cut off root on accident

• Thread starter drowsygenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drowsygenetics

drowsygenetics

so its been 4 days and my autos have yet to sprout. so i checked them so see if they were growing by digging it out and accidentally separated the root from the seed. will it still grow? i only dug it out because I felt there was too much soil on top which there was and moved it a little closer to the top. when I first planted it it was too wet so I added extra soil on top which led it to being deeper in the pot than it should've been.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

It's amazing how tough they are at that age! I once had a plant that did the upside down thing, where the root grew up instead of down. By the time I noticed the root had dried up and died. I carefully scratched away the dirt and found that the cotyledons where trying to open underground! I honestly thought that there was no hope, but being the eternal optimist, I turned it over and stuck the "stalk" (about half an inch long!) down into the dirt withe the cotyledons almost lying flat on the surface of the dirt. It did absolutely nothing for about 10 days, just stayed exactly as it was, didn't grow at all or get any better or worse. I was about to give up on it when it started looking like maybe it was growing, all of a sudden it took off and grew the same as the other beans that I had planted in that same batch. It just ended up being about 2 weeks behind them.

I really thought I was wasting my time when saw that tiny stem with the dead root, but honestly, I keep being surprised by just how resilient this plant can be. I suppose it was called weed for a reason. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom