Damaged plants from Broad / Russet Mites (With Pics)

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hands On

Hands On

After battling a unknown problem for weeks,I have come to find out it was Broad / Russet Mites
These things are tremendously dangerous. They can and will destroy your whole grow. They are extremely damaging and hard to get rid of.

Your plants will look like it has:
Nitrogen Deficiency
Magnesium Deficiency
Calcium Deficiency
Iron Deficiency

It also Mimic Symptom like:
Over Fertilization
Over Watering
Light Burn
Wind Burn
And others

If anyone has pics of the damage they can do post them, we don’t need to be chasing phantom problems.

Damaged plants from broad  russet mites with pics

Damaged plants from broad  russet mites with pics 2

Damaged plants from broad  russet mites with pics 3

Damaged plants from broad  russet mites with pics 4

the rrock

the rrock

Are these similar to root aphids,ive had those along time ago,flyers came with them if I remember. But yeah they can suck the life right out of the plant.

Hands On

Hands On

Are these similar to root aphids,ive had those along time ago,flyers came with them if I remember. But yeah they can suck the life right out of the plant.

Im not sure if root aphids are similar

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

After battling a unknown problem for weeks,I have come to find out it was Broad / Russet Mites
These things are tremendously dangerous. They can and will destroy your whole grow. They are extremely damaging and hard to get rid of.

Your plants will look like it has:
Nitrogen Deficiency
Magnesium Deficiency
Calcium Deficiency
Iron Deficiency

It also Mimic Symptom like:
Over Fertilization
Over Watering
Light Burn
Wind Burn
And others

If anyone has pics of the damage they can do post them, we don’t need to be chasing phantom problems.

View attachment 890595

View attachment 890596

View attachment 890597

View attachment 890598

Great post! Exactly my experience with these bastards too, you chase everything before you figure it out and by the time you do it's already too late!

Monster762

Monster762

Yup i had em. Broads. Look for clear bugs with dots on em. If not in flower i say bury the plants in total with tattoo green soap. Kills tgem. The eggs n all.one treatment. I spray all over under n all do not drench soil. But some on it is ok. It is 30% alcohol by vol in a lavender oil soap.
It will not dry leaves out it actually conditions them. I rinse soil good n add microbes afterwards just to feel better. It kills all bugs and funguses. I mix 5ml in a 32oz sprayer. I do rinse plants in total too when i rinse soil. About 20 mins after i spray em down.

Im no pro just my hands on trick to rid them bastards.

sammy2

sammy2

Been there and done that, when I see problems with the girls, I do a scope for these borg first thing. I've try different remedies, such avid and forbid which work with multiple

treatments. But I also had them with girls in flowering and you cannot use these systemic treatments in flower. Out of desperation, I try Safer Insect soap in flower with about

3 treatments, 3 days apart and it worked. This product kills the egg also. The best part is once successful you just wash it off the girls. Whenever I see somebody with broad or

russet mites, I feel for you and post this simple remedy for these mites.

Top Bottom