Critique my nute schedule please

• Thread starter TF2828
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TF2828

TF2828

Ok so I'm in ocean forest soil in 3 gallon cloth bags. Veg went beautifully and then started to have problems in 3rd week of flower. Found out my Hanna combo pen went bad and was making ph nutes/water in the high 7's. So I'm assuming that was my problem. But it got me thinking about my current nute mix.

(Problems were brown spots on the largest top fan leaves, not positive but I believe it was due to lockout. Runoff tests were very high 7's ph over 3e.c. and 1500ppm)

I'm under leds without co2. Currently I'm running the ocean forest for the first 20-30 days of veg then start feeding half strength jacks 321. I switch to full strength at the start of flower (3.6 jacks 2.4 calnit 1.2 epsom) and feed every 6-10 days plus recharge every 10 days.

I'm not running and other supplements or cal-mag on the plain watering days. Typically it's 2 plain waterings in-between feed.

Does that sound reasonable or should I be adding other things to that. This is my first run with jacks in soil so I have nothing to compare it to. I understand every grow is different but any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nateygg

Nateygg

Im not familiar with the line u use but when i use heavy 16 i do water feeds once every 2 weeks and just go full nutes on 90% of flower schedule. Works everytime. Not to mention my ppms gets up to 2400 😅. No nute lock ever. Also i recommend getting ur co2 up asap it increases ur yield drastically. Also id get the ph down to around 6.1.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you add Recharge to your soil before planting, you will be able to use less jacks, and less often.
Soil is food in a non-eatable form. When you grow in soil, all you really have to do is convert it to food.
That is accomplished by adding MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) to the soil. If you add commercial food, you can very easily overfeed your plants.

TF2828

TF2828

Ah I see, I have noticed my ec and ppm's climbing since I've incorporated the recharge.

I hadn't considered the recharge breaking the soil down further and making an excess of food with the jacks. So would you recommend dropping the recharge in soil when using jacks?
If you add Recharge to your soil before planting, you will be able to use less jacks, and less often.
Soil is food in a non-eatable form. When you grow in soil, all you really have to do is convert it to food.
That is accomplished by adding MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) to the soil. If you add commercial food, you can very easily overfeed your plants.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ah I see, I have noticed my ec and ppm's climbing since I've incorporated the recharge.

I hadn't considered the recharge breaking the soil down further and making an excess of food with the jacks. So would you recommend dropping the recharge in soil when using jacks?
Use the Jacks to lightly supplement instead. At least for the rest of this grow.
The only thing I add other than Recharge (and I haven't done it yet, I have to finish this grow first to get the grow result)
is Stick Icky from DaKine420. It's an enzyme treatment to promote trich production.

Top Bottom