Cutting off fan leaves in late flower?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've seen a lot of people cut off all of their plant's fan leaves during late flower (especially autoflowers).
What is the purpose of this?
Is it necessary/recommended?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm planning on harvesting the top half and then waiting a couple weeks for the bottom half and my humidity is fine so should I leave them on?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
I'm planning on harvesting the top half and then waiting a couple weeks for the bottom half and my humidity is fine so should I leave them on?
If they are getting nice light yes, as the plant gets deep into flower they will yellow and shed them for you anyway

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If they are getting nice light yes, as the plant gets deep into flower they will yellow and shed them for you anyway
I put in a second scrog net around 6 inches from the top of the canopy and I've been tucking the top leaves under it so that they are vertical instead of horizontal to let more light in, not sure if it's doing anything though. I guess it's sort of a way to give the same effect of defoliating but without actually removing the leaves.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❀🌱❀🀘😁✌
Supporter
I put in a second scrog net around 6 inches from the top of the canopy and I've been tucking the top leaves under it so that they are vertical instead of horizontal to let more light in, not sure if it's doing anything though. I guess it's sort of a way to give the same effect of defoliating but without actually removing the leaves.
Thats a good safe call to make. Defoliating is not a no-stress technique. Always better to err on the side of caution with flowering plants unless they are clones you know very well that like the abuse πŸ‘

Latest posts

Top Bottom