CYCLE TIMER FOR VENTILATION...help please.

• Thread starter mostlydonuts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mostlydonuts

mostlydonuts

Hi all!

I am new to growing. I have an 8 plant basement room running a mini split to cool it and 8 Spider Farmer SF4000s lighting it. I have a commercial dehu hung from the ceiling at about canopy level. I did have some powdery mildew issues but was able to keep it in check using UVC-Light and some green clear.

What I am looking for in a continuous cycle timer is this: Run ventilation system ON for 5 OFF for 5 and then from 7:20pm until say 9:20pm the cycle would change to ON for 10 OFF for 5. The idea is to exhaust the extra humidity that builds when the lights go out to further decrease the chance of PM.

Does a continuous cycle timer exist that allows for two different cycles executed at specific times?

Thanks!

mostlydonuts

mostlydonuts

Powdery mildew is a sign of plant not being able to fight it off wi th it’s own immune system. Building the soils natural biology will boost the plants immune system but you know people have other methods too. And to answer your last question I have two seperate timers one for the light and one for the fan with incoming filtered air. It turns on a couple times a day to give the plants fresh filtered air and to push out the stale stuff. I believe there are timers like you mentioned but for me it was always easier to have seperate timers I bought off eBay that connect to my phone then I just set it up on the app it’s pretty chill. Cost less than 10 bucks for each one
Hi. Thanks for replying. I did read that about the plants immune system. I forgot to mention, the space we took over had been used previously for growing and the person had a PM problem which they did not take care of so I believe those spores were already in the room when we started. Since finding that out, I've fogged the basement (outside of the grow room) for mold and treated and cleaned everything within the room as well. There was definitely a humidity issues early on but getting in tune with the environment down there has helped a lot. I will check out ebay and see what I can find. Cheers!

Harvard

Harvard

I use hyper fans and their smart controller, you set the high temp for fan to run 100% and you set the low speed. It runs at low speed and when it reaches (83* lets say) it revs up to 100%. It runs 24 hours and on 100% it’s only 35 watts.
24FBB7F9 AF78 4EB5 B17F E4F9CBB13E0D

mostlydonuts

mostlydonuts

I use hyper fans and their smart controller, you set the high temp for fan to run 100% and you set the low speed. It runs at low speed and when it reaches (83* lets say) it revs up to 100%. It runs 24 hours and on 100% it’s only 35 watts.
View attachment 1044493
That's a cool setup. Right now I have two maxpro inline fans, so I cannot use that smart controller you have. My short cycle timer works well at 5 on 5 off but it can only execute a single short cycle period at a time. I just need a bit of extra ventilation (longer on time) for like 3 hours in the evening before going back to 5 on 5 off. A smart plug could work if it allows for that kind of programming but I imagine it would burn out quickly cycling off so many times.

mostlydonuts

mostlydonuts

I have that inkbird humidistat running outside my room to keep my intake air/basement dry. It's great! In the room, the commercial dehu does work with a humidistat. The dehu was free so I can't complain but need to wait to upgrade to something that can take advantage of a humidistat. :)

Harvard

Harvard

That's a cool setup. Right now I have two maxpro inline fans, so I cannot use that smart controller you have. My short cycle timer works well at 5 on 5 off but it can only execute a single short cycle period at a time. I just need a bit of extra ventilation (longer on time) for like 3 hours in the evening before going back to 5 on 5 off. A smart plug could work if it allows for that kind of programming but I imagine it would burn out quickly cycling off so many times.
My old set up was with max fans and I had them plugged into a titan timer, it had 8 settings. I would run it every 2 hours for 15 minutes or so and come on for the last 2 hours of dark. If that makes sense or helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom