damn, i cant get this.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Alright so i was trying to figure out the nutrient game myself, and i did tons, and tons of searching, ive searched thcfarmer and multiple other websites for info on the general hydroponics flora nova bloom and i found some posts about ppm on it, but i cant get a straight answer, and i cant figure out how to feed these girls.

day 40 of flower, i got rapid yellowing, and i mean Rapid. I started to feed her, it started to slow down but shes still looking hungry. I have been tracking my water input and output the last couple waterings.

Water 1: Normal PH balanced water at 6.5
water 2: 700PPM Flora Nova Bloom feed. 200 of it would be my tap water, so 400 flora nova bloom.
water 3: Normal ph balacned water at 6.5. Run off measured at 720 ppm?
Water 4: 550ppm Water input. 50/50 tap to distilled water, so about 100ppm of that would be my tap water. I guess i should measure this more accurately.
This last water i tracked, which was tonight, i had a run off of 1600ppm??

i will continue to track my input and output numbers etc. these are just the past couple waterings.

I will be doing a PH Slurry test here soon. Temps have been perfect, running a constant 77 during the day, 68 at night. 40% humidity.

Day: 40 of flower.
Sorry for shitty pics, i turned my lights off for them, and i was trying to be insanely quick lol. Ill get better pics in a little bit.
IMG_20200226_010443_4.jpg

I guess what im looking for is, what ppm should i be at? how do i measure ppms? MY EC Says like 2200 or something, when ec is supposed to have a decimal? so wtf? Im all sorts of confused... can someone just help sort out my brain, where i should be at ppm/ec wise for week 6 of flower?

Am i doing anything right??

Im so confused even trying to talk about this... lol.

Damn i cant get this 2
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I have another plant, same age, that i fed a little more and i burned the hell out of her, i understand every plant will have different reqs. but maybe i can get a baseline to start at? A run off PPM goal? something?

basscaptain

basscaptain

Like I said I can't help with the #'s
but take those fan leaves off that are yellow and hit it with cal-mag if you have it....... I hear people hear talk about eapson salts.... it needs mag....... it's to yellow

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Like I said I can't help with the #'s
but take those fan leaves off that are yellow and hit it with cal-mag if you have it....... I hear people hear talk about eapson salts.... it needs mag....... it's to yellow
Got you, appreciate you as always bass! i figured we were at a roadblock with the numbers so i figured why not open up to the community. >:D Got you, removing them now, ill hit it with cal mag next watering.

Hmm,, i read up on salts possibly causing a nute lock, but i dont know if im just shooting for the stars with that. Reading that a higher ppm run off means the plants not eating = lockout? but i dont know, i dont even know what the hell im talking about at this point ive read so much bla bla bla lol.

basscaptain

basscaptain

you Good I HOPE
Someone will Help with the #'s cause I Can't Help there.............................

They Really Look Good Bro Overall.................. just a little yellow...... I'm doing the same thing right now also........

right now I'm giving a 1/3 of the dose of NKP 1 day and 1/3 of cal-mag one day a week to keep mine greener then last run.....

your soil released food also and that's why they burned............... Remember the soil has stuff in it too.......

basscaptain

basscaptain

I knew you were Looking I haven't heared from you in days................................ Smoke a Bowl and Rewined............

There not in bad shape....................................

you just need someone that can talk #'s with you cause I can't do that........... Sry

THCMonster

THCMonster

This late into flower you should easily be at 1000ppm! 400ppm of just food is definitely not enough!

Thats what i feed my clones!

Your starving your plants!

Your bud looks great though!

You should also be hitting them with the Liquid Koolbloom about

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have a different take on this. Rather than continue to give bloom nutes while the plant has an obvious nitrogen deficiency I would give the grow nute.

Also 2200 ec is the same as 2.2 Ec just a different decimal measure. And 2.2 ec is 1100 ppm.

No one can tell what to feed. Just give guidelines. Your numbers above are all over the place. But your runoff should only be about .3 ec higher max than your input.

Once we lose control and start chasing deficiencies it gets harder to recover. And plants like consistancy. And they like to start with fertilizer slow and work up gradually. And they like to be tapered off the same way after peak flowering.

The plants look ok. The white pistils are sticking out and growing but like everyone said they are hungry. Whenever I see what you are seeing i run a gallon of water through my 3 gallon pots to clear excess or imbalanced nutrients and then pour through a medium dose of grow fertilizer for the balanced ratio. Medium dose to me is about 1.2-1.4. It depends on the plant. I watch them to see where they like their feed strength by ramping up slowly each watering til they show leaf stress or yellow tips a bit. Then back off a step.

I believe more pk leaning nutes will increase yellowing and cal mag should be unnecessary with 200ppm tap water.

Also continued ph down to adjust tap if not needed will yellow plants by acidifying the pot. But your runoff should show that with a ph test.

I have 150 ppm water and never adjust ph

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also another tip I got from reading. I cant say about led but i guess you use an equivalent comparison.

If you grow with 1000 watts hps you likely need to work up to 100% of bottled nute directions at peak flower or marure veg.

600 watts hps would be 2/3 feed directions on average. All plants, rooms and grows can be different but the 600 watt grown plants in my room often end up at 2/3 strength nutes during peak flowering.

I guess a new samsung quantum board is realiatically a third more powerful than an hps. So 600 watts of quantum board would need the full strength at peak.

Again. This is all depending on the plants and grow.

Hope this all helps bud :-)

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have a different take on this. Rather than continue to give bloom nutes while the plant has an obvious nitrogen deficiency I would give the grow nute.

Also 2200 ec is the same as 2.2 Ec just a different decimal measure. And 2.2 ec is 1100 ppm.

No one can tell what to feed. Just give guidelines. Your numbers above are all over the place. But your runoff should only be about .3 ec higher max than your input.

Once we lose control and start chasing deficiencies it gets harder to recover. And plants like consistancy. And they like to start with fertilizer slow and work up gradually. And they like to be tapered off the same way after peak flowering.

The plants look ok. The white pistils are sticking out and growing but like everyone said they are hungry. Whenever I see what you are seeing i run a gallon of water through my 3 gallon pots to clear excess or imbalanced nutrients and then pour through a medium dose of grow fertilizer for the balanced ratio. Medium dose to me is about 1.2-1.4. It depends on the plant. I watch them to see where they like their feed strength by ramping up slowly each watering til they show leaf stress or yellow tips a bit. Then back off a step.

I believe more pk leaning nutes will increase yellowing and cal mag should be unnecessary with 200ppm tap water.

Also continued ph down to adjust tap if not needed will yellow plants by acidifying the pot. But your runoff should show that with a ph test.

CG needs help with #'s I can't ................................... He is doing Great But needs a little more Help with all the Tools you guys use.......
I'm not there..... I do everything by my eyes and gut..............

ty MMG for jumping in here........

Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
What medium are you growing in? I have experience with Flora Nova but I was growing in Tupur coco. With RO water I was doing 50 to 100 ppm cal mag then 800 to 1200 ppm flora nova depending on the plants needs.

If you can, and if you're concerned about salt buildup you can do a foliar spray with epsom salt for the extra magnesium once every other day or so.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

This! This right fucking here is what i was going to do tonight, i was going to feed it the grow, but i got nervous, and stuck with the bloom. I really need to stop doing that and just step out of my comfort zone. I noticed my numbers where EVERYWHERE also, this is a reason why i came here. I knew i needed some direction, because this was just getting whacky.
But cool, im glad i did go to the community.

Anyways, i guess theres not much to say, thats really the plan, and that was kind of the plan i had tonight, ill flush it out first like you said, that was something, i wasnt going to do. So ill add that in, and do that. then feed grow. Balance out my EC levels. Kind of "reset" the medium rather.

I was aiming for a PPM level of 800 for week 6 of flower. But like @THCMonster stated above, ive read up on numbers being in the thousands, but im burning my OTHER PLANTS at 800ppm?? So, its a little confusing, im going to do the same with my other plants im going to flush them and try to balance everything out again, my numbers got whacky, quickkkk.

but were going to leave the other plants out of the question for right now, and im just going to focus on this one thats yellowing.

What medium are you growing in? I have experience with Flora Nova but I was growing in Tupur coco. With RO water I was doing 50 to 100 ppm cal mag then 800 to 1200 ppm flora nova depending on the plants needs.

If you can, and if you're concerned about salt buildup you can do a foliar spray with epsom salt for the extra magnesium once every other day or so.

You know, i wasnt to sure if i should be concerned or not because i havent fed to many nutrients, i mean unless salt buildup can happen fast, and happen from tap water ,then maybe i could have an issue. But i wasnt to concerned about it, i just read it somewhere and thought maybe it could be in the list of possibilities.

I am growing in Roots Organics. I have kind of figured out the medium is good for like 2-3 weeks before its all burnt out of nutrients. Im on week 6 in the same medium lol.

Currently, tap water of 190-200ppm. and when i have the money, ill do a mix of distilled/tap water to even it out at 100ppm. but i dont always have the water on hand to do so.
Foliar spray of epsom salt? hmm okay, i appreciate it @Deadstill.

Definitely appreciate everyones input. ive made it so damn far with these girls, i gotta get this shit under control before the new veg girls move into flower.
Luckily, i consider these flowering plants, practice plants hahaha. theyre built for mess ups hahaha.

Nugg

Nugg

This guy right here👆👆...nailed it.. worship him...

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
This! This right fucking here is what i was going to do tonight, i was going to feed it the grow, but i got nervous, and stuck with the bloom. I really need to stop doing that and just step out of my comfort zone. I noticed my numbers where EVERYWHERE also, this is a reason why i came here. I knew i needed some direction, because this was just getting whacky.
But cool, im glad i did go to the community.

Anyways, i guess theres not much to say, thats really the plan, and that was kind of the plan i had tonight, ill flush it out first like you said, that was something, i wasnt going to do. So ill add that in, and do that. then feed grow. Balance out my EC levels. Kind of "reset" the medium rather.

I was aiming for a PPM level of 800 for week 6 of flower. But like @THCMonster stated above, ive read up on numbers being in the thousands, but im burning my OTHER PLANTS at 800ppm?? So, its a little confusing, im going to do the same with my other plants im going to flush them and try to balance everything out again, my numbers got whacky, quickkkk.

but were going to leave the other plants out of the question for right now, and im just going to focus on this one thats yellowing.

You know, i wasnt to sure if i should be concerned or not because i havent fed to many nutrients, i mean unless salt buildup can happen fast, and happen from tap water ,then maybe i could have an issue. But i wasnt to concerned about it, i just read it somewhere and thought maybe it could be in the list of possibilities.

I am growing in Roots Organics. I have kind of figured out the medium is good for like 2-3 weeks before its all burnt out of nutrients. Im on week 6 in the same medium lol.

Currently, tap water of 190-200ppm. and when i have the money, ill do a mix of distilled/tap water to even it out at 100ppm. but i dont always have the water on hand to do so.
Foliar spray of epsom salt? hmm okay, i appreciate it @Deadstill.

Definitely appreciate everyones input. ive made it so damn far with these girls, i gotta get this shit under control before the new veg girls move into flower.
Luckily, i consider these flowering plants, practice plants hahaha. theyre built for mess ups hahaha.

I don't think you're going to see salt build up too quickly. You could flush the roots every once in a while with plain water if you're worried about it. Like once a week just take them outside or in a sink and just keep running water through until the runoff comes out clear. This will help you meter the fertilizer a little more accurately and won't hurt your plants. Usually I try to pump 3 times the volume of the container when I flush. So let's say you have a 5 gallon pot, flush with 15 gallons of water and you can safely say it's pretty well flushed.

Anthem

Anthem

Those plants will handle 1100 PPM with no problem. The media should have no nuts by now. I do a feed one day and water next day and I am at 1600 end of week five with no burn. I try and build up about 100 to 200 PPMs per week. The limiting factory is the light.

The LED's with high PPFD's will generate more light and in turn the plant will want more food. There is something with the high PPFD's LED's that makes the plant require more N and Cal Mag. I have been adding this to the nuts and I can see a benefit. I wonder if someday we will see nutrient companies blending nutrients for the type of lights?

Top Bottom