critique my first crop/trim please, heres some pics and some questions.

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well. Grow 2 is done. And it’s total dogshit compared to grow 1 for some reason despite me upgrading lights, and nutrients for grow 2.

I did defoliate and do more LST for grow 2 though.

both vegged for 2 months.

this second grow here I’m looking at half the yields under a way better light. Wow. Wtf.

grow 1 I was getting 350-500g wet bud. I re vegged two of these plants and re grew them in grow 2

grow 2 I’m getting 70-250g wet bud. Sad. (I’ve only trimmed 3/6).
Can you list every single change? I'm going to guess nutrients or adding some new additives. Also did time of year change? Affecting temps/humidity?

Watering practices or media?

Different strains?

CF89

CF89

Grow 1 was primitive and sucked. The only advantage it had was I started grow 1 from clones. In shitty plastic buckets, with shitty viparspectra va2000 blurple light. And only the basic GH line (3/11 nutes). Got 3.5 oz avg. no exhaust fan. Humidity was high. Got a little bud rot. Oops.

grow 2 was a bit of upgrading. Went to a kingbrite 480 quantum board light. The entire GH line (11/11 nutes). 5 gallon fabric pots. And I got an exhaust fan this time. Started from seed though and did lots of training/defoliation. Maybe that’s what screwed me. Also a diff strain. I waited till pots were dry and watered to runoff.

I re vegged two of the plants too. Only chopped one so far but even it’s yields are way smaller and it stated with an 4 month established root system whereas the others were from seed and had a lot of catching up to do.

next grow will be less defoliation and a screen of green for sure.

7CB99752 115F 4C6B AE8B 51BE5880BA26
4DE61523 C516 4221 A9F5 91D53C263C22
C646EEFF 6485 4B3A 93D9 888422B5C8ED
403E8D93 D223 4742 9BED D43413781B34
B22EAC53 909F 4173 892A D27B66B6B87E
CF89

CF89

another small change. I changed from the GH recirculating feed chart to the drain to waste. so im basically using only half the amount of nutrients it seems. AND I defoliated a lot. could that be why my yields were so pathetic? I was told the recirculating schedule is too strong.... despite my first grow being totally fine with it.

the one aphid affected plant had 220g of larf on it and only 75g worth of bud. last plants had 300-500g of wet bud.

CF89

CF89

not impressed.

first grow was 3 plants. 11oz. I averaged 3.5oz per plant.

second grow was 6 plants, with upgrades. I figured 5 oz per plant for a total of around 30 oz this time. not even close!!!!! ill be lucky to get 10-15oz this grow off 6 plants with a 2 month veg period. pathetic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

another small change. I changed from the GH recirculating feed chart to the drain to waste. so im basically using only half the amount of nutrients it seems. AND I defoliated a lot. could that be why my yields were so pathetic? I was told the recirculating schedule is too strong.... despite my first grow being totally fine with it.

the one aphid affected plant had 220g of larf on it and only 75g worth of bud. last plants had 300-500g of wet bud.

Thats a lot of changes... imho go back to basics. Use the gh 3 part and maybe silica and cal mag. Possibly a terp booster but I just use mag sulfate for that.

Defoliatie if needed and lollipop.

Concentrate on a good environment.

All these gimmicks in a bottle are not needed and do more harm than good usually.

Bugs can severely resuce yield... it comes down to growing a stress free plant. The harder you drive them with light the more dialed in you need to be.

CF89

CF89

maybe I lollipopped and defoliated too much too late?

maybe it is all genetics?

maybe my LST was bad?

maybe it was the nutes?

maybe it was the aphids?

ive only chopped 3/6 plants. ill report back tonight when theyre all done. 2 of the plants I did were bad with aphids. I dont think the other 4 got hit by them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

maybe I lollipopped and defoliated too much too late?

maybe it is all genetics?

maybe my LST was bad?

maybe it was the nutes?

maybe it was the aphids?

ive only chopped 3/6 plants. ill report back tonight when theyre all done. 2 of the plants I did were bad with aphids. I dont think the other 4 got hit by them.
Or a combination of all?

CF89

CF89

Interesting. Definitely don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

excited to try screen of green next time and not defoliate so much

Latest posts

Top Bottom