Curious If anyone else does this with their seedlings with the rain?

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

My seedlings are either at the 5th node or 4th nodes right now. I have had them on a firm watering plan. I'm only watering when they need it. Using a moister meter. since I watered a couple days ago and this weekend has been nothing but rain I brought my little hopefully Girls in under 600 watts of MH. Since its going to rain until Tuesday here. I figured I would keep them under the MH until the rain stops. Will this confuse my girls? Should I just leave them out and not worry? They have been on a strict 18/6 light schedule also. I give them supplemental light out side. Yes my neighbors hate me. lol no I'm not on a farm or out in the middle of no where. I have 6 houses connecting to my yard. its nothing crazy just a few big cfls hanging over them that kick on around 2 am ish. My goal here is to keep nodal spacing tight Until flower. Since i normally grow indoors but cant this year I'm trying to get similar indoor results out side. Ill be transplanting them tomorrow after I pick up my super soil up in Maine. they will go into 20 gallon pots. I was originally going to scrog them but I think ill just start by tying down a couple branches with a little light stress training. My concern is am I giving them to much light? Oh just incase anyone wants to see some of my flower pics My instagram is the same name I use here @BDH420

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My seedlings are either at the 5th node or 4th nodes right now. I have had them on a firm watering plan. I'm only watering when they need it. Using a moister meter. since I watered a couple days ago and this weekend has been nothing but rain I brought my little hopefully Girls in under 600 watts of MH. Since its going to rain until Tuesday here. I figured I would keep them under the MH until the rain stops. Will this confuse my girls? Should I just leave them out and not worry? They have been on a strict 18/6 light schedule also. I give them supplemental light out side. Yes my neighbors hate me. lol no I'm not on a farm or out in the middle of no where. I have 6 houses connecting to my yard. its nothing crazy just a few big cfls hanging over them that kick on around 2 am ish. My goal here is to keep nodal spacing tight Until flower. Since i normally grow indoors but cant this year I'm trying to get similar indoor results out side. Ill be transplanting them tomorrow after I pick up my super soil up in Maine. they will go into 20 gallon pots. I was originally going to scrog them but I think ill just start by tying down a couple branches with a little light stress training. My concern is am I giving them to much light? Oh just incase anyone wants to see some of my flower pics My instagram is the same name I use here @BDH420
Bringing them in and keeping them with 18 hrs of light is fine. I'd do it, I don't like the soil saturated other than on watering feeding days. I can see no benefit in keeping them out in bad weather if you can move them easily, then move them

BDH420

BDH420

Bringing them in and keeping them with 18 hrs of light is fine. I'd do it, I don't like the soil saturated other than on watering feeding days. I can see no benefit in keeping them out in bad weather if you can move them easily, then move them
Awesome that's what I figured. Thank you. After Sunday they will be a little harder to move as they are going in 20 gallon pots. I'm very happy with how its going. I'm having fun with it. I whish I started more then 3 now. I saved 7 seeds incase it turns out good I want to do a proper pheno hunt indoors with them. But they are doing so good I do wish i started all 10. I might see if anyone in my area has some teens or established clones. I usually always have a run going indoors but I'm in the middle of home renovations and power and plumbing to my rooms are not connected right now so I have my sun system 600watt switchable set up in my bathroom for the 3 seedlings I have going now. I wonder if its to late to start some autos outside here in MA? They do have some at the place I'm getting my super soil from tomorrow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Awesome that's what I figured. Thank you. After Sunday they will be a little harder to move as they are going in 20 gallon pots. I'm very happy with how its going. I'm having fun with it. I whish I started more then 3 now. I saved 7 seeds incase it turns out good I want to do a proper pheno hunt indoors with them. But they are doing so good I do wish i started all 10. I might see if anyone in my area has some teens or established clones. I usually always have a run going indoors but I'm in the middle of home renovations and power and plumbing to my rooms are not connected right now so I have my sun system 600watt switchable set up in my bathroom for the 3 seedlings I have going now. I wonder if its to late to start some autos outside here in MA? They do have some at the place I'm getting my super soil from tomorrow.
I'm east of you in Nova Scotia. I'm popping more now. I started with 10 only 5 popped right away 1 later that week. That's not enough so I've 10 more trying Three I planted today and there's 2 cracked but short tail..I'll plant tomorrow. giving me 10. From there I still have to sex them so I lose some there as well.

I have a dozen clones going all Gorilla from my last crop. The short fall here screws up letting them finish out doors. I can only get 7 weeks max flowering out of them before cold,damp,wet,grey days with a high of 6c - 42f in October cut things short, mold & rot and cold wet soil that won't dry..forced me indoors.

First time in 20 years I put some out last year ( its faux legal here now ) Powdery mildew got to them even in a little A frame plastic tent I had them in with 24'hr fans blowing.

Bitching about it here a member recommended pulling them in for a week at the end of July and put them on 12/12...then back out once they've started to flower....they'll continue to flower and finish early. So I'll try that this year with the clones I have now...the auto's should be done by early Sept any ways.

100 5496
100 5520
freezeland2

freezeland2

I bring mine inside and put under lights when the weather is shit.

Top Bottom