Curious about MMJ in Humboldt County

• Thread starter GreenManGrim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenManGrim

Hi I am new to these forums and would appreciate any help.

I have saved up a little money and was thinking of moving to cali, specifically Humboldt County to grow medical. Should I be worried about this area with the rippers, LE, etc. I would like to make my grow legal but I don't want that making me a target (I would also keep it well within the guidelines of 99 plants). I just want to make sure that I can move out there, pay my expenses, and enjoy my personally cared for bud. Is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind giving me some info?

Love the site and its knowledge base.
Grow On!

GreenManGrim

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
lol good luck .. .... tons of good weed for the 1000-1200 range , i just looked at some outdoor goo for 900 per lb .. i personally don't wish to work that hard for such a little payback .... wayyyyyy too many outsiders moved here and flooded the market , along with mega cartel gardens ... this is just being realistic .. cali is not the place to be anymore
there are people still sitting on last years harvest .. it is a total mess here and unless you have been here rooted in the industry you have little chance of making it ...

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I think there are a ton better choices than moving to humboldt county>>It is a disgusting shit hole now and gets worse by the day<<
mf'er kids playing thug life out there<<
I'd be working at Murrish's and dating some nasty cross between hippie and a hick if I were there>>>oh yeah, and the school system SUCKS.

1. One out of every three vehicles you see on the road is a gigantic pickup truck with a 12" lift and a 20-something pot grower's girlfriend behind the wheel.
2. Your internet and long distance connectivity is severed every few months when Caltrans digs up the fibre to San Francisco.
3. Everyone you know has been robbed or burglarized at least once.
4. You never leave your car unlocked, not even for a couple minutes while you run into the gas station for smokes.
5. The sun only comes out once a week, maybe less.
6. The pungent smell of fresh marijuana wafts through your neighborhood on a regular basis.
7. You don't bother calling the cops, ever, because you know they won't show up for at least two hours.
8. There's an indoor marijuana garden related house fire at least once a month.
9. Every person under the age of 30 you see walking around town is wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
10. Every person under the age of 24 has their hood pulled up over their head, even when the weather is nice.
11. You fully expect every driver on the road to be uninsured and driving an unregistered vehicle without a valid license.
12. Nobody smiles at you or says hello.
13. White people with super gross dreadlocks are everywhere. The longer the dreads, the more disgusting the person wearing them seems to be.
14. At dusk, only half the drivers on the road use their headlights. The other half are divided into two groups: those who refuse to turn their lights on until it's actually pitch dark, and those who think it is acceptable to drive around with only their parking lights on.
15. Every house has the curtains drawn or the shades closed to hide the marijuana growing activity within.
16. Locals are outnumbered 4-1 by out-of-towners who moved here to grow pot.
17. There are hundreds of restaurants, but only about 5 that are worth eating at.
18. You can't walk down the street without some homeless 19 year old with dreadlocks asking you for spare change. When you refuse, he cusses at you and says something about capitalism and greed.
19. Nobody drives the speed limit. They either go 5 mph under the limit, or they go 10-20 mph over.

cheers and good luck :passingjoint:

gtd

G

GreenManGrim

Any Where Else?

Thank You for the responses!

This is the kind of information that I need. I would assume that since MMJ is still a burgeoning market, even in California to some extent, and there has to be a way to make a living (I am not asking for a lot, I would be happy to break even after all expenses i.e. housing, food, car, utilities, etc.) while under the cloak of at least some security from it being medicinal. If not Humboldt, then what county? Sonoma or Mendocino? OR Should I move to like Oakland or Santa Cruz? Or should I be looking at a new state? I know these are kind of subjective questions but it isn't exactly an easy topic to freely discuss. LOL

Thanks
GreenManGrim

G

GreenManGrim

I noticed you made a comment on my post about Humboldt County. I had the feeling that there are tight knit communities that make up the medical marijuana scene there. Is it this way everywhere? Would I ever be able to be accepted? I consider myself at least decently intelligent (I have a degree in Biochemistry with a 3.5GPA). Its just I LOVE MJ and could really see myself growing for a living (whatever I feel safe doing).

Thanks for the Info
GreenManGrim

L

LightDep530

Humboldt was a good place to go in the days when you had to be an outlaw to grow. Other drier areas with access to a metropolitan area are a better idea. There is a lot of mold and powder mildew grown in Hum, locals know how to deal but your first year could be your last if you lose your outdoor .Everyone grows in Humboldt because there is just nothing else to do. Fishing and Logging are pretty faded.
I think its a damn shame to burn so much electricity and diesel fuel to grow the way a lot (not all) of the people in Humboldt do.
Where I live we are able to use sunlight in greenhouses and it comes out like indoor . Not inviting anyone else to come here either though. Its blown up.
Humboldt is a place to visit for sure though its a very magical place with miles and miles of undeveloped coast (it is all logged though).

S

Sayian

Man, reading all of the responses are quite disheartening. I have been wanting to move up north and grow for a long time as well.

Top Bottom