Damien's Photo Grow: Malawi X Panama Edition

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

Because of the limited spectrums of some LEDs it doesn't allow for the plant to generate enough calcium. Calcium issues are like rust spots, yellow or purple shoots, weak stems and some other stuff.

Thanks!
Because of the limited spectrums of some LEDs it doesn't allow for the plant to generate enough calcium. Calcium issues are like rust spots, yellow or purple shoots, weak stems and some other stuff.

Thanks!

Funk junky

Funk junky

Where have you learned about calcium and leds? Always trying to improve my grow and I use led's and had a heck of a time with a sativa (just harvested) that I want to try again. Calcium deficiency shows as brown tips? How can you tell difference between over nutes and calcium? I see brown tips and think over fertilize. Thanks
I encountered it on my led grow.
I was very busy and see at a glance what I thought was mite damage.
So I put that on my shopping list. Time was of an essence as I popped beans before i bought any equipment.
Of course sourcing led for my needs came first. Rigged that up in cupboard and started researching what else I needed stealth was a big key as my location is a compromise.
Was first time growing here swore I never would here till my boss gifted me tent extractor and filter.
Anyway went back to treat plants and thought that’s not what I thought.
By that time I was getting brown spots.
Research lead to calcium, and for some reason this was common with leds but no one seemed to know why but armed with my new found knowledge I experimented over the next few grows. With leds I use cal mag throughout entire flowering cycle or at least till late flowering.
I always thought brown tips were nute burn before and that is not to be ruled out. But my particular cases were start of potassium deficiency. My soil was not hot (with nutrients) which sent me looking for another explanation.
And after my symptoms manifested into undoubtably potassium deficiency I treated.
But sometimes lack of macro nutrients can stop intake think iron but don’t quote me.
So now now I give earlyish feed of a solution with macro nutrients and calcium more or less when I can fit it in over whole cycle.
This works for me I would google potassium deficiency cannabis and calcium deficiency using leds for cannabis the information is there somewhere. But a lot of nutrient deficiency can be misdiagnosed.
A phosphorus deficiency can be mid diagnosed as calcium deficiency for example. Potassium is more identifyiable if progresses.
But I’ve been growing for nearly 15 years and I’ve still loads to learn, I started outdoor then indoor under hps, then led in different environment, so can only tell you what works for me.
There are much better grower than me on here so they might be able to correct me. Oh and what might help is a chart showing at what ph specific nutrients are available in the plant as there is not one sweet spot where every nutrient is available. Although soil is forgiving and has buffers. Oh and I always like give at least one flush throughout cycle I flush a lot of water through there system not worried about ph until until I’ve rinsed through quite a bit then last few litres I ph the water( if I feel lazy and a bit flamboyant I buy my local supermarket bottle water that is 6.2ph) last bit of water I put through I add say one quarter or fifth the nutrient solution I feel they would normally want at this period, had I been just feeding.
I love it when I do this, I always see them pray followed by very responsive attitude towards nutrients compared the times I’ve not done this. I’ve even done this to one and not the other(admittedly two close phenotypes of a plant rather than two clones) verdict is I don’t think I will ever not clean there system out now it’s just timing when there loaded up like a bodybuilder make them hungry the results being a leaner but meaner healthy plant.
But I can talk shit from time to time. Oh the more tropical a sativa I would hold off nitrogen.
Not that I have done much field work in that direction good luck

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah sorry Damian should have read that first very good.
The most important tool in my box is my microbes keep a healthy micro farm in organic soil and you don’t seem to experience all these problems you might

damien50

damien50

It must smell like heaven in there! Beautiful!

Not much smell in there at the moment. I'm keeping it at 60f while they dry out on the branches. Rubbing them yields a lemon candy/wild/earthy smell. Thanks!

Yeah sorry Damian should have read that first very good.
The most important tool in my box is my microbes keep a healthy micro farm in organic soil and you don’t seem to experience all these problems you might

Once I added microbes I stopped shedding leaves and all my problems disappeared except for that ph/underfeeding lol

@damien50 anxiously waiting on the smoke report.

I'll keep everyone updated because I'll be adding pictures during trim time.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you truly nailed this grow man. I am not typically easily impressed but you sir have just knocked my sox off . I found your thread and read every page and looked at every pic and I am astounded. Props++++ to Dubi the breeder and to you for showcasing his work in such a fine fashion.

Tell me a little about the head of this strain. I grew up with mostly sativas from the 60's and over the years have become very bored with all the couchlock indicas out there. I however dont mess with a lot of sativas due to anxiety issues with saties. How balanced is this lady? Any paranoia at all and how racy is she on your ticker?

Again what an amazing job you should be proud but stay humble. Peace

Lisa22

Lisa22

I encountered it on my led grow.
I was very busy and see at a glance what I thought was mite damage.
So I put that on my shopping list. Time was of an essence as I popped beans before i bought any equipment.
Of course sourcing led for my needs came first. Rigged that up in cupboard and started researching what else I needed stealth was a big key as my location is a compromise.
Was first time growing here swore I never would here till my boss gifted me tent extractor and filter.
Anyway went back to treat plants and thought that’s not what I thought.
By that time I was getting brown spots.
Research lead to calcium, and for some reason this was common with leds but no one seemed to know why but armed with my new found knowledge I experimented over the next few grows. With leds I use cal mag throughout entire flowering cycle or at least till late flowering.
I always thought brown tips were nute burn before and that is not to be ruled out. But my particular cases were start of potassium deficiency. My soil was not hot (with nutrients) which sent me looking for another explanation.
And after my symptoms manifested into undoubtably potassium deficiency I treated.
But sometimes lack of macro nutrients can stop intake think iron but don’t quote me.
So now now I give earlyish feed of a solution with macro nutrients and calcium more or less when I can fit it in over whole cycle.
This works for me I would google potassium deficiency cannabis and calcium deficiency using leds for cannabis the information is there somewhere. But a lot of nutrient deficiency can be misdiagnosed.
A phosphorus deficiency can be mid diagnosed as calcium deficiency for example. Potassium is more identifyiable if progresses.
But I’ve been growing for nearly 15 years and I’ve still loads to learn, I started outdoor then indoor under hps, then led in different environment, so can only tell you what works for me.
There are much better grower than me on here so they might be able to correct me. Oh and what might help is a chart showing at what ph specific nutrients are available in the plant as there is not one sweet spot where every nutrient is available. Although soil is forgiving and has buffers. Oh and I always like give at least one flush throughout cycle I flush a lot of water through there system not worried about ph until until I’ve rinsed through quite a bit then last few litres I ph the water( if I feel lazy and a bit flamboyant I buy my local supermarket bottle water that is 6.2ph) last bit of water I put through I add say one quarter or fifth the nutrient solution I feel they would normally want at this period, had I been just feeding.
I love it when I do this, I always see them pray followed by very responsive attitude towards nutrients compared the times I’ve not done this. I’ve even done this to one and not the other(admittedly two close phenotypes of a plant rather than two clones) verdict is I don’t think I will ever not clean there system out now it’s just timing when there loaded up like a bodybuilder make them hungry the results being a leaner but meaner healthy plant.
But I can talk shit from time to time. Oh the more tropical a sativa I would hold off nitrogen.
Not that I have done much field work in that direction good luck
Appreciate - looks like I have some reading to do - thanks. What lights are you running? Wondering about the blend of light wavelengths (not sure how to put it) but I've read some (or all) don't have the necessary ranges of light for all veg and flower. I'm running 4 VIPARSPECTRA 300W LED Grow Lights in a 4x4

damien50

damien50

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you truly nailed this grow man. I am not typically easily impressed but you sir have just knocked my sox off . I found your thread and read every page and looked at every pic and I am astounded. Props++++ to Dubi the breeder and to you for showcasing his work in such a fine fashion.

Tell me a little about the head of this strain. I grew up with mostly sativas from the 60's and over the years have become very bored with all the couchlock indicas out there. I however dont mess with a lot of sativas due to anxiety issues with saties. How balanced is this lady? Any paranoia at all and how racy is she on your ticker?

Again what an amazing job you should be proud but stay humble. Peace

Thanks, I'm glad you were impressed. I popped a few first cherries and thought I could have done better lol.

I'm smoking pheno #6 of the twin-seed plant's. It's very up like a grip and buzzing on the head. It's a bit energetic, talkative. #3 is a slow creeping and narcotic but this isn't cured or totally dry yet. No real paranoia. I have bad anxiety and normally I smoke cigars all day, I smoke this all day and don't touch tobacco.

I definitely like it more than any indica I've had but I think Northern Lights is a close second.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks, I'm glad you were impressed. I popped a few first cherries and thought I could have done better lol.

I'm smoking pheno #6 of the twin-seed plant's. It's very up like a grip and buzzing on the head. It's a bit energetic, talkative. #3 is a slow creeping and narcotic but this isn't cured or totally dry yet. No real paranoia. I have bad anxiety and normally I smoke cigars all day, I smoke this all day and don't touch tobacco.

I definitely like it more than any indica I've had but I think Northern Lights is a close second.
thanks for the reply.

damien50

damien50

Round 2

Everything is up and fully functional. Ebb and flow buckets are almost complete. I need timers and a float valve. Scrog is up, mother is planted and let's get to the grow

4x4x6.5 tent
480w bridgelux is EB2 light
Jack's FeED part a
Calimagic
DIY ebb and flow system
55 gallon reservoir

Now the special thing about this grow is I'll be using Growpito's Sim mix, beneficials, and BLAST enzymes. Going to see how much water I roughly use and how much nutrient I'll be using. Hopefully I'll be getting some Mega Crop to run with this

The Sim mix is Rockwool that is loose like wool... If anyone was wondering. I also vegged these for 6-7 weeks

Day 7 - Week 2 of flower
860 ppm
6.0 PH
80-86f ambient
77-80f Leaf Surface
50-60% RH

Had a calcium deficiency but I hit it with a foliar and it is improving. Leaves are praying for the first time. They have steadily been eating under 900ppm filling the net

IMG 20190717 193825376
IMG 20190715 194456955
IMG 20190717 193842555
IMG 20190715 194446199
IMG 20190716 201407086
IMG 20190713 193402725
IMG 20190713 193337265

IMG 20190715 194456955
damien50

damien50

Here's my smoke report. My freshly rinsed Dutch. Let's get to it

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO

Tester Name : damien50
Strain : Ace Seeds Malawi X Panama
Method Smoked : Dry herb vape, Dutch, swisher, joints, glass blunt

APPEARANCE

IMG 20190720 141330575

IMG 20190720 123322251
IMG 20190720 142921779
IMG 20190720 123209166
IMG 20190720 144922235

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Lemon
Associated smells of bud : Sweet, intense incense, candy

TASTE

Dominant flavour : lemon
Associated flavours : earth, licorice, cupcakes

Harsh/smoothness : 3 (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor? : yes(kinda)

BUZZ

Profile : 80-20 Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body)
Potency : 8 (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)
Duration : 2-4 hours (approx length of buzz, from first hit)
Use : Any time (Daytime/Bedtime)
Munchies? : yes
-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia () - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (X) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (X) - orange () - lemon (X) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral () - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody (X) - incense (X) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy (X) - loam () - dirt () - musty (X) - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey (X) - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

IMG 20190720 141321063
damien50

damien50

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO

APPEARANCE

View attachment 882333
View attachment 882330View attachment 882332View attachment 882334View attachment 882335

SMELL

TASTE

Harsh/smoothness : 3 (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)

BUZZ

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
bleach ()

SWEET
fruity (X) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (X) - orange () - lemon (X) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

SPICY
woody (X) - incense (X) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine ()

MUSKY

So I was high when I did this and forgot to write anything else lol.

In General

It is typically all in the head with pressure somewhere on the head and deep introversion. Everyone that has smoked this notes that focus can be an issue with rapid thoughts or a lot of focus on one thing.

It's very slow to take effect with a deeply cerebral feeling. I wouldn't say it is social but more like camping or other activities with great scenery or vibe. I personally want little interaction and to busy myself rather than chilling on the couch.

With higher amounts the high tends to become narcotic with amazing sleep and mental relaxation.

The Grind

Grabbing this out the bucket is a rush of incense and lemon that turns earthy . When I break it down the bud is soft and spongy while being sticky. Putting it through the grinder is intense lemon and incense with a good amount of oil mixed in making this great to roll or vape

Srenots

Srenots

So I was high when I did this and forgot to write anything else lol.

In General

It is typically all in the head with pressure somewhere on the head and deep introversion. Everyone that has smoked this notes that focus can be an issue with rapid thoughts or a lot of focus on one thing.

It's very slow to take effect with a deeply cerebral feeling. I wouldn't say it is social but more like camping or other activities with great scenery or vibe. I personally want little interaction and to busy myself rather than chilling on the couch.

With higher amounts the high tends to become narcotic with amazing sleep and mental relaxation.

The Grind

Grabbing this out the bucket is a rush of incense and lemon that turns earthy . When I break it down the bud is soft and spongy while being sticky. Putting it through the grinder is intense lemon and incense with a good amount of oil mixed in making this great to roll or vape

did pretty dam good for being high ~ sounds Fire

damien50

damien50

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO

APPEARANCE

View attachment 882333
View attachment 882330View attachment 882332View attachment 882334View attachment 882335

SMELL

TASTE

BUZZ

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
bleach ()

SWEET

SPICY

MUSKY
did pretty dam good for being high ~ sounds Fire
It took a while to get a significant lump of brain cells together to finish it. Hard to focus. Thanks
How did I miss this? Nice work!

Round two is going now. I thanks.

damien50

damien50

Day 10 - Week 2 of flower
860 ppm
6.0 PH
80-86f ambient
77-81f Leaf Surface
60-65% RH

I'm enjoying the ebb and flow. Doesn't seem to be any salt build up, mold, algae. The Sim mix gets incredibly light when it's time to water and so far that has been a 33% flood. Feed rate has remained steady while the calcium deficiency is not a problem anymore.

The net is filling up and with this being my second time, it has been way easier to expose a lot of branches to light while not losing a lot below the net. I've been pruning all the branches off below the net which has been much easier with 18" plants versus 10.

Really loving the lemon candy smell and the high this is giving me regardless of pheno. The smell was non existent during the grow but is strong and then sweet.

IMG 20190721 195529546

damien50

damien50

Day 18 - Week 3 of flower
1000 ppm
5.8 PH
80-86f ambient
77-81f Leaf Surface
60-65% RH

Been pretty crappy last few days. Power was off from Thursday to Monday morning so my plants didn't have light for 4 days. Found mold on leaves and my deficiency issues cleared up. Didn't get to order mega crop yet or timers, float valve etc.

They are fine though but I am considering doing aSOG next time, maybe even run two with some seeds as well.

IMG 20190730 013151112
IMG 20190730 013132304
IMG 20190730 013033505

Latest posts

Top Bottom