Curling leaves can anyone help?

• Thread starter Skunk199
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunk199

Skunk199

I've been having this problem for bit now but its usually one or two fan leaves. It's getting worst, so of course I did some research and it only confused me even more lol. I'm growing in foxfarm coco loco, watering twice a day with FF Cal-Mag (5ml), FF Grow Big (10ml) and FF Big bloom (10ml). PPM's are 650-750, 10% runoff. I did a slurry test and got a ph reading of 5.8 and 120 ppm. The light were about 24 inches away from plant but i raised to about 32 inches this morning. She's going into flower tomorrow. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Curling leaves can anyone help
Curling leaves can anyone help 2

congolaw

congolaw

Could be broad mites, high temps., and/or large rH differences. Also overwatering.
1. Get a microscope and scope it out very carefully for broad or russet mites
2. Check rooms Relative Humidity
3. Verify dry rates; soil moisture and watering cycle (runoff is good but need to know dry rates to avoid over watering)

growsince79

growsince79

Just a bit of heat / light stress. Are you watering coco loco as you would straight coco, keeping it soaked all the time? I didn't know you could do that. I water as I would soil and have excellent results.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Could be broad mites, high temps., and/or large rH differences. Also overwatering.
1. Get a microscope and scope it out very carefully for broad or russet mites
2. Check rooms Relative Humidity
3. Verify dry rates; soil moisture and watering cycle (runoff is good but need to know dry rates to avoid over watering)
+1

If it's not mites then it's probably heat stress; either way I wouldn't put it into flower tomorrow until I got it sorted out

growsince79

growsince79

Plants with damaged roots due to overwatering cant take up enough water so they get easily stressed. Watering twice a day in cocoloco sounds scary to me. How big are the containers? Do you have lots of gnats?

Skunk199

Skunk199

Plants with damaged roots due to overwatering cant take up enough water so they get easily stressed. Watering twice a day in cocoloco sounds scary to me. How big are the containers? Do you have lots of gnats?
5 gallon pot, one plant and no gnats

Skunk199

Skunk199

I guess I'll cut back on watering plus my RH has been all over the place. I plumbed my dehumidifier so from now own I'll be getting a steady 40-50% RH.

congolaw

congolaw

I guess I'll cut back on watering plus my RH has been all over the place. I plumbed my dehumidifier so from now on I'll be getting a steady 40-50% RH.
Stabilize your RH, as it can stress out the plant a bit or a lot depending on temperature differences, of course — a great place to start.

either way I wouldn't put it into flower tomorrow until I got it sorted out

...great advice @Beachwalker

growsince79

growsince79

My 5g cocoloco pots get 7 quarts every 4-5 days. And I don't feed anything for at least 4 weeks. Or at least 2-3 weeks after transplant.

Skunk199

Skunk199

My 5g cocoloco pots get 7 quarts every 4-5 days. And I don't feed anything for at least 4 weeks. Or at least 2-3 weeks after transplant.
I’ve been watering twice a day at 650-750 and this morning I did a slurry test, I got 120ppm also the ph was 5.8. The nutes coco loco came with are long gone...

Top Bottom