Cupboard grow: which LEDs?!

• Thread starter BigBang Bones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBang Bones

BigBang Bones

wet behind the ears about to attempt my very first medical grow: thinking of going coco or coco+mix in a 3' or 4' x 5' space, and am quite thrilled by the latest gen. of LEDs - heat management is a big problem as I be growing in a cupboard...

after some budget-conscious research it's down to Advanced DS or the hut's pro-grow: their sites reviews are all stellar (looks a bit suspicious, if ye ask!) although I havent seen a proper grow report on the performance of these babies...:oops:

*all the nay-sayers need not apply, as a medical user yelds are not my main priority: I'd like to hear from those who've actually grown with them lights.

thanks for a very informative forum!:)

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

Hey Bigbang,
I don't know much about the lights you mentioned, but I've run two grows now with LED's. The first was with a pro source 180w jumbo. It work ok, but I didnt seem to get as much resin production as I would have liked. I am currently about to finish up grow number 2 with my 357 Magnum+ and it's kicking some ass for sure. The potency is looking mighty fine as well as the size of the buds. You may want to get the smaller Magnum though, not the + model. I believe it's about a 700$ light...
Hope this helped.

Medijuana

Medijuana

Hey Bigbang,
I don't know much about the lights you mentioned, but I've run two grows now with LED's. The first was with a pro source 180w jumbo. It work ok, but I didnt seem to get as much resin production as I would have liked. I am currently about to finish up grow number 2 with my 357 Magnum+ and it's kicking some ass for sure. The potency is looking mighty fine as well as the size of the buds. You may want to get the smaller Magnum though, not the + model. I believe it's about a 700$ light...
Hope this helped.

I concur with sweettoothg. I am about to finish up my virgin grow with a 357Mag (regular, not plus), and my results look spectacular for a noob. Check out my grow journal (sig below links to it) for the garden details. I am VERY happy with the 357Mag.

BigBang Bones

BigBang Bones

thanks lads!

the 357 seems the good bet so far, but @ 800$ is a bit outa my budget (+pp to Europe... Kustoms...)

compared to the $545 of the Diamond Series 200w or $409 of the pro-grow 260 (180w) as i see...

and no, I DONT WORK FOR ANY O' DEM, only a confused noob on the wrong side of the pond with heat bein a problem for a stealth closet!

W

willy led wonka

The ds200 light isnt big enough to cover your area. I hate to be the one to dissappoint you. You need to get the ds400 that draws 360 watts off the wall to get what you are looking for. I have a friend who has their 2 of the ds400s and 4 of the extreme 360s. I,,,think the extremes work better than the ds. But he would prolly tell you different, as he is the one who spent all his money on those lights. So i would expect him to be a lil biased. He does also have 3 of the bs900s and is happy with those as well. I would look into the mag357, extreme 360, blackstar 500 for that area. The stealth grows work great also, check out K11ngs journal on here for those and some bs 900 pics. I have some posted in the cherry og thread under emerald triangle seed co. but they are the bigger 900 lights.

Top Bottom