Curling, Discoloration in Early Veg

• Thread starter pemulis99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pemulis99

New to this forum and looking for a second (or third) opinion on some leaf curling and discoloration I've had.

Plants are about 4-weeks old. I've been growing them in Fox Farm Ocean & Forest and watering every three to five days. The light is a 2000W LED placed 20-24 inches above the canopy. My main problem is I haven't pH'd any part of my system but I have a hunch that the tap water I'm using is on the alkaline side. Could my water being too basic be causing this curling and discoloration? The yellow streaks seen in the pictures seem to be worsening and other plants are browning around the edges. There also seems to be slight wrinkling of the problem leaves.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curling discoloration in early veg 3

Curling discoloration in early veg 2
Curling discoloration in early veg

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

These plants look over-lit and over-watered to me. If they were mine, I'd move the light to the top of the tent and turn it to 25% on the dimmer (if it has one). Don't lower it or turn up the dimmer until the leaves are praying an hour before darkness. I'd water to 10% run-off, only when the pots are very light. Over-watering is watering too often, not too much. It would be good to pH any inputs between 5.0 and 7.0. The soil will buffer from there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These plants look over-lit and over-watered to me. If they were mine, I'd move the light to the top of the tent and turn it to 25% on the dimmer (if it has one). Don't lower it or turn up the dimmer until the leaves are praying an hour before darkness. I'd water to 10% run-off, only when the pots are very light. Over-watering is watering too often, not too much. It would be good to pH any inputs between 5.0 and 7.0. The soil will buffer from there.
This ^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom