Damn, Did I Burn My Cannabutter??

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hellno187

Hellno187

My last thread I considered using a microwave, backed off that bad idea, bought a thrift store crock pot and went that direction. I added a pound of butter 2 cups of water and an ounce of trim and set it on low yesterday evening. Everything went fine last night and it even looked good this morning and I planed on letting it go the full 24 hours which would have ended a 5pm. However, just checked it and trim was crispy and butter was pretty black and I didn't like the looks of that. So I turned it off strained it and put it in the fridge. Did I torch my butter and if so how did I go wrong with a crock pot on low??

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

How did the leaves get crispy?
I add enough water to fully submerge the leaf/bud set in low for 24 hours.
It will be weak butter. I go by one ounce to one pound of butter and add water to cover the material.
Maybe the crock pot is defective?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Maybe put it in the freezer to separate the water when the butter hardens
It can lighten up in color.

Hellno187

Hellno187

I added one ounce to one pound of butter 2 cups water and leaves were crunchy is all I can tell ya. It's been in the refrigerator since 12:30 and it's now dark green, but the whole crunchy trim thing has me confused. Burnt or no? Should I have added a ton more water? BTW everyone puts their butter in the freezer, is that to freeze the water so it separates? If so why wouldn't it separate in the frig when the butter solidifies?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You cant use TOO much water so yeah you need to add more water next time.. The water Grabs all the shit you DONT want.. Butter grabs the rest.. Freezer is just faster causes the water and butter to separate quicker then the fridge..

I dunno about your whole crunchy thing but i don't think it really matters..unless you did burn it from lack of water (probable) easy fix with more water next time..

To get your butter less green ( its going to taste like shit as is ) Melt it down with water again ( don't burn it ) then re-freeze or fridge it again the water will pull out more non active shit leaving you a cleaner butter to which you can cook more weed into it if you wanted and do the whole water wash melt refrige all over again..

You can also repeat the water washes till ALL the green is removed.

Top Bottom