Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Thank the great spirit had it go this way, my father actually tried to kill a game warden for taking his "jacked" moose, tell a native named chinke whitekiller he cant feed his family warden boy.........BOOOM! I'm just happy you got away relativley unscathed.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good morning Lorax, Yard dog and the rest of the OFC still in bed. Time to get up and at `em cause it`s also "wake n bake" time. Cup of coffee and a bowl and here we go, puff, puff and pass.
@Yard dog, yeah, I think there is a time limit on edit or delete a post.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Stoney, you coming?
Not any easy answer for me. I hate crowds and get very uneasy, anxious, and paranoid.
With all the peeps saying that they are going I'm starting to lean to yes I will be their. And of course smoking doesn't really help calm me down. I don't like smoking and driving. The bride never wants to go with me. None of my friends will get on the site or any other so they would be of no help. Last year after I left I told myself I would never go again haha.
I really want to meetup with every body.

It's a beautiful day out I think I will get out and cut and split some of that pile of wood.
Have a great day everyone.:):)

Yard dog

Yard dog

morning sunbaked. thanks for looking out for me, it takes all i can do to keep my tail from getting runned over.

One of my fondest memories of my dad.
I was young, about 7 years old. we are riding in the old Chevy truck, creeping through the main trail at our land, my dog Blackie is in the passenger floorboard, i am in the middle seat, and my dad is wearing a flannel jacket. headed into the woods to cut a few loads of firewood. me and Blackie was headed to play, and my dad was going to be cutting the wood. I remember at that age, my dad was the biggest thing, period. he was on a living legend status about that time for me. that short memory is so very vivid for me, i wish i could always remember it as clearly as i can now.
I go into the woods now, the land has been cut. i hardly recognize where i am anymore, but i can go to almost any spot there and close my eyes and remember the wild wonderful forest of my childhood, when 40 acres was a massive forest, boundaries distant and unseen by my eyes . i can see what it looked like then, pristine, shaded and cool, and alive with the noises of unseen critters. hours spent making mud and stick dams at the creek, the excitement of watching my dad fell a tree, as soon as it fell, shaking the ground with its untold weight, i would walk the length of it, stump to limb. the smell of fresh cut Red Oak, mixed with two stroke smoke, and the earthy musty smell of an old truck with a wet dog and the smell of cut wood, sweat and filth riding home with a job well done.
Times do change, the best dog i ever had has been gone for 18 years now, the 40 acres feels like a postage stamp, with it clear-cut i can see end to end now with a good vantage point. My dad is no longer held elevated to a large glamorous pedestal of a young child's mind. He is a meager man, like us all. faults and imperfections that i could not see at 7 years old.
I am now burdened with the weight of a mans world, much like my dad was in my memory, only i was too naive to understand then.
Oh the feeling of yesterday. of summer vacations that lasted a lifetime, endless sunny days when the bicycle wheels never stopped turning, fishing pole strapped to the handle bars, a backpack with drinks and snack cakes, a radio and good friends.
I had a childhood most my age would never imagine. hard work, long hours and penny pinching at each corner, and i loved every moment of it, i was raised with the character only earned through hard work, and the dedication to family above all else. I am truly thankful for my country upbringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom