Curled up spotted yellowing leaves

• Thread starter Joey06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joey06

Hello, I'm having some major issues with my plants, can anyone help me out? I've transplanted some plants, they are 1 month old, 3 days after the transplant I gave em some microelements, seems like they reacted pretty bad to it! They have some nitrogen deficiency too, to be safe I've just flushed em all, think gon a wait couple days and feed em with nitrogen!

Curled up spotted yellowing leaves
Curled up spotted yellowing leaves 2
Curled up spotted yellowing leaves 3
Curled up spotted yellowing leaves 4
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Try some epsom salt 1 tsp to 1 tblspn in a gallon of water, foliar spray the plant and see if it looks better in a day or two.

rickysimples

rickysimples

I'd try to figure out the source of the problem before trying to throw remedies at it. My first guess it's PH related in some way, shape, or form.

the rrock

the rrock

Eleanors VF-11,ive had alot of sick plants and this product revives them.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would check the medium. The plant is pretty small to be showing signs of a deficiency to that degree. Did the medium come pre-loaded with nutrients, like Fox Farms does? Too much of certain nutrients can cause issues with other nutrients not being available for the roots to take them up. Cal-Mag, everyone's cure all, can cause serious magnesium deficiencies if used too much, especially with neutral or slightly alkaline soils. Too much P or K can also interfere with the absorption of other nutrients.
Depending on the amount of fertilizer/nutes in the soil, I would think it might be overfeeding, causing deficiencies. In my experience over the last 30 years, I haven't seen a case of nutrient deficiency unless it was in a water based system, or a growth medium that has been used up and not replenished … and even then it was minimal. Just about every case was due to overfeeding, when people confuse the nutritional requirements of a 10 inch plant with that of a 7 ft tall plant. Plants, like people, don't really benefit from overfeeding, although people keep growing when they are overfed! Keep up the good work!

rickysimples

rickysimples

40% coco, 50% peat, 10%perlite!

Right on, man. That's a good blend, and if you're PHing to 6.0 I can't imagine that's the cause of the problem. How often are you watering? Are you watering with nutrients everytime? Can you provide details of all your inputs? I've seen worse plants come back from the dead so I want to help you!

J

Joey06

I would check the medium. The plant is pretty small to be showing signs of a deficiency to that degree. Did the medium come pre-loaded with nutrients, like Fox Farms does? Too much of certain nutrients can cause issues with other nutrients not being available for the roots to take them up. Cal-Mag, everyone's cure all, can cause serious magnesium deficiencies if used too much, especially with neutral or slightly alkaline soils. Too much P or K can also interfere with the absorption of other nutrients.
Depending on the amount of fertilizer/nutes in the soil, I would think it might be overfeeding, causing deficiencies. In my experience over the last 30 years, I haven't seen a case of nutrient deficiency unless it was in a water based system, or a growth medium that has been used up and not replenished … and even then it was minimal. Just about every case was due to overfeeding, when people confuse the nutritional requirements of a 10 inch plant with that of a 7 ft tall plant. Plants, like people, don't really benefit from overfeeding, although people keep growing when they are overfed! Keep up the good work!
Thx for the answer! Appreciate the interest! Btw the soil came pre loaded with nutrients, but it's not really that heavy, it's like basic %. I've never gave em fertilizers, just fed em with micronutrients and in small quantity!

J

Joey06

Right on, man. That's a good blend, and if you're PHing to 6.0 I can't imagine that's the cause of the problem. How often are you watering? Are you watering with nutrients everytime? Can you provide details of all your inputs? I've seen worse plants come back from the dead so I want to help you!
Thslx for the interest, really! 🙏🏻 I do water once every 3 days since the season it's pretty rainy, btw didn't fertilized them at all (that's why the nitrogen deficiency came on) just gave them micronutrients, 2 ml/lt
thx for the interest, really! 🙏🏻 Btw, never fertilized till now (that's why the nitrogen deficiency came up) just gave em some micronutrients 1g/lt! And that's all! Should feed em with nitrogen, but don't really know if that's gonna influence em in a better or worse way atm!

rickysimples

rickysimples

Thslx for the interest, really! 🙏🏻 I do water once every 3 days since the season it's pretty rainy, btw didn't fertilized them at all (that's why the nitrogen deficiency came on) just gave them micronutrients, 2 ml/lt
thx for the interest, really! 🙏🏻 Btw, never fertilized till now (that's why the nitrogen deficiency came up) just gave em some micronutrients 1g/lt! And that's all! Should feed em with nitrogen, but don't really know if that's gonna influence em in a better or worse way atm!

When you're growing in a soilless medium you need to provide all the nutrition. Coco,peat, hydroton, rockwool... So if you're not feeding the plants then that explains why they look the way they do.

Here's what you need to do...

1. Buy water-soluble nutrients. I.E. Dyna Grow Foliage Pro, GH 3 part, Jacks 321, Canna Coco A&B, Megacrop, etc...
2. Feed those plants. Figure a strength of 800-900 PPM's of nutrients.
3. Never let the medium completely dry out, at most let it get to 50% dry before you water. You should be watering closer to every other day or even every day once the plants get bigger. Once again, water with nutrients.
4. After you mix your nutrients, make sure to PH the water to 5.8 - 6.2 before feeding. Also a good time to check your PPM's are where you want em'.

Other than that dude, good luck. https://www.growweedeasy.com/coco-coir read that link and bookmark it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom