Curing Fan Leaves for Cannacigars

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Has anyone tried doing this before? I really want to roll some pure cannabis cigars using fan leaves. I'm guessing I can just carefully cure with my buds or do fan leaves typically dry out way quicker?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Do it seperate. Treat it like tobacco if you can. Tobacco has a crazy fermentation process to break down ammonia and nicotine that involves 100-130° Temps and 70% rh for a month. Probably not necessary for what you're doing, but I would be thinking long and slow and moist if you can. And obviously the biggest widest leaves you can muster.

And gonna need a humidor just like cigars or they will dry out in a few hours at 50% rh.

Good luck and post results 👍

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Do it seperate. Treat it like tobacco if you can. Tobacco has a crazy fermentation process to break down ammonia and nicotine that involves 100-130° Temps and 70% rh for a month. Probably not necessary for what you're doing, but I would be thinking long and slow and moist if you can. And obviously the biggest widest leaves you can muster.

And gonna need a humidor just like cigars or they will dry out in a few hours at 50% rh.

Good luck and post results 👍
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense! I'm a ways away but I'll definitely post.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
How about placing fresh leaves on baking sheets/parchment paper, roll them up, cover in cling film and stick in the fridge?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
How about placing fresh leaves on baking sheets/parchment paper, roll them up, cover in cling film and stick in the fridge?
I would totally try this too but I'd be wary of the cling film and excess moisture 👍

I think the whole idea is to slow the process down as much as possible and cold is a great way to do that.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would totally try this too but I'd be wary of the cling film and excess moisture 👍

I think the whole idea is to slow the process down as much as possible and cold is a great way to do that.
Maybe just forget the cling film and keep the layers/roll of parchment paper a little tight with a rubber band.
I'll try a few ways this grow as I defoliate, great for making Thai Sticks as well (Which I hope to try and do sometime soon)

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Maybe just forget the cling film and keep the layers/roll of parchment paper a little tight with a rubber band.
I'll try a few ways this grow as I defoliate, great for making Thai Sticks as well (Which I hope to try and do sometime soon)
Cool idea 💡

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I wonder what fermenting the fan leaves like tobacco would do though 🤔

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I live in CT were a handfull of small farms still grow shade tobbaco, its the wrap for the worlds finest cigars called broad leaf, you can buy the cured leaf at a handfull of stores and people who smoke blunts or roll there own cigars buy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom