Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

I guess when thats the only life you knew its hard to let it go?
Ya know, when I retired, every dream that didn't involve pussy was about construction. 90% were about the shit times. 10% were about all the giggles and shit working folks do to make their life fun. Come October 1st, it'll be 12 years I've been retired. Don't miss it a God damn bit. Don't dream about it, either.
I do miss those gut buggy burgers off the roach coach, though.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Ya know, when I retired, every dream that didn't involve pussy was about construction. 90% were about the shit times. 10% were about all the giggles and shit working folks do to make their life fun. Come October 1st, it'll be 12 years I've been retired. Don't miss it a God damn bit. Don't dream about it, either.
I do miss those gut buggy burgers off the roach coach, though.

How old were you when you joined?

For my dad he left home at 17 and joined the air force to get away from his family..

Hippie

Hippie

How old were you when you joined?

For my dad he left home at 17 and joined the air force to get away from his family..
Got into union construction when I was 18. Could have retired at the tender age of 49, but '78 was such a bad year, I didn't work enough hours to get vested.
People have the wrong ideas about unions. We're all fat, lazy fucks. Sometimes. Most of us bust our ass day in and day out so that the boss makes a good profit. If he makes a good profit, he'll bid the next job right. If he bids the next job right, I've got more work.
You think union folks don't work? Check out my EEGs, MRIs, CATs, and Xrays and tell me this old hippie didn't work hard. How else can a pot smoking, long haired hippie make a good living? Ya sell your body and skills like a cheap whore and have fun doing it!:)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Got into union construction when I was 18. Could have retired at the tender age of 49, but '78 was such a bad year, I didn't work enough hours to get vested.
People have the wrong ideas about unions. We're all fat, lazy fucks. Sometimes. Most of us bust our ass day in and day out so that the boss makes a good profit. If he makes a good profit, he'll bid the next job right. If he bids the next job right, I've got more work.
You think union folks don't work? Check out my EEGs, MRIs, CATs, and Xrays and tell me this old hippie didn't work hard. How else can a pot smoking, long haired hippie make a good living? Ya sell your body and skills like a cheap whore and have fun doing it!:)

Been a union member most of my working life. So yes, I am a union supporter. I put my ass on the line every day that I worked and trusted my union to represent and negotiate contracts for me. Some I liked, some I did not care for, but I always worked. Now, I have been retired for 17 years the city that I worked for wants to renig on it`s end and take things away. How lucky we are to have the first union to represent retired folks. I am a proud member of Local #1 of U.R.G.E. (United Retired Government Employees).

Grower13

Grower13

little ICookie this evening

IMG 0016

IMG 0014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom