Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
kevinn

kevinn

"With a little help from my friends", as true as the day it was penned. Remember the first time I got a buzz, but no idea who had the pot, I did not know him, my buds did.

My first time was in high school (late 60's). 10 of us sitting on a basement floor in a circle passing the dube and listing to led Zepplin on head phones. Don't think I got high, but was on my way.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Slow day at the farm I see. Stayed busy around here all day long. Gotta be time to burn a bowl, anybody with me ? Here ya go, puff, puff, pass.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Morning OFC, not good on my slice this morning. My wife fell backwards, while bending down to give the dog something. She screwed something up with her metal knee. This is gonna mean another ambulance ride to the hospital.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That sucks yooper. I hope they an fix it with some external manipulation. They seem to have go success with some things that go wrong.
I worry about my wife's artificial hip when she is doing stuff. I had a friend that his wife popped hers out. They went to the ER and they moved her leg around and got it to pop back in.

Yeah I am an old fart of 61 years. I think this is my first post in here. I was fighting it. LOL!

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Tobor,
If ya act like an old fart, ya might be one.
If ya look like an old fart, ya might be one.
If ya smell like an old fart, you be outta luck, cause ya be one.
In any case we be happy to have ya stopping by.
Enjoy your time on the farm.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Same way here !!! But after the 1/2 dube, I spend more time looking for where I put my tools down. Most times, I am sitting on them.
Sounds familiar, I've been there many times. Once I'd get myself re-situated though I'd get right into my work and go right through it.

Guess it's in a woman's genes. Wife learned quickly after we were married. Water pump for the house took a dump. She said her dad's plumber would install the new one for a hundred bucks. I told her I'd do it. She says, "Can you?" I told her, "If I can't, I'd like to meet the son of a bitch that could!"
Took a whole half hour. She refused to pony up the money, though.
Roofs, furnaces, hot water heaters, stoves, ovens, who needs help? A little common sense and hard work goes a long ways.
Did I mention that I'm also a cheap skate?
I never paid people to do things for me, when I was physically able I could tackle anything. Always had the mindset that if another man could do it I sure as hell could.

Morning OFC, not good on my slice this morning. My wife fell backwards, while bending down to give the dog something. She screwed something up with her metal knee. This is gonna mean another ambulance ride to the hospital.
Damn yoop, sorry to hear that, hope she's ok and it's something easily dealt with.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Little update on my wife. She broke her leg where the top of the artificial knee connects to the femur. She`s having surgery tomorrow. She was transferred to Marquette for that, 77 mile ride away. Thanks for everyone`s concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom