Cuttings from female seeds?

• Thread starter flybynyt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flybynyt

Can you take clones from a plant grown from female seeds? Any issues with that?

Thanks.

flybynyt

F

fi_di_bot

why not?
just pay attention to choose a strong mother that will not easily turn into hermie

F

flybynyt

That is what I was thinking too, but was not sure. I know that some strains seem much harder to root that others.

flybynyt

F

fi_di_bot

with rh > 80% and temps on 21/23°C is pretty impossible for a cutting to don't root.
the best is taking clones from the 4 lower branches, 'couse they have more % to root.
more higher is the branches from where you take the cutting and less % to root they had.

my english sucks, sorry:rolleyes:

F

flybynyt

Your English is fine. Gets the point across... Thats what matters. I think in my early attempts at cloning, my humidity was way to low. Cloning has been a struggle fro me. I'll get it eventually....Thanks for the help.

flybynyt

F

fi_di_bot

Hi flybynyt!
can you build a lil propagator to increase the % of rooted clones; is very easy and cheap.
this is my old one, i used:
- 1 container to stick stuff under the bed (5 euro, 20 lt);
- 1 used plastic box from a fruit shop;
- 1 piece of metal net (the same i use for scrog);
- 1 plastic and transparent film;

also i had at home a warming coil and an oxy pump with 2 porous stones, so i don't need to buy them.
dscn4113_226.jpg

first of all i cut the side of the plastic box to allow it to fit into the container.
then stick it into the container
dscn4115_575.jpg

dscn4116_299.jpg

now cut a piece of metal net and turn it to create the cover of the propagator;
now take the transparent film an with a "machine pistol" joint it to the net.

i close only 2 side of the cover to allow a good air circulation.

now just punt inside the propagator the warming coil (clones love 21/23° C) and the oxy pump.

fill with water (or water and root stimulator) one cm under the fruit box (in my case 15 lt are the maximun quantity of water usable).

put your clones inside, put the cover and turn on the pump and the warming coil.

usually with this you can got clones rooted in 7/10 day.
dscn4117_237.jpg

dscn4118_291.jpg

dscn4119_560.jpg

on work
dscn3714_158.jpg

dscn3715_276.jpg

dscn4237_827.jpg

just add some h2o2 if you don't want to change the solution often, otherwise i change the solution every 3 days.
this is a way to build a propagator, not the best one, on the net you will find more tutorials with more professional ones. but with mine i alway got 100% root.

thesoftdrugbaron

thesoftdrugbaron

ok,s

Can you take clones from a plant grown from female seeds? Any issues with that?

Thanks.

flybynyt

hi flybnyt,

i did that 1 time only ,the plant was ok ,s for a few generation . i sent a few clones out to mates .. and she went very hermi and made alot of seeds in alot of rooms ... so i would say . fem only seed are a 1 shot ..:mellow: just my opinion tho..?:cool:

C

Coughee Brotha

ive never had a problem taking cuts from femmed seeds. my blue hash from dinafem LOVES bearing children. same thing with the moby hash.maybe a nanner or to every couple runs. i usually dont buy femmed seeds but thats all dinafem sells, so... id say dont stress em and they should be fine....

Top Bottom