Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 53
Day 15 of flower

(2 of the plants have moved home to my mates so theres 3 in my tent from here on out)

So day 53 now and 2weeks into flower and it's safe to say iv got pistils flying out all over the shop;) the girls have stretched so much in the last 14 days and the amount of tops is ridiculous, iv got easy 12-16 tops per plant all the same height as the main cola; ) also 2 of the girls have moved home, finally giving me more space in my tent;) so iv opened the plants by pulling all the tops out to the sides and hooking them there with heavy duty garden wire in order to expose all the insides of the plants, hopefully see some good results!! got
20150329 002200
20150329 002204
20150329 002209
some pics below, not the best pics as I was rushing but gives you an idea as to where I'm at ;)

Gary Host

Gary Host

You definitely can still get some clones from those plants. You'll need some root- gel or powder from your shop, 24h light cycle from a couple of fluorescent bulbs or tubes, won't need much intensity from the light just a constant light, and they will revert into vegetative state.

Just take 4 ~ 5 of the lower branches, this might also increase your yeild and quality anyways.

Have a glas of water with you, to place them in as you cut them of the plant.

Once you've selected a couple of branches, just fill up some smaller containers like plastic drinking glas or likewise sized container, with moist coco or peat.

Trim any big leafs on the clones to about half size, yes just cut the leafs fingers to half length.

Then make about a 45Âş angle cut with a razor to the stem, dip in your rooting solution gel or powder, then in to the small pots.

Keep them under 24h/day florescent light, after a couple of days they will start to form roots, after a week or two, they will be ready to go into either your big pots, or vegetative pots..

For vegetative room/tent you can use florescent bulbs or tubes, or the purpose CompactFlorescentLight 125w to 250w variety bulbs, with the blue light spectrum.

The special CFL bulbs might be slightly more expensive watt/buck but they are the correct spectrum, and easy to use with a single connection and reflector, compared to multiple 40w "standard" bulbs, which you need to manufacturere an installation for.
For cloning that's not any big problem, but for a vegging tent you might want the simplicity of a high watt CFL bulb. (or two)

Some people want to keep the cost at the absolute minimum and are handy, will build their own cfl rigs with multiple "standard" cfl bulbs.

Some people want to run MetalHalid HID lamps in veg..

What ever works for you. Growing is easy, just follow your gut, and google is your friend ;)

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

You definitely can still get some clones from those plants. You'll need some root- gel or powder from your shop, 24h light cycle from a couple of fluorescent bulbs or tubes, won't need much intensity from the light just a constant light, and they will revert into vegetative state.

Just take 4 ~ 5 of the lower branches, this might also increase your yeild and quality anyways.

Have a glas of water with you, to place them in as you cut them of the plant.

Once you've selected a couple of branches, just fill up some smaller containers like plastic drinking glas or likewise sized container, with moist coco or peat.

Trim any big leafs on the clones to about half size, yes just cut the leafs fingers to half length.

Then make about a 45Âş angle cut with a razor to the stem, dip in your rooting solution gel or powder, then in to the small pots.

Keep them under 24h/day florescent light, after a couple of days they will start to form roots, after a week or two, they will be ready to go into either your big pots, or vegetative pots..

For vegetative room/tent you can use florescent bulbs or tubes, or the purpose CompactFlorescentLight 125w to 250w variety bulbs, with the blue light spectrum.

The special CFL bulbs might be slightly more expensive watt/buck but they are the correct spectrum, and easy to use with a single connection and reflector, compared to multiple 40w "standard" bulbs, which you need to manufacturere an installation for.
For cloning that's not any big problem, but for a vegging tent you might want the simplicity of a high watt CFL bulb. (or two)

Some people want to keep the cost at the absolute minimum and are handy, will build their own cfl rigs with multiple "standard" cfl bulbs.

Some people want to run MetalHalid HID lamps in veg..

What ever works for you. Growing is easy, just follow your gut, and google is your friend ;)

Can't fault that mate, covered everything I needed to know;) il be definatly putting it all to practice, unfortunately this time round its not something I can accommodate as i simple dont have the time due to my wife being ill, shes been in hospital for 5 weeks already, that and the fact shes 12weeks pregnant;) Next grow tho il make sure i have everything I need ;) Cheers man you've given me something to step forward too, would love a perpetual garden but I'm miles away from that;) Googles going to be getting abused over the next few days il tell you that much lol !!

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 56
Day 18 of flower

Got the canna boost accelerator and pk13/14 today, gave em a foiler feed with the boost 2ml per litre and just drenched the plants 10 mins before lights on, never used it as a foiler feed before but iv heard some good results, il be adding it to the nute mix aswel but I only fed them yesterday so thought a foiler feed would just kick start the process a bit, adding pk13/14 for weeks 3 and 6 so we'll see wat happens.

Looking at the pic below, the 3 girls I kept for myself have made full use of the extra space, it just shows how squashed in they were, looking good tho and the flowers are really starting to form, il post some better pics tomorrow as I was rushing tonight so my apologies for that but
20150331 170748
20150330 235646
20150331 155537
so far so good!!!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey eskiiboy uk, Very sorry that your wife is in the hospital. My prayers go out to. Congrats on being a future father! Your girls are looking hungry. This stage is when they need the most nutes. If you keep growing you are going to want a small veg area. It doesn't take much space or light for sprouts and cuttings. I just use a 2 foot 4 bulb T5 in a closet. The key is keeping them warm.

Take care.

Reactions: Goz
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Hey eskiiboy uk, Very sorry that your wife is in the hospital. My prayers go out to. Congrats on being a future father! Your girls are looking hungry. This stage is when they need the most nutes. If you keep growing you are going to want a small veg area. It doesn't take much space or light for sprouts and cuttings. I just use a 2 foot 4 bulb T5 in a closet. The key is keeping them warm.

Take care.
Hi Orcaman thanks for the well wishes its much appreciated mate;)
as for the girls looking hungry, I started foilar feeding the boost 2 days ago now and can already see the results wen compared to the 2 I gave to my friend;) I'm going to be feeding them tomorrow with a nute mix of 4ml a+b(full strength as recommended on the bottle), 2ml boost and 1ml pk13/14 per litre of water, it's there first feed with the pk and boost so hoping it will do the trick;)
Il be looking into purchasing a t5 or a 150w cfl and all the other little bits I need as soon as things get back to normal, will definitely have everything I need in time for the next grow, lesson learnt this time !!! Cheers man

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 58
Day 20 of flower

Nothing much to report, started foilar feeding the girls the canna boost two days ago and after comparing them to the 2 I gave to my friend you can see a noticeable difference, flowers are forming nicely and after counting how many tops iv got I was surprised to count 39;) not bad for 3 plants, just shows LST works like a dream!!
Feeding them tomorrow and supplementing the boost and pk so hopefully see some good results over next few weeks... happy growing guys ;) pics below
20150403 000147
20150403 000200
20150403 000125
20150403 000109
20150403 000027
20150403 000019

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Screenshot 2015 04 05 23 21 53
Day 61
Day 23 of flower

Today is a good day people;) it seems the easter bunny has been and sprinkled the girls with a bit of frosting; ) first signs of thc and only on day 23, is that about right or is that the canna boost accelerator taking effect? Either way I'm loving this strain, it's a shame it's her only run but due to reasons stated in previous posts I simple can't accommodate it this time round. Anyway buds are forming nicely and the smell is out of this world;)

Pics below
20150405 223206
20150405 223038
20150405 190030
20150405 190001
20150405 185857
20150405 185218
20150405 185009
20150405 184958
20150405 184941

Gary Host

Gary Host

The look ready to takeoff !! Any reason you're foliar feeding them? You would want to start bringing the humidity down a bit now that they're entering mid-flower.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Iv been foilar feeding them with just the canna boost accelerator, it states on the bottle it can be used as a foilar feed up until week 5, I researched this and found a lot of people swearing by it, said it's like spraying steroids straight on the tops, works out cheaper to use that way aswel as it's not cheap at 20quid for a 250ml bottle. If you type in the thcfarmer search bar "canna boost foilar feed" you'll find pretty much wat I read.. my humidity wen lights on sits between 20%-30%, wen lights off its between 40%-50%, iv got good airflow within the tent so they dry out within 30 mins after spraying, il take your advice tho guys and stop with the foilar feeding and just concentrate on the roots;)

Orcaman

Orcaman

I've been researching your Canna Boost and found this. CANNABOOST can also be used as a foliar spray. The advantage of this is that the plant can absorb this flowering stimulant directly through the leaves. Apply at the start of blooming phase (usually 1 to 3 weeks after flower initiation) They emphasize to only apply to the leaves as a foliar. I prefer to only use foliar spays in veg. I believe that the trichomes are healthier absorbing from the inside out. There are a lot of great feeding products out there, but none will work like magic. They are over stating like most. Your humidity levels are fine for your tent and not a worry.:) How is your buddy doing with the other two girls?

Last edited:
Gary Host

Gary Host

eskii if you wish to experiment with foliar feeding, then you should do so. I've tried it and never seen any benefit to be honest. The debate will be that in closed pots the roots can circle and become less efficient as they fill up the pot, so feeding through the leaves could be beneficial for the plants growth. Another thing is if you have root rot, then the roots will have issues to take up nutrients, and foliar feeding can be introduced while battling the rot.

I don't foliar feed plants at all anymore. My conclusion for this is as follows, first off if you have large enough pots or use Air-pots, your roots wont root bound. Second thing that speak against foliar feeding in bloom, is stimulating bud-rot. Third thing that adds to my conclusion is, trichome production is actually the plants self defense mechanism against pests and UV light spectrums. Tests done by Department of Botany, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA USDA-ARS, Southern Weed Science Laboratory, P.O. Box 350, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA USDA-ARS, Weed Science Laboratory, AEQ. I, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
and published in high times magazine shows that increase of UV-B light enhance delta9 thc production up to 28%

Spraying the plants with nutrients or boosters might decrease the self defense mechanism in the plants, although this is just me speculating, but I've grown Marijuana for more than 15 years, and none of the other growers that I know, or know of, uses foliar feeding during the flowering period either.

Only reason for you to foliar feed would be because your roots was getting rootbound, invest in some Air-pots or growbags, alternatively fabricate your own version. This directly prevent any issues of nutrients not being taken up as fast due to rootbound issues.

Foliar feeding is not a "booster" in any way, nor is it a optimal way to feed the plants. The nutrient uptake done in foliar feeding, can be done, but you're kind of forcing the plants and limiting the air exchange needed for proper completion of the calvin cycle of photosynthetic growth. Because when you foliar feed your plants they are taking up nutrients through the stomata were normally the air exchange happens

stoma_diagram.gif

Foliar feeding does work, but is in no way optimal, it's like for you and me to eat soup through our noses, I'm sure it can be done, but why not just eat the soup through our mouths like nature designed us to?

dayday

dayday

Premium Member
Supporter
Subscribed
Hi bro from the UK ;), your CK are looking good bro, they're next in my room along with some cheese and super shark...

dayday

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

I've been researching your Canna Boost and found this. CANNABOOST can also be used as a foliar spray. The advantage of this is that the plant can absorb this flowering stimulant directly through the leaves. Apply at the start of blooming phase (usually 1 to 3 weeks after flower initiation) They emphasize to only apply to the leaves as a foliar. I prefer to only use foliar spays in veg. I believe that the trichomes are healthier absorbing from the inside out. There are a lot of great feeding products out there, but none will work like magic. They are over stating like most. Your humidity levels are fine for your tent and not a worry.:) How is your buddy doing with the other two girls?
Cheers man, well after reading a bit more on the subject myself I came to the same conclusion, it definitely has its benefits as you've stated but only during the correct stages of the plants life, I do rate the canna boost tho especially when sided with the pk13/14, i say that because after keeping a close eye on the 2 girls I gave to my friend, basically weve been on an equal par for the past 2 weeks and then I sprayed my girls with boost and added both the boost and pk to my nute mix and let's just say my flowers are nearly twice the size!! we have the same temps/humidity, same bulb and ballast and iv been monitoring the feeds, so environments are pretty much identical ;) if you've never used them before I'd definitely suggest doing a little side by side so you can see for yourself.
I keep meaning to check out some of your threads ;) you give out some good advice I bet you're plants look awesome; )

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

eskii if you wish to experiment with foliar feeding, then you should do so. I've tried it and never seen any benefit to be honest. The debate will be that in closed pots the roots can circle and become less efficient as they fill up the pot, so feeding through the leaves could be beneficial for the plants growth. Another thing is if you have root rot, then the roots will have issues to take up nutrients, and foliar feeding can be introduced while battling the rot.

I don't foliar feed plants at all anymore. My conclusion for this is as follows, first off if you have large enough pots or use Air-pots, your roots wont root bound. Second thing that speak against foliar feeding in bloom, is stimulating bud-rot. Third thing that adds to my conclusion is, trichome production is actually the plants self defense mechanism against pests and UV light spectrums. Tests done by Department of Botany, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA USDA-ARS, Southern Weed Science Laboratory, P.O. Box 350, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA USDA-ARS, Weed Science Laboratory, AEQ. I, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
and published in high times magazine shows that increase of UV-B light enhance delta9 thc production up to 28%

Spraying the plants with nutrients or boosters might decrease the self defense mechanism in the plants, although this is just me speculating, but I've grown Marijuana for more than 15 years, and none of the other growers that I know, or know of, uses foliar feeding during the flowering period either.

Only reason for you to foliar feed would be because your roots was getting rootbound, invest in some Air-pots or growbags, alternatively fabricate your own version. This directly prevent any issues of nutrients not being taken up as fast due to rootbound issues.

Foliar feeding is not a "booster" in any way, nor is it a optimal way to feed the plants. The nutrient uptake done in foliar feeding, can be done, but you're kind of forcing the plants and limiting the air exchange needed for proper completion of the calvin cycle of photosynthetic growth. Because when you foliar feed your plants they are taking up nutrients through the stomata were normally the air exchange happens

stoma_diagram.gif

Foliar feeding does work, but is in no way optimal, it's like for you and me to eat soup through our noses, I'm sure it can be done, but why not just eat the soup through our mouths like nature designed us to?

And this is why I love this site;) so many growers looking out for one another, offering quality tried and tested advice and info that in my book is priceless; )

Awesome post man very informative, it's mad how the science of the plant actually works wen you start to read up on it all, it's a bit over my head atm but the more I read the more I understand obviously ; ) cheers gary mate

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

It's all taking off in there mate enjoy the next few weeks fella ;-)

GOZ

;) can't wait Goz, they smell so sweet, smells just like something I had in amsterdam the other month and I can't remember wat it is, skywalker kush or something I think, must be the kush saying that lol ;)

Top Bottom