Cutting clone

• Thread starter mancorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

I have a plant that I about to clone, but don't want the plant after taking the cuttings. In this case is it better to make a plug cut and keeping the node on the clone (red) or stick with the standard cut (blue)?
Image1 li

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey man , do both
Just one cut off the blue line
And another bigger one with the stalk left over, cut near the bottom of the yellow line

Best to have more cuts than fewer big ones ...
In my opinion
If your asking if you should leave part of the main stem and node on the blue smaller cut , i would say no

On the blue smaller cut ,A piece of the node ok , but not the secondary stem , hope im being clear ...

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

Hey man , do both
Just one cut off the blue line
And another bigger one with the stalk left over, cut near the bottom of the yellow line

Best to have more cuts than fewer big ones ...
In my opinion
If your asking if you should leave part of the main stem and node on the blue smaller cut , i would say no

On the blue smaller cut ,A piece of the node ok , but not the secondary stem , hope im being clear ...

I understand what you're saying, but I don't need more then about 15-20 cuts total. So more interested in making beefier clones, then needing a large quantity. (I grow outdoors, and find that the mothers just becomes a big bushy mess after moving them outside. So easier just to chuck the mother then having her take up space in the garden.)

I would think the node would have rooting hormones, but that you wouldn't typically cut a mother at the red line and destroy her.

Last edited:
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Why not just continue to cut back the seed plant until it begins to flower? And you can even trim the plant down to a few really strong branches to keep it from being an unruly bush.

Reactions: Ina
mancorn

mancorn

Why not just continue to cut back the seed plant until it begins to flower? And you can even trim the plant down to a few really strong branches to keep it from being an unruly bush.
She'll been living indoors and will flip if taken out and I don't want to continue indoors for another 6 weeks or so. (I've got other seed plants outside so don't want to do the outdoor supplemental lighting.) Just looking to make a couple clones for myself and give the rest to some friends and looking for advice on cutting.

mancorn

mancorn

I’ve been doing bigger cuts as of late like the cut at the red line.
That's a beauty!

I see a good amount of stem below your fingers, so assume there was another node that you cut below of?

I read a fair amount of growers suggesting they leave a longer internode section at the bottom. This never made sense to me and I normally cut fairly close under the node (pretty much like every other non-cannabis plant I root. I do grapes real tight to the node.) But I only clone once a year, so no expert.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

I just find it easier to transplant into soil with more stem. I shave 1-2 nodes off the stem before putting it into the cloner.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I just find it easier to transplant into soil with more stem. I shave 1-2 nodes off the stem before putting it into the cloner.
Hey fresno , i saw your gallery , is the cloner lid made out of plastic or marine " starboard " material ?

Top Bottom