Curing and Burping: I have questions

• Thread starter chelseamac27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I would jar it again and see what the RH is in the jar, after about an hour.
You don't think he should get RH around 45% - 50% before he rejars? The moisture at the core is going to pull through the crispy surface and rehydrate it. This way he doesn't need to be handling it so much move it back and forth?

2Bad

2Bad

So it depends what his room temp and humidity is I think Icepipe is airing on the side of caution if his dry parameters are off it could dry quickly. If there's alot of stems is another variable too imo the more stems the longer the dry.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I use a 4-level net to dry my smaller buds that are too many and too small to hang dry. I suspended my net system using a large fishing swivel and aimed a small fan off to one side but not directly on the nets so the whole net system is rotated by the fan for even drying. I also manually flip the branches daily to aid in even drying. Usually 4-5 days on nets is all it takes. Best thing about the net system is that 4 net levels gives you nearly 20 ft2 of drying surface. You can also dedicate a different plant for each level, assuming you have 4 plants. Love the nets❤️ Once dried buds go into jars with hygrometer but usually need minimal burping.

7F8025CA 4C49 4BCB 96D1 7557A76B4CCF
2Bad

2Bad

I use a 4-level net to dry my smaller buds that are too many and too small to hang dry. I suspended my net system using a large fishing swivel and aimed a small fan off to one side but not directly on the nets so the whole net system is rotated by the fan for even drying. I also manually flip the branches daily to aid in even drying. Usually 4-5 days on nets is all it takes. Best thing about the net system is that 4 net levels gives you nearly 20 ft2 of drying surface. You can also dedicate a different plant for each level, assuming you have 4 plants. Love the nets❤️ Once dried buds go into jars with hygrometer but usually need minimal burping.
Crazy i'll have to try a quick dry next time and compare it to my slow dry. Sincerely. Because most people say slow dry but seems like you know what you're doing from your profile. 👍

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I started with nets but didn’t like how they grab the buds. Less touchy is better in my mind. This is what I do now and I got it dialed in to a science.

13D5C18D 401F 4482 849B 47BEFC8D9FA0

B6B9135F 2BF1 4223 8379 CA11F510DC5D

steamroller

steamroller

A day in the bag will not make much difference IMO.
I would wait to see 50%- 55% myself. The plant is not done expiring so 50% should be more in a jar IMO.
Moe has it going on.... 👍
You thought you were done after you chopped? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Love the efficiency you have going with that dry system. Even dry surfaces for uniform drying. 👍

Were the racks expensive? Might incorporate this into my dry/cure system. Love the fact you can roll them around and move large quantities quickly without having to handle them.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Love the efficiency you have going with that dry system. Even dry surfaces for uniform drying. 👍

Were the racks expensive? Might incorporate this into my dry/cure system. Love the fact you can roll them around and move large quantities quickly without having to handle them.

They sell them in all sizes.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

They sell them in all sizes.
Not the cheapest but great idea. Maybe I can find some from a reseller that liquidates bakeries.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So you can roll 2 side by side into a cheap 4x4 rent with an ac infinity rh control system along with a cool low rh lung room and you can dial those buds in fast or slow. What I typically do is put the biggest buds at the bottom to get dry faster. The difference between the bottom and top can get significant when you first load it up wet. Pretty much full blast on the blower for the first couple days then it slows down. But you really want to get the majority of the water out quickly then slow it down to prevent any mold.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not the cheapest but great idea. Maybe I can find some from a reseller that liquidates bakeries.
Cost wasn’t my concern with this being able to accept 4pounds and dry it properly was. There was a time when I was harvesting that much every month and it became an issue.

You could probably steal the idea and do something with window screens from lowes and some insulation board. Maybe some duct tape.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Cost wasn’t my concern with this being able to accept 4pounds and dry it properly was. There was a time when I was harvesting that much every month and it became an issue.

You could probably steal the idea and do something with window screens from lowes and some insulation board. Maybe some duct tape.
No. If I do it I would do it exactly like you did. I like the pans you used. Clean. efficient.

C

chronic2

Too much harvest to worry about salvaging a few tiches and the plant rots burping it anshit? Too old style is me. Just hang to dry and take off the plant slowly off the clothes line or small cable across the garage or room. Drop the dry product in a large plastic tub. Then break the leave branches off in the container so any tiche drops in the tub to retrieve later. Way too much hidden in the bud.

Signed,
The Rot Retrievers Club

C

chelseamac27

So you burp until it gets below 60% humidity inside the jars, correct? What should the humidity get to (inside the jars) where I don’t really need to mess with it? Or what should the humidity start to be before I ease up on burping? I need help 😕

shaganja

shaganja

So you burp until it gets below 60% humidity inside the jars, correct? What should the humidity get to (inside the jars) where I don’t really need to mess with it? Or what should the humidity start to be before I ease up on burping? I need help 😕
Depends on preference. Bovada packs go as high as 62%. Its a real sticky nug. But flower doesnt burn as smooth imo. I prefer the 58% packs. Depends on what humidity you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom