Crude Oil to Tincture

• Thread starter BlackBriar7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Hello,

I did an extraction on some flower and other plant material and now have a Crude Oil after burning off all the Isopropyl I used. I want to turn it into a tincture and got 190 proof grain alcohol to mix it into but some of the crude oil isn't liquifying and mixing into the alcohol and is instead staying in a molasses like clump. Any thoughts or suggestions to get it back into a liquid state?

Crude oil to tincture

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I just may require a lot of mixing to dissolve the mass
Can I ask why you did not use the 190 for the extraction, I use everclear and it does a great job
IMG 20201012 140026
IMG 20201012 140711

Psychedelic Sam at grass city has a tincture thread pinned to the top of the edibles section, if it doesn't dissolve check with him, he is the tincture repair and recovery guru

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

I just may require a lot of mixing to dissolve the mass
Can I ask why you did not use the 190 for the extraction, I use everclear and it does a great job

Psychedelic Sam at grass city has a tincture thread pinned to the top of the edibles section, if it doesn't dissolve check with him, he is the tincture repair and recovery guru

I got the isopropyl for free and I didn't find out I wanted to make a tincture until after all of this happened, otherwise I would have... lesson learned. lol

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I got the isopropyl for free and I didn't find out I wanted to make a tincture until after all of this happened, otherwise I would have... lesson learned. lol
If you could report your results
Curious how the oil mass dissolves
No plant material besides the usual waxes and lipids etc. from the extraction?

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Ok, so what I ended up doing was putting the 190 proof alcohol in the coffee pot and letting it sit a few days. I was going to distill it again but decided not to. Instead, I just ran the concoction through coffee filters another 2 times and got a lot of stuff out of it. So now I have a 190 proof tincture but it's still the color of coffee. I never did put it outside and let it sit for a few hours to kill the chlorophyll so maybe that's why it's as dark as a Guinness...

I just tried the first droplet of it under my tongue a few minutes ago. It burnt like the fiery depths of hell. I'm interested to see if there are any positive effects...

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Doesn't sunlight degrade thc, or is it not exposed enough to make a difference?
If you did not freeze during the extraction then you probably pulled a lot of "stuff" out your material
If you ever get a chance I would like to read your observations from a straight ethanol extraction compared to the iso
I learn more from people's experience than an article in some magazine

Latest posts

Top Bottom