Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

i knew one of yall didn't care for hammie but really i don't remember who.

on another note i was gifted some 88g13/hp f2 beans and i got my male that i was wanting. problem is he seems to be a dud. made nuts under 24/7 light cycle so he got his own box. when the sac pops it is almost like a seed pops out, and they got no pollen either. as you can see in the pic, popped sacks and the seed looking piece that comes out. if i bump the plant i can hear them fall into the pie pan.

Male plants can herm out also... they could be immature seeds....
you could try to pluck a bunch off and try to dry them well and use a pollen shaker box to see what you get...

....but I'm not sure there's much point if the offspring will likely have that herm genetic...

I think that'd be enough to chase me away from using it...

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

especially the flowering part.... I stress test my males with things like heat and cold, overwatering, underwatering, rootbinding, rootball pruning, topping or supercropping in flower... lookin for hairs and plants that dont behave...

It is 50% of your new cross' genetics after all....

giggy

giggy

Male plants can herm out also... they could be immature seeds....
you could try to pluck a bunch off and try to dry them well and use a pollen shaker box to see what you get...

....but I'm not sure there's much point if the offspring will likely have that herm genetic...

I think that'd be enough to chase me away from using it...
the herm thing keeps coming to mind i just never seen a male herm to female. i know for years when a male showed it died a quick death. i also posted this in the breeders lab and it is what they call a auto flowering male because of the 24/7 light cycle and said it was not a good breeder. so now i'll have to find a good outdoor male for breeding which is going to set me back.

Last edited:
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

just like a female throwin nanners... you'll have a nice floral cluster with either hairs or buds in small spots...
sometimes like nanners that you dont see because they're in a calyx "shell", the male's hairs can be hard to spot...
sometimes they're full on hermi's that'll be both at once... you never know... I've had a great male that I loved, but both runs of him, he didnt drop a single grain of pollen.... even when I took the 70 day male flowers and dried em out like a gothic girl with scarred wrists, smashed the flowers into dust and threw that into a fan, I still got absolutely nothin.... that one hurt my feelings....

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Keep in mind that I'm just a regular guy on the internet...
I hadn't made it to that "someone of note" status as of yet...

Hell... I let this guy grow in a box....

17130971805 9c9deaacb9 b

....a box that he did not even fit into, I might add....

16923588767 17f46a8f19 b

But these are some of the flowers that made the cut at one point or another, and a few that didnt....

15702353089 026c5c0a10 b
16628814893 5b87a6fc51 b
17061457360 1e59aa4963 b
16628807503 fbda1fe8dd b

⬇️sterile fucker ⬇️
18526590740 d9d839b533 b
18526435848 722f32ac3d b
18614264365 fb734cf482 b

⬆️sterile fucker⬆️

⬇️ BOGs Sour Bubble... great and stays great even when beat to shit...⬇️
15702626227 111c64e4a1 b
15886401921 b314f415e0 b

...and I'm talkin solo cups in the refrigerator mid-flower followed by root pruning...
that kind of beat to shit...

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning LittleDabbie, costa, Sunbaked and the rest of the OFC. Good to see peeps up before me. But no "wake n bake" yet ? We gonna fix that. Grab a cup of coffee in one hand and a bowl of Mother Nature`s finest medicinal herb in the other and we got the makings of one. OK, here we go, puff, puff, pass.

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Mor'nun all! grabs bong quickly* and cooffeee, cough* ...passin How's everything fella's?? Feeling super anxious over here, with all the stuff going! waaay too much :ninja:

didn't even get the little TERMINATOR baby trans planted, but will take one more pic of it and do that..

oh man, is the shit to do stacking up fast...I need 2 keep my Lurking to a minimum, Good luck with the Doc's appointments and Wifes, err, sn*ow and shit that's getting in your way!

oh, If u have not, go here:: brothersgrimmseeds.com and l()()k sOOn when u get a chance, :smoking:

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

the herm thing keeps coming to mind i just never seen a male herm to female. i know for years when a male showed it died a quick death. i also posted this in the breeders lab and it is what they call a auto flowering male because of the 24/7 light cycle and said it was not a good breeder. so now i'll have to find a good outdoor male for breeding which is going to set me back.

I've had only a couple sterile males of course they we're one of kind type that I was holding out the most hope for, and couldn't get again. I'm always looking for thee "one" outdoor male to pair with my og kush.. hope things start looking up

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good evening all. I read where there may be rescheduling marijuana. That would be a start and a feather in Obama`s cap for his legacy. My wife is finally coming home tomorrow. Been a long hard haul, and it`s almost over. Gotta go check on my garden and finish cleaning up the house. Better burn a bowl before I get too ambitious. Puff, puff, pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom