Crossbreeding. How does it work

• Thread starter Oldmanbud50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dino70

Dino70

Internet bangers annoy tf out of me bro. I promise that cat wouldn't bring up anyone's sister in front of me irl. This has been a positive and inclusive community during my time here. Lotta great content and diverse bodies of thought discussed. We can all head to 4chan for crude ad hominem attacks.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Cut the shit in here. This is not the place for trolling and personal attacks.

By all means debate and discuss but keep it civil.

Thanks man.

OP: as to the original question - I think what people are trying to say is that feminized seeds are made by intentionally causing a healthy female plant to create pollen. When they do this it is usually done with plants that have been proven not to have a propensity for becoming herms. If one of your plants did herm and create the pollen responsible for those seeds you probably wont wanna grow them because you're growing seeds from plants known to herm. It's likely to happen again.

Dino70

Dino70

It's the plant world
Thanks man.

OP: as to the original question - I think what people are trying to say is that feminized seeds are made by intentionally causing a healthy female plant to create pollen. When they do this it is usually done with plants that have been proven not to have a propensity for becoming herms. If one of your plants did herm and create the pollen responsible for those seeds you probably wont wanna grow them because you're growing seeds from plants known to herm. It's likely to happen again.
NoTt fem seeds
Thanks man.

OP: as to the original question - I think what people are trying to say is that feminized seeds are made by intentionally causing a healthy female plant to create pollen. When they do this it is usually done with plants that have been proven not to have a propensity for becoming herms. If one of your plants did herm and create the pollen responsible for those seeds you probably wont wanna grow them because you're growing seeds from plants known to herm. It's likely to happen a
Thanks man.

Feminized seed is s not what cause Herms ur from the way it's grown all seeds can herm except the males
Cross breed is not making fem seeds making fem seeds is how to make the strain more stable and yes some strains you blow and they can herm if your grow is hermine then I don't know look at your grow

Dino70

Dino70

It's the plant world
Thanks man.

NoTt fem seeds
Thanks man.

OP: as to the original question - I think what people are trying to say is that feminized seeds are made by intentionally causing a healthy female plant to create pollen. When they do this it is usually done with plants that have been proven not to have a propensity for becoming herms. If one of your plants did herm and create the pollen responsible for those seeds you probably wont wanna grow them because you're
Internet bangers annoy tf out of me bro. I promise that cat wouldn't bring up anyone's sister in front of me irl. This has been a positive and inclusive community during my time here. Lotta great content and diverse bodies of thought discussed. We can all head to 4chan for crude ad hominem attacks.

growing seeds from plants known to herm. It's likely to happen a
Thanks man.

Any female can be sprayed and pollen be collected to make fem seeds the only way Herms are made by are you from grow errors.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

NoTt fem seeds

Feminized seed is s not what cause Herms ur from the way it's grown all seeds can herm except the males
Cross breed is not making fem seeds making fem seeds is how to make the strain more stable and yes some strains you blow and they can herm if your grow is hermine then I don't know look at your grow

I must be misunderstanding your post. I thought you were asking about some seeds you got out of your flower tent, indicating a herm or nanner somewhere in your grow.

Good luck bro. ✌

Dino70

Dino70

NoTt fem seeds

Thanks man.

[/Q

Dino70

Dino70

So iam doing my second grow and have 3 little seedling.. My question would be if I did choc mint og. And it had a few seeds about 10 off 3 plants. And I had a blue cookies. Which I found 5 seeds. Off whole plant. Have I cross bred. And would the seed be a mix of both strains. Surely its not that easy.. Ty. And happy growing
Ok it' can work with any strain but some are related and care close phenos to and they can be breed and some strains might not catch the old school strains where good lines way back now they are over breed to have if you have a male and breed to a female then the offsprings will be some of both parents and with ten seeds to have the strain e stable you would need.a few runs and about 100 seeds see what happens if with the male plant you can not see the phonetypes but on the females you can see the flower and smoke it now if you just have a few and you want to try some breeding well not saying it won't work some seeds don't show there phenos tell later like maybe 10 generations down the road and show up in the middle of your grow backcrossing is you take a offspring and breed it back to with a parent plant
It's a lot more than just that all females can herm it has nothing to do with the breed what so ever it genes in the female plant and some growers the way they grow stress out the plant and it Herms and then they run around saying it ts the breeder feminized seeds where created so that exact be grows didn't have to pick out the males in there grows when the where developed by
I think you're something different and special, Chad.
[/QUOT
I think you're something different and special, Chad.
[/QUOTE
When you harvest all female plants and get just a handful of seeds at the end with no males in the mix chances are those seeds are S1. Its possible that the seeds came from hermie but if you are watching your crop carefully and see no banners then its probably S1. This means that the mother plant (In a last ditch attempt to pass on their genetics) will create a "clone seed" or a feminized seed that is a close copy to the mother. The S1 seeds are expensive thats what the breeders sell as Feminized seeds. Notice I said close copy, they are not always exactly the same as the mother but usually dam close. This is the reason why PR1 mentioned that Champagne grow with all the female seeds that actually ended up being really good. That is very common I save all my seeds especially if I think they are S1 feminized. I always pop my bagseeds fellas and Im gonna be honest RARELY do I have hermie issues. I have done some home breeding with autos before and I did have some hermie issues with a few crosses (primarily the sativa leaning autos) so I tossed those specific seed runs. All the other auto crosses during that same breeding project came out great. What I am saying is don't automatically assume that bagseeds are bad and they will Herm. Thats not true bagseeds are absolutely 100% worth giving a try. Newer high THC designer strains are more susceptible to it you just have to know what you have and give it a try.
Yes

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

It's like breeding dogs as long as you can look at the parents to see what genes your looking for then thats what you aim for and you can back breed with as little as 10 plant count u use 1/64 if a gram of pollen to make 3000seeds so you can find phenotypes within as little as 2 plants but if there male/female then your gene pool is quite a bit bigger that if the 2 plants where females I've been breeding for awhile and I don't use a big plant count and still can achieve good genetics as long as you do in to have we cross contamination and you keep things clean
So if I do the seeds from the plants. I will be OK. There was no male no pollen sacks just think it was the plant pushing its genetic on. Well that's my understanding. I cud be wrong. The bud it's self was amazing. Iv popped 5 seeds upto now n are in the grow tent. Ty for ya response

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

When you harvest all female plants and get just a handful of seeds at the end with no males in the mix chances are those seeds are S1. Its possible that the seeds came from hermie but if you are watching your crop carefully and see no banners then its probably S1. This means that the mother plant (In a last ditch attempt to pass on their genetics) will create a "clone seed" or a feminized seed that is a close copy to the mother. The S1 seeds are expensive thats what the breeders sell as Feminized seeds. Notice I said close copy, they are not always exactly the same as the mother but usually dam close. This is the reason why PR1 mentioned that Champagne grow with all the female seeds that actually ended up being really good. That is very common I save all my seeds especially if I think they are S1 feminized. I always pop my bagseeds fellas and Im gonna be honest RARELY do I have hermie issues. I have done some home breeding with autos before and I did have some hermie issues with a few crosses (primarily the sativa leaning autos) so I tossed those specific seed runs. All the other auto crosses during that same breeding project came out great. What I am saying is don't automatically assume that bagseeds are bad and they will Herm. Thats not true bagseeds are absolutely 100% worth giving a try. Newer high THC designer strains are more susceptible to it you just have to know what you have and give it a try.
The seeds I originally started with were bagseed but I knew what stain it was as I'd bought a 3.5 and it had 2 seeds. Same with the others don't always find seeds but wen I do iam not that bothered lol. So know I had 2 200% mint choc og. A blue cookies.. Glad I started this chat as 8sm learning a lot N1 RR

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

NoTt fem seeds

Defo no males no pollution. Checked daily. And iam not after cross breeding. New to the game so the original question myt p ppl off. Because they get on the high horse. Thinking iam trying to breed them. But iam not just wondered if both some how popped a few seeds would them seeds be or have triats of each other. I know now that not to be true and its possible due to genetics. The plants last ditch attempt to pass on her genes. But ty for info. M8

Latest posts

Top Bottom