Creating clones from roots no cutting

• Thread starter Mrmitten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That is what I have seen on videos, I am sure they used the just stem and not the tops or roots. I have no real world knowledge of how to do it, I have just watched the stuff on you tube.
From what I have read... you want the very newest growth from the tips. There are many reason for that but yeah I know @Moe.Red is doing this and I am slowly plugging through this book for my future trials.

20210521 162247
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

be careful with that someone is going to post up one of those POS tissue culture kits that is available. Such a joke, the level of sterility required is not funny!
No more than with mushrooms. It's actually very very similar.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I got into this after mushrooms because I already had the stuff to do it.

Mushrooms are way more rewarding
Definitely fun... will say I have been working on a challenging one though... its been a pita working out an isolate. Made a major mistake of trying to make an entire fruiting room. Back to sealed tubs for me.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Definitely fun... will say I have been working on a challenging one though... its been a pita working out an isolate. Made a major mistake of trying to make an entire fruiting room. Back to sealed tubs for me.
I’m finishing up a fully controlled (temp Rh co2) mono tub setup. Sterile. If I decide to start selling them I’d love you as a beta tester. I’ll send ya a pic later.

I’m trying to get a consistent morel crop. Crazy hard. Needs electronics of course lol. I over engineer every damn thing. It’s a sickness.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Here is a pic of whats left of it. I still have 1 other in the tent that hasn't quite finished up (fairly sure its a mislabeled sativa from seedbank). Its been hanging in for the last 2 weeks (a few flower nodes even popped up (or were already there and smaller) I've been picking them off as I heard it isn't good for reveg). I still can't switch to 24 hour light quite yet as I don't think this other plant is done. I'm in no rush to fill the tent up and have another run so I'm totally up to experiment with something for fun.
when you try to get the clone in flower to reveg or after harvest grow again they like to call it monster cropping. you should have left the buds, that is what makes the new plant.

it takes a while but it works. if you feed, go back to whatever you used in week 2 or 3 of veg.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m finishing up a fully controlled (temp Rh co2) mono tub setup. Sterile. If I decide to start selling them I’d love you as a beta tester. I’ll send ya a pic later.

I’m trying to get a consistent morel crop. Crazy hard. Needs electronics of course lol. I over engineer every damn thing. It’s a sickness.
Bahaha well if you find a treatment please let me know... so far i manage it with gummies to stop the thinking so I can sleep. Somehow I took the work smarter not harder to a new unhealthy level. I feel for ya brother.

G

Greendownunder

I've found a little bit of info and discussion by searching Google but not much info on this topic. Has anyone heard of creating clones from roots and does anyone have a guide they can point me too. I had a very nice Chemdog clone that I recently cut in dwc. I didn't take any clones plus I don't really plan on starting my tent back up until fall (no central air and summer electric rates are too high plus I have a nice harvest). Reading they take quite sometime to take hold it clicked this might be a nice experiment for me to do as I still have the bucket going from the clone question (has a single leaf some of the stem and root ball, originally i planned on trying to reveg this then take clones from that as I have time and it would require limited power). Thoughts anyone ever heard of this technique or is it just a myth?
You can cellular clones but usually done with new growth tips of plant tops

Observationist

Observationist

you might be able to reveg her. you say it has a leaf? can you post a picture?

ive had some fun with the revegged "monsters". they look and act crazy and monsterish!

if you have the time, you might get the harvested plant to reveg (maybe... id need to see where and how the leaf looks.) but im not grasping the concept of a root turning into a plant.

there are plants you can do that with, most things that propagate with runners - like spider plants or hydrangea, can grow from roots. but that is in the programming of the plant. cannabis doesnt have runners.

some root plants can grow a new plant when only roots are left, but in actuality it is the veggie growing it with its own new roots, just comes from the root with nothing up top.

if they had a complete genetic sequence for cannabis, those questions would be answered in the absolute.
So we don’t have cannabis genetically sequenced?

wow

humanity sucks lol

G

Greendownunder

From what I have read... you want the very newest growth from the tips. There are many reason for that but yeah I know @Moe.Red is doing this and I am slowly plugging through this book for my future trials.
That is where plant stem cells reside, in the absolute newest growth naturally, in the tips of the plants tops. Uncertain if the top growth is preferred over the undergrowth for such a procedure but I believe you place a clean top and place it in a clear gel solution and refrigerate with 24 hr light. Then cellular harvesting is done from the tip of the sample.

Top Bottom