Cs Vs Cutting Edge?

• Thread starter gimp73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gimp73

gimp73

Has any one ran cutting edge ? If so how did you like it? I am running cs and seem to get to much nitrogen even if I run very low ppm's with ro.

S

Seed Buyer

I am playing with the Cutting edge but only with tomatoes and peppers. I am seeing much less salt build up then the GH 3 part, but with that said I prefer 2 parts.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Love cutting edge. Tried everything from Canna to General Hydro and I have to say it's the best nutrients I've used. Currently only using their 3 part system (only micro and bloom needed for flower)

The price is also one of the lowest out there and performed better than Advanced nutrients and Canna. Plants look healthier, less stressed and can't remember the last time I burnt my plants.

G

gonnagro

Have tried AN, H&G, GPN, DynaG, and Cutting Edge, (not in this order, CE was my second grow in a Waterfarm) and to date my best was Cutting Edge. If I didn't have so many nutes just lying around I would just use Cutting Edge, it just works. Uncle John's blend is good stuff. You should add it.

gimp73

gimp73

Love cutting edge. Tried everything from Canna to General Hydro and I have to say it's the best nutrients I've used. Currently only using their 3 part system (only micro and bloom needed for flower)

The price is also one of the lowest out there and performed better than Advanced nutrients and Canna. Plants look healthier, less stressed and can't remember the last time I burnt my plants.

Thanks for the reply. Are you using RO? Are you using cal mag or just micro and bloom.?

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Thanks for the reply. Are you using RO? Are you using cal mag or just micro and bloom.?

I'm running RO at the moment and I'm not using cutting edge's Cal Mag. CE's Cal Mag are separate formulas with additional additives from what I understand. I've just been sticking with General Hydroponics Cal Mag formula but only because I'm still sitting on 2x of their 6 gallon buckets.
Their Cal Mag formula is supposed to be great for plants, organic with great additives, but because if it's organic nature it supposedly gives a false * pH reading for the first 24+ hours.

If their additives are anywhere as good as their base, then it should be gold.

Also, using their Micro, bloom and Grow. Plants love it for veg too.

All 3 Hydro stores I use have given this product the Very highest reviews. Their micro, bloom and grow formula are some of the cheapest on the market, but * it's the BEST out there, in my opinion. Going to be switching to 100% Cutting Edge very soon with the addition of a Tea formula from High Times and florilicious plus from general hydroponics.

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Been using Cutting Edge for so long now I completely forgot two major benefits I've seen since moving on from other nutrient lines.

1st: What's salt build up? I moved to CE about 2.5 years ago and I there hasn't been salt build in ages along with burning. The only time I've had nutrient burn in the last 2.5 years is from silica folliar spray from General Hydro.

2nd: Taste as immensely improved. The first nutrient line I used years ago was General Hydroponics. I remember that even after 7+ days of flushing there was still this slight dirty taste to it. That same taste existed with several other nutrient lines I used in the past. Now with Cutting Edge there is zero nutrient taste with a 7 day flush. I could NEVER get rid of that taste before with any other nutrient line.

P

Pimples

I think...more often than not...yes. All the brands work. But new growers diss the brands they first started with because they fukt up in sone way. Then settle on a brand they crank out a half ass decent and smokable crop with. Then get on the forums and poo poo and praise brands...confusing the shit outta the matter. When all along the brand they started with was perfectly fine.

P

Pimples

Even if they dont screw up a crop...you become a better grower with successive crops...period. And chalk it up to nute brand...and its more than likely not the case at all. Its just that growers become better and better.

JMcG

JMcG

Any current info on CE nutrients? Thinking of a switch from GH to these guys.... for UC of course.

G

gonnagro

What info are you looking for? They are still a good reasonably priced nute company.

JMcG

JMcG

I am wondering if there are any current grows out there using this. Hopefully RDWC or UC growers. I am looking for info on increased or decreased yields, ease of use, tendency towards burn etc...
Looking to get away from GH and Lucas... bored with it. Looking for a new nute regimen that works specifically in UC.
Would entertain Current Cultures CS line too I suppose...

P

Pimples

I am wondering if there are any current grows out there using this. Hopefully RDWC or UC growers. I am looking for info on increased or decreased yields, ease of use, tendency towards burn etc...
Looking to get away from GH and Lucas... bored with it. Looking for a new nute regimen that works specifically in UC.
Would entertain Current Cultures CS line too I suppose...
In my experience a boring nute line is the keeper. Mixing nutes should be dead simple..effective...and..well...a nuisance really. When i always "play" with expensive and overly complicated nute brands i almost always run into trouble. I quit all that shit years ago.

G

gonnagro

In my experience a boring nute line is the keeper. Mixing nutes should be dead simple..effective...and..well...a nuisance really. When i always "play" with expensive and overly complicated nute brands i almost always run into trouble. I quit all that shit years ago.

+1

JMcG

JMcG

Sorry, bored was the wrong term. I am definitely not looking to over complicate things.
Let's put it this way... I am not thrilled with the results I have been seeing with my current GH feeding schedule. While I have used them over and over ( and then some )for years in soil as well as other forms of hydro with what I would classsify as decent results.
Here's the deal too... I used to consider myself to be only growing to about 80% of my ability. Providing for myself and my wife it was fine, I grew nice tasty meds. Two years ago I decided to see if I could sharpen my pencil a bit, get caught up on current practices and pay more attention to smaller details. After upgrading the DWC system to UC and running 4-5 grows I am getting there, but I am only moderately impressed with how the Lucas formula has been performing. Maybe it is the ratios I am using that are off, or some other form of used error, but after reading around a bit maybe the Lucas formula is sub par for UC...? I am sure some of you have it figured out.... I am also interested in floa duo by GH.
Feel like I have been dating my high school sweetheart and now that I'm older and more experienced I want to sleep around a bit:)

P

Pimples

Sorry, bored was the wrong term. I am definitely not looking to over complicate things.
Let's put it this way... I am not thrilled with the results I have been seeing with my current GH feeding schedule. While I have used them over and over ( and then some )for years in soil as well as other forms of hydro with what I would classsify as decent results.
Here's the deal too... I used to consider myself to be only growing to about 80% of my ability. Providing for myself and my wife it was fine, I grew nice tasty meds. Two years ago I decided to see if I could sharpen my pencil a bit, get caught up on current practices and pay more attention to smaller details. After upgrading the DWC system to UC and running 4-5 grows I am getting there, but I am only moderately impressed with how the Lucas formula has been performing. Maybe it is the ratios I am using that are off, or some other form of used error, but after reading around a bit maybe the Lucas formula is sub par for UC...? I am sure some of you have it figured out.... I am also interested in floa duo by GH.
Feel like I have been dating my high school sweetheart and now that I'm older and more experienced I want to sleep around a bit:)
Try Ionic grow and Bloom. And Europonic silicate as your only additive. Nothing else. Super simple and has everything your plants need to produce sticky potent giant buds. I know a couple of growers in dwc and uc systems that use just Ionic and the results are as good as anyone using multipart nutrient systems with a ton of additives. Actually to be honest...ionic seemed to produce a higher quality. Simple effective one part and super pH stable.

H

Highatollah

CS nutes are working well for me and are very PH stable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom