Criolla Cubana

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7rayos

Hello. I've recently have been given half a dozen seeds of a cuban landrace, known there as "criolla", spanish for creole. Marijuana comsumption in Cuba is well restricted, and growing it means living in the sierras and selling the stuff makes it even more complicated. These particular seeds come from a university student from Havana, and he got them when touring as part of some anthropological study on the local indigenous tribes 3-4 years ago, but i've got very little info. Searching the net hasn't brought me anymore info on the strain, i don't even know whether is a pure landrace not even if it's sativa, although i presume it should be. Hope they'll germinate and answer by themselves.
I wonder if anyone heard of them.

E

edelephant

The infamous criolla.

I studied in cuba once for 6 months and another time for 4 months. although you would think it is hard to find a decent bud in cuba, it was pretty easy, just a little sketchy as old havana at night is a thieves paradise. the criolla was only available to us at the very end of stay and only in a select area after showing the locals we were friendly and not troublemakers. the bud was amazing and definitely a sativa, but who knows what it was, as no one really told us anything but the name

should be fun regardless.

H

herby

Damn, In all my trips there I never found a bud. Love the island though and the women of course :) Good luck with those seeds, will be interesting to see what you find. I know things there are tough and the penalties are pretty steep for any drug related offenses and Cuban prison is not a place anyone would want to spend any time.

7rayos

Yeaaah, nice to hear that Edelephant. The cuban guy who trusted me with the seeds is an ex-resident of Old Havana and he explained that it wasn't that often they came through the criolla, but still he managed to get these beans out of the country. His brother is the student that gave them to him. By the way he explained the kind of high i suspected a pure sativa. Let's see how they behave in east southern Spain and its sub-tropical climate.
I've never been in Cuba myself, Herby, although several people i know have been there and most of them managed to find someone to provide some bud, perhaps a bit easier because of the language or just being spanish, but again, no info of any sort with it. As for prisons in Cuba, i don't know, it must be hell on earth, but to me any prison answers to that definition.
Right, they'll go soaking next monday as soon as i'm back home, together with many other fancies i've got in line. See what comes out of it. Thanks very much for your replies.:character0025:

Latest posts

Top Bottom