Curious Whats Everyone Ppm At During Veg & Flower In (r)dwc

• Thread starter Kannabiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Just curious what everyone PPM dial in at during Veg and Flower phase.

Junk

Junk

I'm between 1400-1700. Start at 1400, up to 16-1700 (you have to be careful up here) & back down after week 6 or so

Water is not RO, but only 4 ppm.

ken dog

ken dog

Isn't it amazing the number of things that they don't tell you at the hydro store?

1 EC is the same thing as saying 500ppm on the 500 scale, and the same thing as saying 700 PPM's on the 700 scale. They are all exactly the same thing.
Therefore, 2 EC is 1000 ppm on the 500 scale, and 1400 ppm on the 700 scale.

ken dog

ken dog

So, whenever someone gives information as to how many PPM's they are using, they should specify the 500 or the 700 scale.

I have found it much more convenient to simply use EC.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Isn't it amazing the number of things that they don't tell you at the hydro store?

1 EC is the same thing as saying 500ppm on the 500 scale, and the same thing as saying 700 PPM's on the 700 scale. They are all exactly the same thing.
Therefore, 2 EC is 1000 ppm on the 500 scale, and 1400 ppm on the 700 scale.
Just curious, why is it measure by two different scale, is there reason for this, Thanx again Ken for the info

ken dog

ken dog

Just curious, why is it measure by to different scale, is there reason for this, Thanx again Ken for the info

I have no idea why they use two scales for PPM's... But the good news is, that they only use one scale for EC... And they all mean exactly the same thing.
1 EC equals 500 PPM on the 500 scale, and that equals 700 ppm on the 700 scale.

PS. Happy to help out when I can.:)

Junk

Junk

Im GH, which is the 500 scale with RO water (although I don't see them give a different scale if you are not)

I know it's high. It's really high...but these plants smash it.

20150911 221656

MGRox

MGRox

Just curious, why is it measure by two different scale, is there reason for this, Thanx again Ken for the info
Remembered it was partially related to locale, but did a bit of digging and found this stuff.

(manicbotanix.com)
USA 1ms/cm (EC 1.o) = 500ppm
Euro 1ms/cm (EC1.0) = 640ppm
AU 1ms/cm (EC1.0 = 700ppm

(thegoodearthorganics.com)
"The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution......."

Guess that page ^ also has a EC conversion chart and a list of MFG's ppm to EC (expected) conversions.

Junk

Junk

There is technically 3 different ones (I think) but one of them is not used a lot. Australia or Euro I believe.

& because this is America, & we can't measure anything the same way as the rest of the world. Even if their system is better/easier. We are the Imperialists! lol

But seriously, I work on cars a lot. & at least for that, I love metric. Standard sucks.

Junk

Junk

Remembered it was partially related to locale, but did a bit of digging and found this stuff.

(manicbotanix.com)
USA 1ms/cm (EC 1.o) = 500ppm
Euro 1ms/cm (EC1.0) = 640ppm
AU 1ms/cm (EC1.0 = 700ppm

(thegoodearthorganics.com)
"The ppm 700 scale is based on measuring the KCl or potassium chloride content of a solution. The ppm 500 is based on measuring the NaCl or sodium chloride content of a solution......."

Guess that page ^ also has a EC conversion chart and a list of MFG's ppm to EC (expected) conversions.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit I liked this post, & didn't realize he answered the question before I made my post.

Junk

Junk

Your girls are heavy drinkers lol, looking good

They are also very large & a ton of root surface area. They wouldn't be taking this much if it was an average size plant. They'd be burnt to hell.

But I'm about 1400 at my lowest. (2.8 EC) They will take it, if you know how to do it. I have a very light feeding Sour D, does fine at 1400 ppm 3x a week.

Was reading in a mag the other day about the nutrient rise/fall. & it said weeks 3-6 or so to go as high as 1500 ppm, then work your way back down to 900 or so.

(disclaimer, I did not "know how to do it", someone taught me)

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

To add to the 500-700 scale issue, its the meter you use that determines what scale to go by. And the same mfg (Hanna for instance) doesn't always use the same scale.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Gonna hit my highest yield yet this run on a 1000w lamp running 4 plants/light at a veg ec of 0.1 -0.2 and topping out in the 4th week of bloom at ec of 0.25. Running air into the 12g res's at 1.5lpm/g. Going into day 52 of bloom I'm under 0.1 ec and they're lovin it, really hard to believe, but they're performing slightly better than the coco plants I have right next to them being fed 1.8 ec. Not running Co2 btw...

Top Bottom