• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Damn, gotta stop fallin' asleep at the 'puter. Did it again last night. Oh well, it's another day. Took my truck in to the dealer yesterday and got some bad news. The fuel lines and sending unit are all rusted and need to be replaced, cost : $1100 - $1200 dollars. Told it was common on Chevy trucks. Remembering back, the same thing happened to my old truck. Seems to me it was about $500 dollars back then. Aw shit, gonna pack a bowl to go with my coffee. It be "wake n bake" time. So here goes puffin' n passin' time.

Hippie

Hippie

Same thing happened to Mom's Caddy many moons ago. Her brakes went out in front of a Midas Muffler shop. Told her it was gonna be four bills 'cause all the lines were rotted. I towed it home with the help of a friend, replaced all brake lines and wheel cylinders, front pucks, rear shoes and had the drums turned, and handed her a bill for $65, which was exactly what the parts cost me. She offered the four bills, then two bills when I refused, then a German chocolate cake. I took the cake. Good shit.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Same thing happened to Mom's Caddy many moons ago. Her brakes went out in front of a Midas Muffler shop. Told her it was gonna be four bills 'cause all the lines were rotted. I towed it home with the help of a friend, replaced all brake lines and wheel cylinders, front pucks, rear shoes and had the drums turned, and handed her a bill for $65, which was exactly what the parts cost me. She offered the four bills, then two bills when I refused, then a German chocolate cake. I took the cake. Good shit.

Wish I could still do these things, but I just can not crawl under, around and over a vehicle anymore.

Yard dog

Yard dog

I'm thinking pills. He's gonna have to go without the immodium, though. I can't get there today.
i know you are a little mad at him, but make sure he still knows you love him. he fucked up, and now he has a monkey on his back, forever to an extent. my bro-in-law is on dope. he is a completely different person now. i used to like him, now... it is sad, because i knew him before he fucked his mind up with poison. the bad thing, is he got started on the same shit that killed his momma. its a circle of life so many times. but my wife grew up in the same shit hole home, and she never touched the stuff.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@GoldNBoy,
Speaking from the voice of experience, that young man has a hard road to travel. He was weak enough to do it, now he has to be strong enough to undo it. A life long battle awaits him, I fight it every day. I believe he has to get away from the crowd he runs with, cause in that crowd there are other users. The old monkey see, monkey do proverb. Best of luck to him.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

His girl says it's meth & heroin... Since he moved out, over a year ago. F#ck. He knows I'm trying to help him. Isolating him in camp really wasn't the plan. I was just trying to help him get some bills paid & diapers for the baby.
The kid's had a rough life. His momma didn't want him. His dad beat him, and put him to work, until the kid stood up to him. Then "dad" went to get a pack of smokes, & didn't come back. Left him in a rental house, with nothing. He was barely 13. My wife & I took guardianship, and put him back in school. He graduated a year & a half early, & went to work. He's been on his own for the last year or so. He's a strong kid. Strong enough, I hope.

Yard dog

Yard dog

golden, meth is rough, i had a cousin get so far in it, we all thought he was gone. he sobered up, and now has a successful life. it can be done, it will likely be the hardest thing he has ever done.
i went to school with a guy, one day he would be telling me how great meth was, and how much he loved it. the next day he may be saying how much he hated it, wish he could stop. my cousin says its the most complicated love/hate relationship he ever had.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

golden, meth is rough, i had a cousin get so far in it, we all thought he was gone. he sobered up, and now has a successful life. it can be done, it will likely be the hardest thing he has ever done.
i went to school with a guy, one day he would be telling me how great meth was, and how much he loved it. the next day he may be saying how much he hated it, wish he could stop. my cousin says its the most complicated love/hate relationship he ever had.
I hope he'll be okay, until tomorrow. If I can keep him away from that crowd, for a couple hours, he'll be sober for a few more days. He was promised a few hours with his daughter. His connection is in the next town over, 12 miles away. His car is broke down. So, I should be able to keep him in sight.
I have to bring him back to a less remote camp, for this weekend. He'll be able to call out, if he can borrow a phone. He could possibly sneak off, & meet someone. Hopefully his mind will be right, and he can lean on me. But, I fear I'll be the bad guy, in his mind.

incogneato

incogneato

His girl says it's meth & heroin... Since he moved out, over a year ago. F#ck. He knows I'm trying to help him. Isolating him in camp really wasn't the plan. I was just trying to help him get some bills paid & diapers for the baby.
The kid's had a rough life. His momma didn't want him. His dad beat him, and put him to work, until the kid stood up to him. Then "dad" went to get a pack of smokes, & didn't come back. Left him in a rental house, with nothing. He was barely 13. My wife & I took guardianship, and put him back in school. He graduated a year & a half early, & went to work. He's been on his own for the last year or so. He's a strong kid. Strong enough, I hope.
I'll be prayin for you guys. Unless he's isolated in camp forever he'll have to face it again. At least he can get clean out there. Best of luck to all of you, addiction is a bitch.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
IMG 2772

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom