Curling and Dying plants help “coco”

• Thread starter Dankinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dankinator

I have 8 plants going currently, until about a week ago plants where healty over the week I must’ve botched my ph adjustment or miscalculated amount of nutes needed I’m running coco perlite mix. Watering 2 times daily with nutes, my run off ph was 7.00 this afternoon and the ppm was 5-600 so I decided to “flush” with ph corrected 6.0 reverse osmosis water. When do I resume feeding? how likely are these plants to recover? Someone tell me what to do I’m lost.

Curling and dying plants help coco
Curling and dying plants help coco 2
Curling and dying plants help coco 3
Curling and dying plants help coco 4
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i bet it is the water your using maybe aqua man will see ya post

J

JeanMichel

never "flush" coco with reverse osmosis water
always nutrients mixed in the water
these plants are hungry increase the EC
600PPM in the runoff is nothing

also do not look the ph of your runoff, you will be misleaded

next time your coco gets lighter, make a solution of tap water mixed with 2,0mS of nutrients ( 1000PPM on 500 scale)
ph at 5,5 and water with a large runoff to replace the old solution in the coco

then a few days later when the top get dryier water again, this time 1,0-1,5 Ms OF nutrients plus your tap water, with 30 to 50 % runoff
with runoff a bit too much is better than not enough

50% runoff means half of the watering will run in the drain, but thats the price to pay to get perfect growth

TomH

TomH

never "flush" coco with reverse osmosis water
always nutrients mixed in the water
these plants are hungry increase the EC
600PPM in the runoff is nothing

also do not look the ph of your runoff, you will be misleaded

next time your coco gets lighter, make a solution of tap water mixed with 2,0mS of nutrients ( 1000PPM on 500 scale)
ph at 5,5 and water with a large runoff to replace the old solution in the coco

then a few days later when the top get dryier water again, this time 1,0-1,5 Ms OF nutrients plus your tap water, with 30 to 50 % runoff
with runoff a bit too much is better than not enough

50% runoff means half of the watering will run in the drain, but thats the price to pay to get perfect growth
Wow, very detailed and timely. I'm setting up a coco grow for my next effort.
I'm trying to read anything and everything about it.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Coco is inert. If you flush, good idea to resume feeding asap. Assuming you flushed to get out excess salts, which is about the only reason I would recommend doing it, I would give it a “corrected” lighter feed as soon as you are done flushing. I do not pay a ton of attention to other peoples ppm numbers. There are a ton of variables from set up to set up that affect what your plants will take. What is important to me is that the ppm is not going up over time, in which case you are over feeding, or consistently much lower than the ppm of your feed, in which case they are hungry. In mid flower, I will feed my coco plants 4-5 times a day and that runoff is consistently just above what I put in. If I was giving the same feed only once or twice per day, then I would want to tweak it to make sure they were not hungry. The dissolved solids in your runoff relative to your feed is important to get dialed in for coco imo. When I was figuring coco out, those numbers almost always led me to my answer when I was working out an issue. Good luck dude.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Wow, very detailed and timely. I'm setting up a coco grow for my next effort.
I'm trying to read anything and everything about it.

Everything you need to know

Top Bottom