Cross breeding question

• Thread starter BunkerBSMNT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Hey guys so I have a breeding question that I can't really find an answer to in any of my books or online. My next grow will be in a few months after my current one finishes and I'm going goto do a breeding project.
The strains I have to do this are
A = Tropicanna Banana
B= Candy Rain #33

My question is should I strive to get pollen from a male of both strains and pollinate some bud on the best females of each? Does it matter which plant you get the polling from in terms of how the genetics mix?

bunkerking

bunkerking

*shrugs* Chuck some pollen. Just pick out the best male and best female to make seeds with.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys so I have a breeding question that I can't really find an answer to in any of my books or online. My next grow will be in a few months after my current one finishes and I'm going goto do a breeding project.
The strains I have to do this are
A = Tropicanna Banana
B= Candy Rain #33

My question is should I strive to get pollen from a male of both strains and pollinate some bud on the best females of each? Does it matter which plant you get the polling from in terms of how the genetics mix?
little bit more complicated than that,but answer is doesnt matter,i shoot for better genetics like traits other than just a name of the strain,a really great stud helps,i can pretty much plant and go threw about 50 males to find what im looking for or it could be the first male if you dig,females are important too,but i dont just pollinate with qtip and such,i put my stud in with the girls in a 2x4x5 tent,put on my back porch and close every thing up in the tent,only thing in there other than the plants is a fan to spread pollen and keep the plants cool,i close it up and reach threw the 4in hole on side of tent and shake the male,the fan spreads the pollen,wait 24 hrs ,do it one more time to make sure it is all pollenated,after 48 hours in the dark ,i open tent and take females and first wash the soil like make sure it is very wet,then i take a squirt bottle and turn the girls upside down and drench the shit out of the leaves,flip over and do top side,drench the shit out of um,then i have a ceiling fan i sit them under and let them completly dry,once dry repeat process,the thing is once the pollen has got wet it is no longer good,your giving them girls a good bath once you do and all the leaves have dried natuarlly stick them right back in the flower room.
thats how i breed the plants and have never had any issues once returned to the flower room

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

little bit more complicated than that,but answer is doesnt matter,i shoot for better genetics like traits other than just a name of the strain,a really great stud helps,i can pretty much plant and go threw about 50 males to find what im looking for or it could be the first male if you dig,females are important too,but i dont just pollinate with qtip and such,i put my stud in with the girls in a 2x4x5 tent,put on my back porch and close every thing up in the tent,only thing in there other than the plants is a fan to spread pollen and keep the plants cool,i close it up and reach threw the 4in hole on side of tent and shake the male,the fan spreads the pollen,wait 24 hrs ,do it one more time to make sure it is all pollenated,after 48 hours in the dark ,i open tent and take females and first wash the soil like make sure it is very wet,then i take a squirt bottle and turn the girls upside down and drench the shit out of the leaves,flip over and do top side,drench the shit out of um,then i have a ceiling fan i sit them under and let them completly dry,once dry repeat process,the thing is once the pollen has got wet it is no longer good,your giving them girls a good bath once you do and all the leaves have dried natuarlly stick them right back in the flower room.
thats how i breed the plants and have never had any issues once returned to the flower room
Thanks for the tips!

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

It doesn't matter withch you use for mom and witch is dad. Yiu will end up with about 50%mix 25% looking like mother and 25% looking like father.

On the other note. Thare is a myth that the offspring usually takes specifit traits of the mother.
I wish you all the Best!

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

It doesn't matter withch you use for mom and witch is dad. Yiu will end up with about 50%mix 25% looking like mother and 25% looking like father.

On the other note. Thare is a myth that the offspring usually takes specifit traits of the mother.
I wish you all the Best!
Thanks for the info

Top Bottom