Curious if this looks like a nitrogen def.

• Thread starter Electrolights
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Electrolights

Electrolights

Thank you @Aqua Man , another question how do you feel about an acidic buffer specifically seachums for aquariums, it says it’s safe for plants, since my ro is so high bringing it up with bicarbonate seems counter productive

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you @Aqua Man , another question how do you feel about an acidic buffer specifically seachums for aquariums, it says it’s safe for plants, since my ro is so high bringing it up with bicarbonate seems counter productive
Yeah worth it or needed.

So here is what you do.

Take your RO and add the silicate. Let mix for 20 min.

Then PH down with PHOSPHORIC acid. Its very stable and it’s important NOT to use something like CITRIC acid that will react with bicarbonate and off gas as carbon dioxide.

Then add cal mag

Then add nutrients ( keep it simple as you see everything you add can influence PH and pom ) so dont just go adding more products than needed without understanding how they will affect you.

Then last PH down to 5.6 and wait 30 min then PH adjust again if needed

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Read this… specifically the RO section but learn this well. It’s important to have an understanding of how PH works and how alkalinity is the key.

Electrolights

Electrolights

went to the local hydro store for the first time today, at least those boys know whats up, really wasnt expecting them to talk about having grows themselves. they calmed my panicking ass told me the root rot could be way worse. im getting the AFF tomorrow and going to start your treatment ill take pics daily to throw in the thread with side by sides. @Aqua Man would it hurt to throw great white in the res as well with hydroguard and AFF? i ordered it before seeing your post and dont want to see it go to waste

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

went to the local hydro store for the first time today, at least those boys know whats up, really wasnt expecting them to talk about having grows themselves. they calmed my panicking ass told me the root rot could be way worse. im getting the AFF tomorrow and going to start your treatment ill take pics daily to throw in the thread with side by sides. @Aqua Man would it hurt to throw great white in the res as well with hydroguard and AFF? i ordered it before seeing your post and dont want to see it go to waste
AFF?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And beware of hydro store experts they are often the cause of major issues… not all but most think they know far far more than they do… you know the bottles says so kinda guys

Electrolights

Electrolights

Dated in September of 21 then 6 month after opening it says so Ide hope It’s not some fake shit if it’s just the packing date on it that would make sense how the roots got like that with me having the recommended amount through the whole grow in it. What scumbags. I meant Southern ag gff and hopefully that doesn’t come expired too. the bacillus concentrate you recommend in your rot guide, if I could put great white in with that remedy was the question

Last edited:
Electrolights

Electrolights

And beware of hydro store experts they are often the cause of major issues… not all but most think they know far far more than they do… you know the bottles says so kinda guys
Nah he didn’t act like that just said he’s seen worse and not to worry to much if I’m taking precautions. I take everything with a grain of salt, even sketched talking about it with some random in person

Electrolights

Electrolights

Also I was thinking about it, I’ve had them in 3 1/4” net pots, I think this may be stunting growth due to roots not being able to branch out before going into res to make it sturdy enough, any thoughts? I got 6inch pots for the next grow and might just put the 3 1/4 inside the 6” tomorrow @Aqua Man

Electrolights

Electrolights

Bottom leaves turning yellow over night wondering if it’s stress from pulling out and massaging roots during the res change and root remedy cure PH 5.8 ppms at 700 @Aqua Man maybe transplant shock noticed purple stems a few hours after transplanting back into res

0949D6A1 EB6B 4324 9065 A7C2DAC66F91
F47F90B7 DD7B 42C4 B986 5CD43ABD2145
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bottom leaves turning yellow over night wondering if it’s stress from pulling out and massaging roots during the res change and root remedy cure PH 5.8 ppms at 700 @Aqua Man maybe transplant shock noticed purple stems a few hours after transplanting back into res
The bottom leaves cant transpire id remove them

Electrolights

Electrolights

they actually just started flowering today, was kinda hoping theyd hold out a little longer

Electrolights

Electrolights

So here’s some pics after foliage and some root pics, assuming the GFF is what’s on the roots at this point but new root growth and plants don’t look like they reacted much to trimming

492B2185 EB67 4783 8912 3C1A08E34DCC
9875AC82 4DDD 4737 9C6B B0AA5D43A285
0365C566 F615 47F9 8BCB D37279120124
9DE3D335 59EC 4CF1 8DCE D4E4CE83090B
3138535C 7D0E 40B6 923B 7EDF1A939E78
45C361C8 9050 4699 93CC 735A1A48F032

Latest posts

Top Bottom