Critical Mass Lower Leaves Yellowing & Dying

• Thread starter Quokka420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quokka420

Quokka420

Running 6 x autoflowers in Autopots with 70/30 coco perlite. Canna Coco A&B and a little silica. EC is 1.5 & pH 5.8-5.9. Temps 26-14c, humidity 40-60%. Almost 9 weeks from sprout.
The plant in question (Critical Mass) started showing a yellowing of the leaves with occasional brown blotches almost a week ago. It is sharing the twin Autopot with another Critical Mass which is not showing any of these signs at all. The other 4 plants are super happy.
I flushed with 7 litres of a very weak nutrient solution a couple of days ago but it has had little or no effect. Please help.
Critical mass lower leaves yellowing  dying
Critical mass lower leaves yellowing  dying 2
Critical mass lower leaves yellowing  dying 3
Critical mass lower leaves yellowing  dying 4

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

First I'd say 6 seeds equals 6 different plants. Genetically very similar I'm sure, but they arent clones. That being said some differences in nutrient needs could arise easily.

Breeders grow many seeds of the same plant selecting only a few, trying to isolate those genetic variations moving forward.

Yellowing of the older sun leaves is also normal during flowering, maybe that one plant is using up its stored nitrogen faster than the others?

This isnt exactly an answer, just food for thought. In my opinion, I wouldn't be upset about it yet. I'd let it be if all the others seem fine. Hope I helped a little.
-Ben

Quokka420

Quokka420

First I'd say 6 seeds equals 6 different plants. Genetically very similar I'm sure, but they arent clones. That being said some differences in nutrient needs could arise easily.

Breeders grow many seeds of the same plant selecting only a few, trying to isolate those genetic variations moving forward.

Yellowing of the older sun leaves is also normal during flowering, maybe that one plant is using up its stored nitrogen faster than the others?

This isnt exactly an answer, just food for thought. In my opinion, I wouldn't be upset about it yet. I'd let it be if all the others seem fine. Hope I helped a little.
-Ben
Appreciate the comments Ben. I’ve put this issue on a few different forums and had no responses except for yours haha. I think your suggestion of just see how it goes is the only choice I have. Hopefully it will get some decent bud growth before it eats itself to death. I try to be very scientific with my approach to growing and not having an explanation really does my head in 🙄
I’ll update in a week or two for anyone who’s interested, peace.

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Appreciate the comments Ben. I’ve put this issue on a few different forums and had no responses except for yours haha. I think your suggestion of just see how it goes is the only choice I have. Hopefully it will get some decent bud growth before it eats itself to death. I try to be very scientific with my approach to growing and not having an explanation really does my head in 🙄
For sure keep me posted 👍. I think you'll be ok.

Quokka420

Quokka420

C109F88A 0C60 40BA 8F67 F01E164386DC

Update, she's still growing & stacking buds. Perhaps not as well as the other Critical Mass in the same tray but still solid. Looks like she'll last till chop so I'm not too worried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom