Damien's Photo Grow: Malawi X Panama Edition

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funk junky

Funk junky

Has anyone here switch from hps to led's .?
It's just I find I have to use cal mag throughout grow( more of a calcium problem) I would like to know has anyone else noticed this?

H

hawkman

Still have 4 or 5 weeks left

Hey... I think you're right. I created my own problems when I was low on nutrients and at the least I don't think you're wrong about the nutes. I'm supposed to be at 680ppm and I'm double.

Thanks I really need an EC meter
Hey = check out this for landrances' iot's call "imdianlandraceexchhange.com" they have more strains that TheReal Seed Company if you like landrances' thid site is a must --But can't seem to fiound out how to order and price - may you can't _ Please let me know - they have some landrance strains I never heard of

damien50

damien50

Day 21 - Week 3 of Veg
Growpito Sim Mix, enzymes, beneficials
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 PH
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
55-60% RH
14/10

II fimmed these plus they've been transplanted from a shared 1 gallon to a shared 5 gallon. Fimming went well and the transplant was effortless. Looking at 3 different phenos with varying degrees of growth, leaf fingers, and branching. I'll take clones eventually. I have until the end of the month to get some clones in but I doubt that will be happening unless these Jack take off. I cropped two hoping for more branching

IMG 20190903 191122091

Ace Seeds Malawi X Panama

Day 53 - Week 8 of flower
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 ph
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
50-60% RH
11.5/12.5

II love this strain lol. It bounced back but I can't believe it's almost over already. A lot can happen in 24 more days. I tried removing as many damaged leaves as possible but the buds are so sticky and surprisingly I have aromas this grow! Smells like sweet earth and musk mixed with wood.

IMG 20190903 200553773
IMG 20190903 191622949
IMG 20190903 200600625
IMG 20190903 201723440

Thanks to @MIMedGrower for pointing out the issue

damien50

damien50

Seedsman Jack Herer
Day 23 - Week 3 of Veg
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 PH
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
55-60% RH
14/10

Back at it again guys. Taking a break from reporting on the MxP because I've done it already and who really cares anyway lol.

TTo the Jack! I'm impressed with the growth of one pheno after a transplant and only 23 days. So far the large pheno has 4 solid branches for cloning but I'm hoping I can hit 16 between all 3 plants.

IMG 20190905 192907053
IMG 20190905 192931770
IMG 20190905 192925102
IMG 20190905 192946334

Irananian Landrace Non Fem
Day 23 - Week 3 of Veg
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 PH
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
55-60% RH
14/10

Gifted about 50 of these seeds and planted 12 to see the germ rates and male vs female ratios. These aren't fem.

IMG 20190905 193158240

damien50

damien50

Day 26 - Week 3 of Veg
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 PH
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
55-60% RH
14/10

II wasn't entirely fond of the aero cloner and so I made bubble cloner. I took clones from the largest pheno which yielded 7 and one from another. I fimmed them a week ago to try and get as many clones as possible.

HHopefully I'll have them ready for flowering by the time the MxP(19 days left)

IMG 20190908 203810511
IMG 20190908 203727883

damien50

damien50

Aw man I don't remember who suggested it, @Funk junky maybe?

Gonna post some blurbs from icmag. I kind cool though

So I'll put my smoke report here if that is alright.

I'll add in some pictures but I'll start with the grind, inhale, exhale, and the high. I vape and smoke blunts, dutches, papers.

The feel of this bud is soft, spongy, sticky, oily and a bit dense. When I was trimming and breaking it down to grind it assaults my nose with lemon incense that turns into lemon candy. The grind is easy and leaves a soft sticky pile that rolls perfectly.

Rolling this up is easy even for me and produces a nice slow burn with aromas of musk and incense. Inhaling produces gentle flavors of lemon/citrus similar to weak Sprite and I've been told lemon cupcakes. It isn't harsh on the throat but produces ample smoke or vapor

The exhale is flavors and aromas of earth, woods, and some sweetness like a light tea.

The high is something I've never experienced before especially with this being my first sativa. It takes about 15 minutes for me to begin feeling the onset then my mouth and eyes become dry. Anxiety just disappears and eventually my mind wanders and keeping the same thought gets hard. I get pretty calm and there is pressure on my head eventually.

Everything gets brighter and more detailed with munchies, more sensitivity with perception, and and deep introversion. That's alone but with others happiness, laughing, and wanting to chill in good scenery is the vibe. Music is always appreciated and everything is good. It kind of ebb and flows but it last around 2-3 hours with a gentle come down.

Paranoia happens occasionally but it isn't a deal breaker. I honestly just want to chill somewhere serene and smoke it. Eventually enough puts me to sleep but it is some good sleep. I vape it all day at work and I get some energy while being in a chill don't talk to me mood.
/SPOILER]

In response to that dubi replied in kind

Thanks Damien50
huggg.gif

Your spectacular grow diary along with your detailed, inspiring and touching smoke report leaves me speechless, but at the same time makes me feel very very happy, especially knowing this is your first pure sativa grow and smoke of this kind. Your outcome speaks of your talent to understand cannabis plants and about how to bring these sativa genetics indoors to their best potential. Showing others that to achieve amazing results with our highly worked pure sativa hybrids is not only a thing for the very experienced sativa grower or snob, quite the opposite, it's an experience that any cannabis grower with genuine interest and energy can achieve by him/herself.

You really deserve such bountiful harvest and many great and pleasant experiences with your harvested flowers after a good curing. And i'm very happy you keep clones of the genetics for future grows.

The development of your grow and your smoke report perfectly matches with what we describe in the description of the strain.

With yours and with the example of many other great growers posting in this thread in previous pages, it's evident the potential regarding, vigor, yield, THC levels, production of huge trichomes, quality of terpenes, quality of the long lasting and profound effects that this amazing F1 pure sativa hybrid offers to the cannabis community.

Countless (yet tamed) sativa qualities in a single F1 hybrid, qualities that are becoming rare and more rare with the flooding of indica Kush varietals. Pure sativa hybrids of the quality and caliber of Malawi x Panama would not exist without all the hard work that took more than 15 years to develop strains like Malawi or Panama separately.
I firmly believe Malawi x Panama (and many other sativa strains of our current catalog, and more to come! ) are on par with the strenght and rareness of for example more trendy or sought after sativa hybrids like Killer A5 Haze. And i'm sure all this hard work we are doing (and others) is making and will do a huge impact in the cannabis breeding scene, and hopefully also will help to keep alive the qualities of the old best sativa strains, in a level of refinement, taming and easiness of growing so everyone with the interest can experience them.

So some things happened with Ace and they agreed to use photos from the MxP grow for their site. In return I am receiving

Bangi Congo x Panama feminized
Orient Express x Nepal Jam feminized
Zamaldelica x Kali China is a feminized

I couldn't resist their limited edition Strains. Thcfarmer has become an unexpected new home lol. Never would have grown with this breeder or learned this much. Thanks lurkers

damien50

damien50

Thanks Damien50
huggg.gif

Your spectacular grow diary along with your detailed, inspiring and touching smoke report leaves me speechless, but at the same time makes me feel very very happy, especially knowing this is your first pure sativa grow and smoke of this kind. Your outcome speaks of your talent to understand cannabis plants and about how to bring these sativa genetics indoors to their best potential. Showing others that to achieve amazing results with our highly worked pure sativa hybrids is not only a thing for the very experienced sativa grower or snob, quite the opposite, it's an experience that any cannabis grower with genuine interest and energy can achieve by him/herself.

You really deserve such bountiful harvest and many great and pleasant experiences with your harvested flowers after a good curing. And i'm very happy you keep clones of the genetics for future grows.

The development of your grow and your smoke report perfectly matches with what we describe in the description of the strain.

With yours and with the example of many other great growers posting in this thread in previous pages, it's evident the potential regarding, vigor, yield, THC levels, production of huge trichomes, quality of terpenes, quality of the long lasting and profound effects that this amazing F1 pure sativa hybrid offers to the cannabis community.

Countless (yet tamed) sativa qualities in a single F1 hybrid, qualities that are becoming rare and more rare with the flooding of indica Kush varietals. Pure sativa hybrids of the quality and caliber of Malawi x Panama would not exist without all the hard work that took more than 15 years to develop strains like Malawi or Panama separately.
I firmly believe Malawi x Panama (and many other sativa strains of our current catalog, and more to come! ) are on par with the strenght and rareness of for example more trendy or sought after sativa hybrids like Killer A5 Haze. And i'm sure all this hard work we are doing (and others) is making and will do a huge impact in the cannabis breeding scene, and hopefully also will help to keep alive the qualities of the old best sativa strains, in a level of refinement, taming and easiness of growing so everyone with the interest can experience them.

So some things happened with Ace and they agreed to use photos from the MxP grow for their site. In return I am receiving

I couldn't resist their limited edition Strains. Thcfarmer has become an unexpected new home lol. Never would have grown with this breeder or learned this much. Thanks lurkers[

H

hawkman

Thanks Damien50
huggg.gif

I couldn't resist their limited edition Strains. Thcfarmer has become an unexpected new home lol. Never would have grown with this breeder or learned this much. Thanks lurkers[
[/QUOTE

One can't go wrong with Ace strains
Swamie has some very interesting strains also

damien50

damien50

Swamie has some very interesting strains also

I looked at them but they want a lot of money as donations and no pics of the strains. I was interested in the Indian seed exchange as well but I think I have yo contact them for their genetics. Gon make me a big ol seed vault, maybe do some pheno hints every few years and learn to breed lol

Srenots

Srenots

I looked at them but they want a lot of money as donations and no pics of the strains. I was interested in the Indian seed exchange as well but I think I have yo contact them for their genetics. Gon make me a big ol seed vault, maybe do some pheno hints every few years and learn to breed lol
heard good and bad about Swami...take your pic and roll the dice, Organix likes them alot....he does well with them

H

hawkman

Good plan !!!! - "Kiwik.com" great place for landances. ect if you want heirloom strain check them out

damien50

damien50

Day 62 - Week 8 of flower
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 ph
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
50-60% RH
8/16

Dropped their light schedule down to 8 hours and I'm going to ride it out to day 70-77. Sugar leaves are turning amber on the trichomes but the ovaries thematically are opaque to cloudy.

Despite the issues I'm thinking 2lbs is possible again. Lots of photos.

IMG 20190911 235612
IPC 2019 09 120005443900
IPC 2019 09 120005353540
IPC 2019 09 120005546600
IPC 2019 09 120005499510
IMG 20190911 235435
IMG 20190911 235423
IMG 20190911 235508
IMG 20190911 235458
IPC 2019 09 120007051500
IPC 2019 09 120006066810
IPC 2019 09 120007452950
IPC 2019 09 120007374390
IPC 2019 09 120007525709
IMG 20190911 235546
IMG 20190911 235520
IMG 20190911 235612
IPC 2019 09 120005443900
IPC 2019 09 120005353540

IMG 20190911 235435
Funk junky

Funk junky

Day 21 - Week 3 of Veg
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 PH
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
55-60% RH
14/10

II fimmed these plus they've been transplanted from a shared 1 gallon to a shared 5 gallon. Fimming went well and the transplant was effortless. Looking at 3 different phenos with varying degrees of growth, leaf fingers, and branching. I'll take clones eventually. I have until the end of the month to get some clones in but I doubt that will be happening unless these Jack take off. I cropped two hoping for more branching

View attachment 893201

Ace Seeds Malawi X Panama

Day 53 - Week 8 of flower
Mega Crop - 500ppm
Tap Water - 250ppm
5.7 ph
80-86f ambient
77-83f Leaf Surface
50-60% RH
11.5/12.5

II love this strain lol. It bounced back but I can't believe it's almost over already. A lot can happen in 24 more days. I tried removing as many damaged leaves as possible but the buds are so sticky and surprisingly I have aromas this grow! Smells like sweet earth and musk mixed with wood.

View attachment 893199View attachment 893200View attachment 893202View attachment 893203

Thanks to @MIMedGrower for pointing out the issue
Yes especially with sativas indoor the plants won't hit there full expression usually on the first run.
That is why you're getting aroma now I would think

Funk junky

Funk junky

I'll add in some pictures but I'll start with the grind, inhale, exhale, and the high. I vape and smoke blunts, dutches, papers.

The feel of this bud is soft, spongy, sticky, oily and a bit dense. When I was trimming and breaking it down to grind it assaults my nose with lemon incense that turns into lemon candy. The grind is easy and leaves a soft sticky pile that rolls perfectly.

Rolling this up is easy even for me and produces a nice slow burn with aromas of musk and incense. Inhaling produces gentle flavors of lemon/citrus similar to weak Sprite and I've been told lemon cupcakes. It isn't harsh on the throat but produces ample smoke or vapor

The exhale is flavors and aromas of earth, woods, and some sweetness like a light tea.

The high is something I've never experienced before especially with this being my first sativa. It takes abou

The high is something I've never experienced before especially with this being my first sativa. It takes about 15 minutes for me to begin feeling the onset then my mouth and eyes become dry. Anxiety just disappears and eventually my mind wanders and keeping the same thought gets hard. I get pretty calm and there is pressure on my head eventually.

Everything gets brighter and more detailed with munchies, more sensitivity with perception, and and deep introversion. That's alone but with others happiness, laughing, and wanting to chill in good scenery is the vibe. Music is always appreciated and everything is good. It kind of ebb and flows but it last around 2-3 hours with a gentle come down.

Paranoia happens occasionally but it isn't a deal breaker. I honestly just want to chill somewhere serene and smoke it. Eventually enough puts me to sleep but it is some good sleep. I vape it all day at work and I get some energy while being in a chill don't talk to me mood.
/SPOILER]

Thanks Damien50
huggg.gif

I couldn't resist their limited edition Strains. Thcfarmer has become an unexpected new home lol. Never would have grown with this breeder or learned this much. Thanks lurkers
sugested what Damien? For some reason I'm not seeing information and when I reply it gave me a reply from ace. I did suggest they may want to use some of your photos is that it?

damien50

damien50

Yes especially with sativas indoor the plants won't hit there full expression usually on the first run.
That is why you're getting aroma now I would think

Yeah I was informed that 2nd Gen clones would be best. I'm glad I stopped growing autos predominantly otherwise I wouldn't have learned so much

damien50

damien50

Here's the Malawi x Panama at day 63. I took these earlier than before just because I enjoyed the uncured smoke. It is currently drying in the tent.

IMG 20190916 203115
IMG 20190916 203056
IMG 20190916 203044
IPC 2019 09 162029495120
IPC 2019 09 162030247010
IPC 2019 09 162030068710

Also I got my stuff from Ace, I'll be starting a new thread for their limited edition strains.

IMG 20190916 165509
IMG 20190916 165323
IMG 20190916 165643

Thanks for following.

Here's the Jack Herer and some Auto Diesel from Seedsman.

Still taking clones from the Jack but no roots so I've switched to the aero cloner

IMG 20190917 185130
IMG 20190917 185206

Top Bottom