Critical Jack, Blackwater, Chocolope, and Silvertip

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Farmers,

I decided to do a test grow in one of my tents. I am running 4 strains in a 4 x 4 tent under a 600w HPS. The medium is re-used coco with hydrotron on the bottom of 5" x 5" half-gallon pots. The nutes are Canna for half, and Botanicare for the other.

Canna nutes - Coco A & B, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, and PK13/14.
Botanicare nutes - PBP Bloom (soil), Liquid Karma, Silica Blast, Cal Mag + (up to week 4)
Other - CalMg+ from GO, Liquid Kool Bloom, Powdered Kool Bloom, Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed, molasses. AACT in week 2.

Plants are hand-watered daily to about 20% run off. Watering with a feed, feed, molasses and water schedule. I am finding that using synthetic nutes followed by a molasses flush is really helping to make for stickier and more fragrant buds.

Enough of that. Heres some pics.

Group2

The Critical Jack and Chocolope are along the sides and back, while the Blackwater and Silvertip are in the middle.

Here are some side by sides. Canna on the left and Botanicare on the right. Week 5.

Blackwater

Blackwater2

Chocolope

Choco1

Critical Jack

Criticaljack1

Silvertip

Silvertip1

The only deficiencies I see are in the Canna fed Critical Jack. She eats alot, and it seems Canna doesn't have enough N for her.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up.

I'll post results as the harvests go down.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

nice side by sides. i dont know which one i like better. looking forward to future updateZ.

sixstring

sixstring

nice lil comparison jack.are you running all the additives with both lines or just with the pbp?

souf69

souf69

Nice Jack! Looks like not much diff between the two. I bet these nute companies get a kick out of us growers, as I think all lineups are quite similar to each other with some producing more dankness give or take and some a little more bulk, but without proper environment conditions none will work right.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey souf69,

I think you are right about the nute companies. I have no loyalty to any of them.

I was really excited to try Canna and after 4 runs with it, I'm not that excited. I've used PBP in the past and was happy with the results. This was something to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm going to pick up some Jack's Classic soon. Then I'll probably do another side by side.

*Sigh* I might need help. Ha.

souf69

souf69

I was going to run canna myself, glad you did it for me. Is Jacks classic a complete lineup? I think I will stick with what I know. I get great results when my environment is good.

Kushwick

Kushwick

I'm subbing up for this 1 man.
I thought it was different coco you are using or is it both the butes and coco?

I'm using the a.n. 3 part with some additives from botanicare.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I was going to run canna myself, glad you did it for me. Is Jacks classic a complete lineup? I think I will stick with what I know. I get great results when my environment is good.

Don't get me wrong about Canna. It is a great product, and very easy to use. I don't even PH anymore.

Jack's Classic is also known as the Dynamic Duo. There is an all-purpose 20-20-20 and a 10-30-20 blossom booster. It is usually run with CalMag/CalNit, and/or Epsom salts depending on the medium. Some cats on another forum are just using Jack's with no additives at a rate of 1 tsp. per gallon and killing it. Check Sixstrings' grow on this forum for proof.

I hear ya man. It's good to stick with what you know. Good nutes are essential, but genetics are critical.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I'm subbing up for this 1 man.
I thought it was different coco you are using or is it both the butes and coco?

I'm using the a.n. 3 part with some additives from botanicare.

Hey Kushwick, I'm not sure I understand your question. I am using coco for all strains, but using 2 different nutes, Canna and Botanicare.

I've never used AN 3 part. What Botanicare additives are you using? I noticed a difference when I started using Liquid Karma again.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Yes, and what is really weird is that one looks better in person, and looks different/worse in pics.

The final tally will come down to weight and smoke.

I sure learned a lesson with that Silvertip. I cut it way to far down. Super frosty, but won't be getting much smoke from them. Good thing I have another Silvertip bush rockin' under a 1000w. When I break out that cured 'tip from my last run, it is time to relax. I don't have a choice, as it makes my legs all rubbery and pretty much shuts me down for about 15 min. Ha.

The Blackwater is blowin' up it's buds and I think Canna has the edge.

Interestingly, the Chocolope is starting to foxtail, and I hope she will be putting on more weight.

The critical Jack is just shining in there. Every day they add noticeable size to the buds and the scent is like flowers and melons. In person the PBP side looks better, but in pics they look about the same.

Thanks for looking.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Nice work, let us know how the taste comparison goes. Looks like canna has the upper hand a bit.

Top Bottom