Critters prefer GDP over 5 other strains!

• Thread starter balconyfun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

balconyfun

So I've had my girls out on the balcony for approaching 11 weeks now... I've checked them all along and never saw any bugs on any of them. I chopped down 4 of them over the last 2 weeks with no worries. Last week I noticed Grand Daddy Purple had a few bugs on a leaf, but I was like whatever, I'm chopping her down soon so no worries.

Today I take her inside and start chopping... and the bitch is INFESTED! I can't believe I never saw any signs.. none of the leaves have the spotted look like I've seen in the past. I ended up just trashing maybe 1/3 of the plant (the lower part) because it just seemed like there was no getting rid of them.

The good news is the upper colas and buds turned out ok... and at least I got to keep the part that actually turned purple LOL... the bugs were mostly on the fan leaves with just some on sugar leaves, so I vigorously brushed them off and inspected them pretty good after I trimmed.

I have the bud drying and it's quarantined away from the other bud that's drying also, but is there anything I should do to them to make sure I'm not sparking up dead bugs? And I mean even if I do that, I think I'll be ok.

It's so weird the bugs avoided Larry OG, Madman OG, LA Woman, and Bubba and swarmed on the GDP. They girls were literally touching each other on the balcony, so why didn't they move on to the others? I still have a Sour Kush out there and checked her out, and did not find a single bug!

Nature's weird. But good to smoke!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bugs, especially moths/butterflies seem to like purples more

B

balconyfun

good to know.. unfortunately she's one of the 3 strains I was able to clone, and after seeing the mess she turned into, I don't think going to run this one again...

Top Bottom