if you use it to hit a lady, you just gonna do a branch or two?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

love what youve done brother. looks awesome.
sending a whole mess of positive vibes your way. gotta question. you said youre keepin some pollen. do you plan to hit a female with it or just keep for later time? also if you use it to hit a lady, you just gonna do a branch or two?

I have no clue yet... but I see a real chance to have fun with it so why not put it up fer later. I hear farmers say all the time I should have kept some of it going or it was such a great male so I figure sounds like a good plan.....
Much respect and thanks you keep it green B4Me

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I don't even know why I choose the to keep this one.....
other than I broke the main stock down to the coco and it still came on like gangbusters
the spaces between the branches are nice
it smells like out of this world
and when the other plants wimped out from all my Newbie mistakes this guy was always the 1st to perk back up
I suppose I owe it to him He be one Tough SOB,,,,,,, reg seed from a bag.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

line up on my flower Run.
under 1k Lumatek and super blue eye HPS
FEEDING
Jacks Pro
Caps Beanies
and a whole lot of help and Love from the farm

2: Blue OG cuts from my mother plant (Nyvia), the smell is very pleasant and by far the darkest green and look at the leaf.
2: SAGE (very nice IMHO) soft easy to train bounced back every topping and one split into three tops on both sides
1: MK Ultra My problem child slower then the others but smell and super sturdy plant like a bull dog
3: Bag They have some sativa look but mostly indica wider leaf. I noticed while topping the bag seed plants, very strong fibrous stems and they were hollow! The smell is very Pine and dead skunk road kill and floors you as soon as you touch them. I am tryin to keep the grow Short due to height of the room We shale see.
For sure the grow for me has given me peace.
6 11 14Bud
6 10 14Lineup
6 9 2014Lineup
ThreeLeaf
SAM 2690

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I don't even know why I choose the to keep this one.....
other than I broke the main stock down to the coco and it still came on like gangbusters
the spaces between the branches are nice
it smells like out of this world
and when the other plants wimped out from all my Newbie mistakes this guy was always the 1st to perk back up
I suppose I owe it to him He be one Tough SOB,,,,,,, reg seed from a bag.

HELP!!!!!!
ok so one of the small pollen sacs opened today but it was all by itself. a single pod
I shook the small male pretty good just to see and the one and only sac fell off pic below
pic of plant
Please when should I see this full on pollen and how the heck do I keep it from going everywhere
yes it is Isolated from my girls 100%
own small room any help will be appreciated.
Much respect
FlyJ
Pod1
SAM 2937
SAM 2906

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Honestly man, it all depends on your goals. You want alot of seeds or a little? What stage of flower are your females in? Your male, though it looks like its starting to stack up nicely with sacs is still going to be stacking up and that male will put off pollen for a little bit. Do you have females ready to go right now?

Well First off Id have your male sitting on some plastic or glass or something. Id be going in periodically and just start scrapping the piles of pollen off the glass/plastic whatever your using. Now if you have plants ready to go right away, well just scoop the pollen into a bag and either paper bag a branch or go in with a paint brush and start painting colas. Of course dont do this in the same room as your flowering in, bring the female out and pollinate in a seperate location, unless of course your pollinating a whole room, and then Id just put the male in the room in front of a fan and let them all live together for a few days to a week, depending on how much pollen your male is busting.

If your females are not ready, you will collect the pollen off the surface you have the plant resting on and scrape that surface every morning, or afternoon or whatever. Dry the pollen out whcih doesnt take long, and then throw it in some seal a meal bag with some dessicant of some sort and vacuum seal it and throw it in the fridge to use at a later date.

Theres a thousand different and right ways to go about it, it really just comes down to whatever works best for you. Thats how I generally speaking do it, but there is always the exception.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

TY Loompa
yes girls two ready 2 plus week flowers so far yes the male is on a plastic tote that fits the room wall to wall
Thank you that's what I needed to hear. i will gather pollen daily till I have what I feel is enough
SAM 2844
SAM 2946
and go for it. THANK so much.
Moved the fan and the two plates out and covered the other top with foil as to collect as much pollen as possible Thanks again Loompa

Last edited:
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Are you doing open pollination or you going to keep each male stock different to test out your males?

If your doing open pollination and just collecting pollin from both males and hitting your target plants/branches then your good to go. But if your trying to keep your male stock seperate to evaluate a male, then your males are to close to each other. Not only that, in a perfect world both males should be kept seperated to avoid one male dusting the other male and causing cross contamination.

Id personally also wait to hit those females. Id wait till week 4-6 depending on how quickly those females stack up. You dont want to hit the now cause theres not alot of calyxes to pollinate at this point, you wont get as many seeds doing it now vs waiting 2- 3 weeks.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hmm,,,,
didn't think about the two males like that
I will have to leave them together or axe one
Shit I don't have a enough time to set up space time to choose
one on the right is very fragrant and strong as hell
fibrous with hollow stems Bent and broke the shit out of him, He kept coming back
I will wait till the buds on the girls fill it some thank you again Loompa.

I must say I Have read most of your threads and strain you produce ( Yeti and the Snowman Yum Ho Hum) someday
with out a doubt..... you Sir "make Create art".
I look forward to ordering some of your great beans as health and stable aty return my way
much respect
FlyJ Stable
Thanks again

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

This is what I came home to after my VA appointment today…..

WTF about following simple rules in life:::::::::

Respect your elders.....Love Mother Earth ECT………Basic Life’s rules……..

But most of all don’t fucking steal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!………

I do have security cameras, and watching my plants yanked from there pots made me physically sic. I don’t recognize them, or better I don’t. Besides whom am I kidding? Its not like I can report it.

There young dumb ass lives have a lot of Bad highway headed their way. What goes around surely WILL BE coming around. FUCK FUCK F SUC SHITHEADS even took my ballast.

This is one of them witch path to take moments, Do I say the hell with it and go back on the VA shit or start over. Damn takes the life right out of me and I feel a part of me is gone.. Like a fucking HOLE.

IRONICALLY, GROWIN MY OWN MEDS MADE MY LIFE BEARABLE. FUCKIN THIEVES
FUCKinTheif   Copy
FuckinTheif1

Latest posts

Top Bottom